Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Best '04 teams right now?

by luvfastpitch602 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:31 pm

From Az, I was really curious to see what California softball was about at the 10u level.( my first experience at any level) I was very impressed with the size and skill of many of the girls on all the teams i watched play and that our team played, specifically at the bat! Got to meet a few of the coaches and was treated with warm welcome. The teams i got to watch play could probably beat each other on any given Sunday! I didn't see one team that was In a class of their own. All the California teams were stacked with talent and the whole watered down comment earlier In The post, i just didn't see. Thanx for the experience and we hope to return soon and give it another run!
luvfastpitch602

by ONE FOR THE ROAD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Fastpitchdad1 wrote:It was a pretty good tournament! Not bad at all for the first one of 2015. There were a lot of talented young ladies out there playing hard and giving their best efforts!

Congrats to BB-Flores for taking the championship!

I was able to see a few of the games and I was very pleased with the level of play and talent on the fields!

All three
BB teams did great!
Flores took it all,
BB- Lujan gave a nice run and the players showed a lot of heart!
BB-Powell beat a pretty good Corona Angels team! Their #3 hitter hit a 3 run homerun over the fence the first inning! Corona Angels rallied a few times but came up short.

Corona Angels- they have a lot of athletes on defense, pretty solid pitching, nice sticks as well! They are for sure a team to watch out for.

OC Elite- Lots of heart, good defense.... I think they ride their #1 all the way! May need to pick additional pitching of to compete in future tournaments.

Overall congrats to all the players, coaches, parents on a fun softball weekend! Seems that it will be a very interesting spring!!

WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO SEE S.B. FIRECRACKERS AND MOST WANTED THERE.
ONE FOR THE ROAD

by PicklesnKoolaid » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Most Wanted had an absolute blast this fall, seeing a lot of good teams and getting their feet wet in terms of the travel experience. While we've presumed up until this point that a return to Rec Ball is inevitable, it's fair to say that we're still waiting for all of the dust to settle on this ASA rule change stuff. We've got a couple more friendlies lined up before the season, and I think we'll finally get to see Corona Angels and Pumas. Looking forward to that. Overall, such a fun time for the girls and their parents. Thanks for playing with us, much respect!

I thought LM Most Wanted was heading back to rec?
PicklesnKoolaid

by ONE FOR THE ROAD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:23 pm

PicklesnKoolaid wrote:
Most Wanted had an absolute blast this fall, seeing a lot of good teams and getting their feet wet in terms of the travel experience. While we've presumed up until this point that a return to Rec Ball is inevitable, it's fair to say that we're still waiting for all of the dust to settle on this ASA rule change stuff. We've got a couple more friendlies lined up before the season, and I think we'll finally get to see Corona Angels and Pumas. Looking forward to that. Overall, such a fun time for the girls and their parents. Thanks for playing with us, much respect!

NOT SURE WHY, TROPHY CHASING? :roll: NOT SURE WHY A TEAM THAT BEAT O.C ELITE,BATBUSTERS LUJAN,AND BATBUSTER POWELL TO WIN A TOURNAMENT WOULD GO BACK TO REC. I MIGHT BE WRONG SO PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM.
ONE FOR THE ROAD

by Fastpitchdad1 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:24 pm

luvfastpitch602 wrote:From Az, I was really curious to see what California softball was about at the 10u level.( my first experience at any level) I was very impressed with the size and skill of many of the girls on all the teams i watched play and that our team played, specifically at the bat! Got to meet a few of the coaches and was treated with warm welcome. The teams i got to watch play could probably beat each other on any given Sunday! I didn't see one team that was In a class of their own. All the California teams were stacked with talent and the whole watered down comment earlier In The post, i just didn't see. Thanx for the experience and we hope to return soon and give it another run!

Thank you for coming of our way to compete! It was great to have your AZ teams out here. I got to spoke with some of your parents and coaches and they were a very nice bunch! We hope hope to see more of your teams soon!
Fastpitchdad1

by Leftisright04 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:19 am

ONE FOR THE ROAD wrote:
PicklesnKoolaid wrote:

NOT SURE WHY, TROPHY CHASING? :roll: NOT SURE WHY A TEAM THAT BEAT O.C ELITE,BATBUSTERS LUJAN,AND BATBUSTER POWELL TO WIN A TOURNAMENT WOULD GO BACK TO REC. I MIGHT BE WRONG SO PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM.

Ah, ONE FOR THE ROAD! Always ready with a provocative or possibly inflammatory comment! Thank you for keeping this thread alive! The Most Wanted parents are well aware of the lurid siren call of travel ball, and those that have older daughters are well versed in the merits (and shortcomings) of that life. Those of us without the benefit of older daughters have leaned on the wisdom of those with experience, and while everyone has to make a decision about what is best for their daughters, the general understanding we've adopted is that we'd like to keep it fun for one more year. We've got a great group of girls, and the parents and coaches with older ones unanimously attest to the fact that they and their families have never had more fun than when they traveled for states and Nationals for All-Stars. Most of us haven't made it that far. So there is an air of unfinished business for these girls as well. They've been chasing this since 8U. This is likely to be the last year these girls will all play together before the travel monster breaks them up, and we're not in a rush to bring that about! We do have a good team, we've definietly proved it, and perhaps we'll catch you all, (and your anonymous teams) on the flip side.
Leftisright04

by catcherzrule » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:34 am

Leftisright04...

WELL SAID (I used all CAPS like ONE FOR THE ROAD...) :lol:

I have a DD who plays for a well-respected 18 Gold team, so I know what lies ahead for your younger DD as well as mine. If you want to keep your girls together and allow them to have fun and play the sport they love...more power to you! I have seen your team play, and know one of your players. They are a very solid team...travel ball or no travel ball. :)

Good luck to you and your team.
catcherzrule

by Leftisright04 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:35 pm

catcherzrule wrote:Leftisright04...

WELL SAID (I used all CAPS like ONE FOR THE ROAD...) :lol:

I have a DD who plays for a well-respected 18 Gold team, so I know what lies ahead for your younger DD as well as mine. If you want to keep your girls together and allow them to have fun and play the sport they love...more power to you! I have seen your team play, and know one of your players. They are a very solid team...travel ball or no travel ball. :)

Good luck to you and your team.

Thank you for the kind words, Catcherzrule! Is there some secret hand signal that you could flash next time we happen to be at the same friendly, just in passing, so that I know I'm not being elaborately manipulated by a bunch of spambots on this post?!?! If not, I understand. In the great hereafter, I expect to find, along with a fine craft brew and a pipe full of Bilbo Baggins' finest Longbottom Leaf, a comprehensive list of all the HB users, cross-referenced with their team affiliations and secondary and tertiary usernames that they use for posing questions about their DD's recent tournament, so that they can answer themselves. Cheers to you, and best of luck to your DD's in their varied pursuits!
Leftisright04

by B34R DOWN » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Saw a few of these teams this weekend... LM Most Wanted looked good, So Cal A's - Garica was legit, and the Corona Angels were very good too... Over all I was impressed with the level of play at the 10U level... This speaks volumes for what the Rec leagues are producing and what lies ahead for So Cal TB in general...
B34R DOWN

Previous

Return to CA