Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Need a fielding coach

by Michael Hinojos » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:49 am

Good morning !!! Looking for a great fielding coach with credentials in the chino, ca area. Can someone please help!!!! Thank you.
Michael Hinojos

by Donnie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:22 am

AFT......Advanced Fastpitch Training.com
Be The Hunter
Donnie
Premium Member
Premium Member

by just curious » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Michael Hinojos wrote: Looking for a great fielding coach with credentials in the chino, ca area. .

Donnie wrote:AFT......Advanced Fastpitch Training.com

he asked for a great coach with credentials. not someone to take his money. isnt aft blancos money suck?
dont expect any hands on demonstarting. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wake and Bake
just curious

by fontana10! » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Tony Medina is a great infield coach. Look up Medina Softball Clinics. I have no connection to him other than my daugther going to some of his weekly clinics. You won't be dissappointed.
fontana10!

by Donnie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:33 am

Hey Just Curious, if you don't know what your talking about then keep your comments to yourself. I was merely trying to answer a question someone asked.. Coach Blanco has the credentials as his national championship team as well as top 3 at Premier may show. If you haven't been to an AFT workout and seen the work put in by everyone then why bash someone? I wish hey bucket would just go to everyone using their own names instead of the way it is now. Then maybe people would spend more time being productive rather than the alternative. The whole money grab seems funny as I don't know any instructors doing lessons for free!
Be The Hunter
Donnie
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:58 am

Donnie wrote:Hey Just Curious, if you don't know what your talking about then keep your comments to yourself. I was merely trying to answer a question someone asked.. Coach Blanco has the credentials as his national championship team as well as top 3 at Premier may show. If you haven't been to an AFT workout and seen the work put in by everyone then why bash someone? I wish hey bucket would just go to everyone using their own names instead of the way it is now. Then maybe people would spend more time being productive rather than the alternative. The whole money grab seems funny as I don't know any instructors doing lessons for free!

Amen, Donnie!

That's why I have published my name here on more than one occasion.

- Jeff Smith
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:08 pm

My advice would be, if the instructor can't properly demonstrate the drills himself/herself look elsewhere. You don't go to a park and ask a bum how to get rich. I do think it's a bit funny that all because someone wins a PGF Championship they're all of a sudden an elite fielding/hitting instructor. Not to take anything away from them, but most of the players on those teams are elite athletes who have had years of instruction prior to being placed on the team. If you haven't played at a high level yourself, then how do you know what it takes? There are several coaches who haven't won PGF that have real first hand knowledge of the game. So in conclusion, all because a coach has won a championship doesn't mean they're good instructors.
fontana10!

by bigbats » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Sean Brashear runs a great infield class out of Chino on Tuesdays. You can read about or get more info online. http://www.leaguelineup.com/forms.asp?u ... =257382797

If you are willing to travel outside of Chino, there are also many other options, but Sean is very good and highly recommended.
bigbats
Premium Member
Premium Member

by just curious » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Donnie wrote:Hey Just Curious, if you don't know what your talking about then keep your comments to yourself. I was merely trying to answer a question someone asked.. Coach Blanco has the credentials as his national championship team as well as top 3 at Premier may show. If you haven't been to an AFT workout and seen the work put in by everyone then why bash someone? I wish hey bucket would just go to everyone using their own names instead of the way it is now. Then maybe people would spend more time being productive rather than the alternative. The whole money grab seems funny as I don't know any instructors doing lessons for free!

Just calling a spade a spade donnie ole boy. bankroll has one of the worst reputations in the sport for stealing money from his teams and taking credit for kids getting recruited that he had nothing to do with. Not saying people should work for free but they should be selling more than snake oil and promises. Coaches shouldn't t make a living off of their parents.
Just feel newbies should know what they are getting into.
Sorry that you have decided to hang your hat with him.
Wake and Bake
just curious

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:02 pm

just curious wrote:

Just calling a spade a spade donnie ole boy. bankroll has one of the worst reputations in the sport for stealing money from his teams and taking credit for kids getting recruited that he had nothing to do with. Not saying people should work for free but they should be selling more than snake oil and promises. Coaches shouldn't t make a living off of their parents.
Just feel newbies should know what they are getting into.
Sorry that you have decided to hang your hat with him.

Even if what you say is true (and I have heard rumors that seem to indicate that they could well be), that doesn't change the possibility that this particular service is worthwhile.

I have known Donnie long enough to trust his opinion on matters like these.

Oh...and your name is? :lol:

EDIT: I need my eyes checked as I thought this was DonnieS. At any rate, I stand behind my assertion that the alleged background of the Coach, he may still be a good fielding coach. Do your research and make your choice based on that research.

Second EDIT: And don't hide behind a screen name and bash. I made that mistake when I first came on here and I still regret it.
Last edited by fastpitchdad05 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA