Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Need a fielding coach

by BAM2 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:07 am

Sean Brashere in Chino
Tony Medina Out of the South Bay
Jorge Araujo out of the Cerritos Area- Personal Fav....
Haven't been to An AFT....but I like Jeff. Heard tons of rumors, but has always been on the up and up with my
Family.

No one does these for free. Just make sure you get plenty of reps where you go, and make sure that corrections to fundamentals are being made. Footwork, throwing and receiving angles, as well as fielding positions. If you get all these, and enjoy it, shouldn't matter who you give your money to, now depending how much money, could be a different issue :o :o
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by faster » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:35 am

just curious wrote:
Michael Hinojos wrote: Looking for a great fielding coach with credentials in the chino, ca area. .

Donnie wrote:AFT......Advanced Fastpitch Training.com

he asked for a great coach with credentials. not someone to take his money. isnt aft blancos money suck?
dont expect any hands on demonstarting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why such a negative opinion? Do you have direct experience? if so please share......if not then why post shit you arent directly familiar with....

Im thinking there are some good coaches named in this thread, all of which can help many kids improve their game undoubtedly. Its up to each to do their research and find the right fit for their daughter.

But part of that research should include a look at what the coach has been able to accomplish, for Blanco he had 4 teams play in premier last year.....thats a pretty good indication of what youre going to get.....most teams just get to watch this tourney....
faster
Premium Member
Premium Member

by extiger » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:30 am

4 teams in PGF!!!

He lures coaches to merge with him then he steals their best players and calls them "Team Blanco."

This is a fact

faster wrote:
just curious wrote:
Michael Hinojos wrote: Looking for a great fielding coach with credentials in the chino, ca area. .

he asked for a great coach with credentials. not someone to take his money. isnt aft blancos money suck?

Why such a negative opinion? Do you have direct experience? if so please share......if not then why post shit you arent directly familiar with....

Im thinking there are some good coaches named in this thread, all of which can help many kids improve their game undoubtedly. Its up to each to do their research and find the right fit for their daughter.

But part of that research should include a look at what the coach has been able to accomplish, for Blanco he had 4 teams play in premier last year.....thats a pretty good indication of what youre going to get.....most teams just get to watch this tourney....
extiger
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 9er » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:57 am

Tony Medina also runs a clinic in West Covina.
9er
Premium Member
Premium Member

by faster » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:12 am

extiger wrote:4 teams in PGF!!!

He lures coaches to merge with him then he steals their best players and calls them "Team Blanco."

This is a fact

faster wrote:
just curious wrote:

4 Teams in Premier!!

and I'm not even sure how your response applies to the topic.....he asked for a good fielding coach.

There are many teams that merge all over the country and it seems thats the trend..besides if the girls didn't think they had a better chance at winning they wouldn't leave in the first place
faster
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Donnie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:31 pm

Some of you people crack me up with the bashing of others from behind your screen names. Calling things fact that are far from the truth. The 4 teams that EARNED their berths to Premier last season and not given anything were all teams that were made up of players who attended our try-outs and were directly coached under Jeff and his staff. Not kids who were Quote lured over or teams that were lured over to go under the Blanco name. The 12u team practiced every week with us and directly after their practice we practiced with the 3 older teams. So to come on here and question his coaching ability is just asinine. I for one have coached with Jorge Araujo, Ken Lahners and Jeff over my 6 years in the org. And have learned a bunch from all of them. As far as the AFT program goes, well if you come to even one of our weekly workouts you would see the benefit that each kid receives. Be the judge yourself. It doesn't cost a dime to come watch what it is coach Blanco is doing to make AFT a very good bang for your buck. Don't trust me or anyone else's opinion just come and see for yourself.
Be The Hunter
Donnie
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Donnie you were the one who recommended AFT. When another poster suggested Blanco didn't have the "credentials" needed, that's their opinion. Sounds like you're involved in the AFT practice yourself. :o I have no first hand knowledge of Blanco's credentials so it wouldn't be fair for me to say he doesn't qualify as an elite instructor. However, I haven't seen any prior MLB or college playing experience posted on his AFT website, nor has it mentioned he coached in college. Those are examples of real credentials. He very well could be a great man and even a great coach, but to suggest he has the credentials to be an elite fielding coach primarily because he won a PGF title is a bit of a stretch. If he has played at a high level or coached at the college level than there shouldn't be any doubt. On the other hand, if dad's who have just learned from other "great" coaches are helping run the clinics than it's definitely not legitiment. Knowledge comes from doing. If you haven't done it yourself, how in the world can you teach it properly, because you the instructor have no first hand knowledge of what is being taught. I would like to add that I've never heard anything negative from any parents I know regarding Jeff Blanco or AFT. I'm just giving my opinion on credentials..
fontana10!

by just curious » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Donnie wrote:Some of you people crack me up with the bashing of others from behind your screen names. Calling things fact that are far from the truth. The 4 teams that EARNED their berths to Premier last season and not given anything were all teams that were made up of players who attended our try-outs and were directly coached under Jeff and his staff. Not kids who were Quote lured over or teams that were lured over to go under the Blanco name. The 12u team practiced every week with us and directly after their practice we practiced with the 3 older teams. So to come on here and question his coaching ability is just asinine. I for one have coached with Jorge Araujo, Ken Lahners and Jeff over my 6 years in the org. And have learned a bunch from all of them. As far as the AFT program goes, well if you come to even one of our weekly workouts you would see the benefit that each kid receives. Be the judge yourself. It doesn't cost a dime to come watch what it is coach Blanco is doing to make AFT a very good bang for your buck. Don't trust me or anyone else's opinion just come and see for yourself.

So because you carry his jock and possibly even profit from AFT your posts are gospel and other people that have known bankroll for maybe longer than you don't know what they are talking about and are just bashing him. Riiiighht.
Wake and Bake
just curious

by Donnie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 am

Again as I stated in my last post........Come out and see a workout and decide for yourself. I didn't say anything about what I say is gospal. Thats you just being argumentative for what reason I have no idea. Again why people want to hate on others is beyond me. I guess the kids saying is spot on.....Haters gonna Hate!! hahahaha. And lastly I am a grown man and don't carry anyones jock. God forbid people make a profit running a business. The last I checked thats the way the world works!
Be The Hunter
Donnie
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:11 pm

*Disclaimer*
So I dont look like a weenie and just delete my post...
Wrong Donnie...I dont know that Donnie*

Yall argue ya asses off ;)
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA