Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

36 College Coaches...

by catcherzrule » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:38 am

Last night (10/16/14) at Grand Terrace high school I was fortunate to be a part of something that, to date, I had only heard of but never seen...like a Yettie! :shock:

36 D-1 college coaches all at one field, all eyes on a relatively small group of girls (about 45-50), and all with no hype or high-priced entry fee.

The fact that people "claim" that it's "all about the girls," and then sell them an expensive workout that may or may not have coaches in attendance is happening all too often. An event like last night's embodies the notion of "all about the girls" and what that SHOULD mean.

Kudos to Bret Denio and Greg Borzilleri for getting these coaches to attend. And thank you to all of those who helped with fields, hosted the snacks and beverages for the coaches, threw BP, hit infield or outfield. And, a big thank you to Coach Bobby Flores and Coach Will Ladero who hosted the amazing event.

:D
catcherzrule

by BB2830 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 pm

This is great stuff to hear. Having ponied up $250 for the "PGF Elite Camp" the week between the 14U/16U and 12U/18U PGF tournament as supposedly having a great expected college coach turnout only to realize there might have been 2 college coaches in attendance I can only wish we could have been part of this workout. Live and Learn, Live and Learn. What a joke that "PGF Elite Championship" camp was.
BB2830

by bigdog310 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Call it what it is Highway robbery these people think money grows on trees.
The last I checked and looked at a tree I didn’t see no money.
th.jpg
Show me $$$$$
th.jpg (2.23 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
bigdog310

Return to CA