Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Best managed travel organization?

by Coach_Larry » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 am

Which Socal travel org. has the most progressive management? If you had young (10U-14U) team, and were looking to connect with an established group, who would you pick if the following qualities were most important to you?

1. professional, organizational management.
2. continuing education opportunities for coaches.
3. highest, most modern level softball training across all divisions.
4. most satisfied players, player loyalty, pride of membership.
5. management who are continually seeking to improve their own knowledge to the highest state of the art.
6. nicest uniforms
7. modern facilities

I left out the obvious showcasing and recruiting stuff, and added uniforms for fun.
Coach_Larry
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:25 am

8. Reasonable/justifiable affiliation fee.

Regarding uniforms...

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:17 pm

My vote would be the organization owner/manager that can successfully name all the teams in the organization! :lol:

If we are also including Team/Org name, I vote NY Bad Apples, love that!
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by msbdg1401 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Mizuno South Bay Diamond Girls.
msbdg1401
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FC2021 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:11 am

Answer this first, which ORG sends more girls to college? Answer that and then you know which org is the most "progressive" or best managed.
FC2021
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:08 am

FC2021 wrote:Answer this first, which ORG sends more girls to college? Answer that and then you know which org is the most "progressive" or best managed.

This is the best way to determine that. Check out CPI(college placement index) ranking.

Corona Angels have been ranked 1st since the pole started a few years back. Many other orgs ranked well and some surprises. Wins don't necessarily equal college placement. Navigate through each team and see who has gone where.

http://www.usclubrankings.com/fastpitch ... season-18u
tbjd33

by catcherzrule » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 am

Well, we know who FC2021 is voting for.... :lol:

Sending the most girls to college is relative considering your org has 250+ teams now. So, yes perhaps FC "wins," based on that. Now, if you want a real gauge, look at the % of girls who go to D-1 programs...then you bring in more orgs to the conversation.

Also, ask yourself a couple of other things...

1) would the head of the org take time to workout with a 10U team? (heck or even know that he/she has one?)
2) does the head of the org know the names of girls who are not on his/her own team, or the top 16's team?

;)
catcherzrule

by HI_FI_002 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:00 pm

My vote goes for:
CAL RAIDERS Phil Bruder
Everyone knows about the National Championships. With no support he still sign all his players.
HI_FI_002

by tbjd33 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:19 pm

HI_FI_002 wrote:My vote goes for:
CAL RAIDERS Phil Bruder
Everyone knows about the National Championships. With no support he still sign all his players.

Sorry Phil hasn't sent anyone to college in a while. Years ago yes but this isn't a retro tread.

What have you done for me lately?
tbjd33

by FC2021 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:02 pm

catcherzrule wrote:Well, we know who FC2021 is voting for.... :lol:

Sending the most girls to college is relative considering your org has 250+ teams now. So, yes perhaps FC "wins," based on that. Now, if you want a real gauge, look at the % of girls who go to D-1 programs...then you bring in more orgs to the conversation.

Also, ask yourself a couple of other things...

1) would the head of the org take time to workout with a 10U team? (heck or even know that he/she has one?)
2) does the head of the org know the names of girls who are not on his/her own team, or the top 16's team?

;)

Tony doesn't need to visit all his teams when he has Don Minard, Rob Weil, Jeff Blanco, Sean Brashear, Kim Ensey and now Gabe Guerra, just to name a few, keeping the machine going.

But with that said, OC Batbusters, Explosion, Choppers, So Cal A's, Corona Angels and many others do a great job getting kids to school. I don't care if its D1, D2, D3 or NAIA, if these orgs help these kids get to school, that a service that will benefit these kids and their families for a lifetime. We are all bucket brothers.
FC2021
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA