Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Gabe Guerra Accepts a Position with Strike Force

by sofballin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:56 am

Gabe Guerra Accepts a Position with the Strike Force Softball Organization

Upon the conclusion of the 2009 ASA National Tournament, Gabe Guerra will immediately join forces with Jim Jensen and the Strike Force Softball Organization.

Jim's team will continue to operate out of the Temecula, CA area, while Gabe's team will remain in Orange County.

http://www.eteamz.com/VictoryUSA-Guerra
sofballin
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Will they be moving to 18 A or Gold or neither?

Their website says:

16U Victory USA
Soon to be
18 Gold
Strike Force Softball
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bugs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:40 pm

Who is Gabe Guerra, please enlighten.
bugs

by kingskid » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Why is he leaving Victory? And why become Strike force?? This one seems odd to me.....

Leave Victory for
Batbusters
Firecrackers
Cruisers
Athletics

and a few others but Strike Force.... hmmm
kingskid

by ATD » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Does that mean they have to drive 200 miles to practice now ? :lol:
Coming to a team near you...
ATD

by Boracho1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Actually it's a good fit, instead of losing a few players to each of the above mentioned teams, he's going to be able to move the whole 16u team up to 18 gold. He's a very good coach and has a great coaching staff. Looking forward to the fall season... :( after nationals of course ... :lol: :lol:
P.S. Victory web site says he's still staying local in Orange County
Boracho1

by kingskid » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:51 pm

How would moving to Strike Force Keep those guys from getting his girls. If Tony comes calling I am pretty sure everybody picks up....
Face it the big dogs are who they are like it or not been that way for a long time. S F is not a big dog as a matter of fact not sure if they are even a puppy.

I was just asking why take your team away from Victory to S F

LL/ Firecrackers (Arajo)
Team Anderson/ Firecrackers (Cordova)
OC Wildcats/ Cruisers (Phil)
OC Fury/ Athletics (Anderson)
Bomb Squad/ Choppers (Kim)
USA Athletics/ Case Batbusters (T bone)
Minors Gold/ OC Batbusters (Ray)

Victory/Strike Force does not make sense.
kingskid

by Boracho1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:18 pm

In 18's and up it's about the connections you have. Gabe has all the colege connections and works hard to get his girls looked at. All good organizations start somewhere and while I agree with you that if Tony came calling he has certainly earned the right to be heard because he's a great coach. Say your dd is the 16th player on that team, will she get the same looks at the showcases as say, someone who plays all the time? Gabe will be ok, he had a good reputation in Georgia with east cobb and is building a good one here, and he plays in the same showcases and tournaments all the big dogs do. His teams are always well prepared, my dd loves playing for him and is looking forward to continuing in fall. The organizations that you mentioned all have a common factor and that's good/great coaching.
Boracho1

by kingskid » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:23 pm

All that matters is you are happy. I do not know GG from the man in the moon but I wish him the best of luck.

In my oppinion yes it is better to be Tony Ricco's 16th than GG #1... T R role players go pac ten that is just the way it is.

Remember just because you get in the showcase does not mean you will be on the main fields or even within 25 miles of the complex. It is the good ol boys club we all know it. With Victory he had a in with Mr Hay. That is all I was saying not that Victory is such a great org just it at least gets you in. Not bad that M C wins every year also.

The best of luck to you and S F org.
kingskid

by gobruins » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:35 am

Welcome to the organization, looking forward to big things from your team.

Ronnie Matkins
Strike Force 95
gobruins

Next

Return to CA