Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Speaking of Santa Clarita

by Madmun » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Good luck to William S. Hart's 10U and 12U rec allstar teams that qualified for ASA "B" Nationals. GREAT JOB GIRLS! Have fun and enjoy the experience, you've earned it.
Madmun

by Demonboy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:26 pm

It's quite hard to qualify in rec ball. There aren't all these do overs if you bomb like there is in travel ball.

Great job Hart
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Madmun » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Update:

Hart's 10U Team won the ASA "B" Western National Championship going undefeated and the 12U team took 9th.

Great job girls!
Madmun

by artomatic » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Congrats!
and thanks Madmun for dredging up the painful memory of 2006 - 10U Western B Nationals in St Louis:
Hart beats my South Huntington Beach team in the final.....

Actually those are great memories and we had a blast.
Funny story, 3 of those Hart girls came down south and played for me in 2007-2008, Anderson Heat 12U.
Small world...

Also, congrats to this year's SHB 12u team for coming in 2nd place in their Western B's.
Lost to Bonita Valley in the final....of course...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hotwheels » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 pm

artomatic wrote:Congrats!
and thanks Madmun for dredging up the painful memory of 2006 - 10U Western B Nationals in St Louis:
Hart beats my South Huntington Beach team in the final.....

Actually those are great memories and we had a blast.
Funny story, 3 of those Hart girls came down south and played for me in 2007-2008, Anderson Heat 12U.
Small world...

Also, congrats to this year's SHB 12u team for coming in 2nd place in their Western B's.
Lost to Bonita Valley in the final....of course...

Everyone loses to them!
hotwheels

by sportzjunky » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Met Coach Darin Fitz on Monday. Looks like he'll have the next group of So Cal Bulldogs coming back... Great guy and a nice kid.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by artomatic » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:28 pm

hotwheels wrote:Everyone loses to them!

Not always!
that year, 2006, they beat us twice at states, including the final, then knocked us into the losers bracket in st louis....but we met them in the semi's, and in a great game, won 7-6!!!
but great league, and no one even comes close to them as far as all star success year after year...
ok, so that will spark another topic, where do those BV girls go from there...

that year, it was always us (SHB), Hart, and BV...at states, we beat Hart in the semi's, BV beat us in the final....in st louis, hart knocked BV into the losers bracket in the quarters, we beat BV in the semi's, then Hart beat us in the final...
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ice_67 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Yeah, Arto had a secret weapon, The Famous South Huntington Beach Yoddle. In St. Louis, we had nothing that could counter that yell. :lol:
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by hotwheels » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:36 pm

artomatic wrote:
hotwheels wrote:Everyone loses to them!

Not always!
that year, 2006, they beat us twice at states, including the final, then knocked us into the losers bracket in st louis....but we met them in the semi's, and in a great game, won 7-6!!!
but great league, and no one even comes close to them as far as all star success year after year...
ok, so that will spark another topic, where do those BV girls go from there...

that year, it was always us (SHB), Hart, and BV...at states, we beat Hart in the semi's, BV beat us in the final....in st louis, hart knocked BV into the losers bracket in the quarters, we beat BV in the semi's, then Hart beat us in the final...

I wondered that myself...If I'm not mistaken there are a couple travel teams from that area but they don't seem to do very well......Not sure if those teams are representative of Bonita Valley because I'm not totally familiar with the beautiful lower desert.....
hotwheels

by artomatic » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:47 pm

ice_67 wrote:Yeah, Arto had a secret weapon, The Famous South Huntington Beach Yoddle. In St. Louis, we had nothing that could counter that yell. :lol:

Yeah, our secret weapon was a mom who had the loudest, shrillest battlecry in the history of sports...we got lots of comments form the opponents, and I still run into people who remember that lady...
Here Ice, I will refresh your memory!
"GO BREAKERS!!!"
GO TEAM BREAKERS GO!!!"
but when she yelled it, it sounded more like:
"COCKADOODLEDOOOOOO!!!!"

although no one compared to the Rancho Trabuco mom who had a voice that was a cross between sandpaper and Marge Simpson's sisters....
Man, still makes the hair on my neck stand up remembering that voice...
"Chatter girls, chatter!"

HaHa, wow, this is like a trip down memory lane!
Ice's kid was on Rancho Bernardo, I forgot, another team that was always in the mix...

hotwheels wrote: wondered that myself...If I'm not mistaken there are a couple travel teams from that area but they don't seem to do very well......Not sure if those teams are representative of Bonita Valley because I'm not totally familiar with the beautiful lower desert.....

I remember talking with a BV coach back then, and he said they keep their girls in the league through 14's. I have seen a couple of those girls who have made the move to travel. They definitely could add to the travel talent pool down south if they chose to.
Last edited by artomatic on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA