Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Elite players from the San Fernando Valley!!!!!

by tbjd33 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:42 pm

newbie101 wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:Well... I say all you 10u parents come back in 3 years and resume this tread.

Best thing anyone can do for a 9/10 year old is to work on skill and help increase their love of the game.

Elite travel is tough and cost $$ (driving, coaching fees, training, hotels, airplanes, camps, equipment and etc). None of it starts until 8th grade. Sorry about grad year not age... That's what matters people. No reason to overwork young DD's.

On the coaching side there are plenty of coaches in the greater SFV. True problem is there aren't coaches with COLLEGE coaching connections. None are Richardson, Stith, Tyson, Denio and so on. Gonna be a while before that changes as far as I can see. Too many dad coaches!

This has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I guess if you dont play for one of those coaches you will not get looked at by a college? Hmmm well how do you explain girls getting verballed from Choppers, Bownet, 3d , Pumas ect....

Another fact is alot of the girls playing for those teams verballed while playing for other teams. If your kid is good she will get seen. If the statement made by you were true there would be a lot scholarship money available as those teams only carry 18 to 20 girls & most of them are already verballed.

Newbie obviously you are biased... I don't mean to say anything negative concerning those coaches. I personally know many of those coaches and have talked to them about recruiting. My point is simple and comes from conversations with top coaches during my DD's recruiting. I don't know everything but I've been fortunate to be apart of some good stuff and I try to give insight. Take it or leave it!

I do want to address you comment of "if your add has talent she will be found!"... I say yes and no. Here it is, the names I mentioned (I would add Mercado and Brashear) have personal connection with coaches. They specifically request them to groom a catcher, ss, cf whom they believe has talent. They ask their opinions on other players. You see Top 25 coaches look for certain techniques, body type, character type. They trust these coaches to confirm these traits or deny. You see they trust because they only see a few games and/or a camp they see traits then confirm through coaches. There are only so many allowed recruiting days. Heck my DD has even hit with alumni from a few schools which have offered not officially on staff so they confirm what they see and report off the record. Coaches go to where information is trusted. Its about known quantities to help them make a choice. The right choice equates to winning and that creates job security. Especially when BIGTIME $$$ are on the table for
an offer.

So Newbie it's 50% talent and 50% who you are affiliated with to get to a top 25 even more so to get access to a perennial power. Of course if your DD hits the ball 250'+ or hits 65mph+ in 8th grade none of that is needed. Those are the few and far between. As of today those girls are already verbaled. So you right they do find the talent!
tbjd33

by Nicelag » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 am

I agree with the above. I asked some college recruiters I know when they started looking at girls for recruitment, and they all said the same thing. "It depends, but if someone like Tyson, Richardson, Stith etc call and say they have a player we should look at, we make the trip out regardless of age!"
Nicelag

Previous

Return to CA