Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Looking for 16u teams

by Lefty123 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Looking for a 16uU team in the San Fernando Valley or Santa Clarita Valley. Can someone please tell me where to find one, driving 40 miles to pratice really wears you out.

Thanks
Lefty123

by catcherzrule » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Choppers are based out of Santa Clarita.

Good luck.

:)
catcherzrule

by 00softballgirl00 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Keep driving the 40 miles.

Choppers will just take your money and not practice and also carry 22 girls. I would try Bownet before Choppers. at least those guys know how to coach.
00softballgirl00

by CatcherDad99 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:08 pm

There are a few out here. I have not found one that works for my DD yet but there are a few out here. Just a little advice. We are on our 2nd year of driving to IE. In August we were thinking like you time to move closer. We tried one of the better known teams out here in SCV (not choppers). It was a poor fit from the start. She was under appreciated on a team that couldn't buy a win. The team ended up folding and we went back to another IE team and things are great again. She is now once again a superstar on a team that actually wins in a good organization. Honestly it would have to be a perfect situation for me to consider playing in the SCV again. That's just my experience though. Catcherzrule is right the choppers are a great organization if you can find a Choppers team that needs her services I'd try that and see how you like it. I'm sure there are others worth trying too. Just make sure you find a good fit before you commit to leaving your current team cause the grass isn't always greener just cause it closer. :mrgreen:
CatcherDad99
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 00softballgirl00 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:18 pm

catcherzrule never said the Choppers were a great organization. catcherzrule only said they were based in Santa Clarita.

Sounds like a funny post to me..... :lol:

Maybe you are posting this whole topic ??? :o
00softballgirl00

by catcherzrule » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Like CatcherDad99 said...look for the right fit. There are folks wearing PGF National Championship rings, right now, who have had the same nasty things said about them (below)...but, they did something right, no?

"they took my money"
"they carry too many girls"
"my DD never got this or that"

So, with that said, find the right fit, it may be with the Choppers or it may not. Just do what's right for your kid.

PS: I drive 40 miles twice a week for practice, plus another 25 one way, twice a week for lessons...it is called TRAVEL ball ya know! ;)

Good luck.
catcherzrule

by CatcherDad99 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:59 pm

catcherzrule wrote:PS: I drive 40 miles twice a week for practice, plus another 25 one way, twice a week for lessons...it is called TRAVEL ball ya know! ;).

^^^
Amen...

I drive 80 miles to practice and 80 miles back but I'm crazy like that. Most coaches are very accommodating and we usually only show up to practice once a week. If your going like 2 to 3 times a week I'd ask the coach if you guys could work out at home on your own a bit. My DD is a work-a-holic when it comes to softball so we are working out a lot on our own.

Nice conspiracy theory 00. I think most parent feel wronged by some organization or coach at some point. Fact is I have no affiliation to any team in SCV or SFV but I look at what that team accomplishes and I can say yea they are pretty good. Are they right for everyone no.
CatcherDad99
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA