Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

WHO IS YOUR TOP PICK TO WIN 12U NATIONALS & WESTERN NATIONAL

by RaeRae56 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:21 am

Remember... the old saying "anyone can get hot and win" is truly wishful thinking...

sure, any team can win on a given day and there will be some upsets for sure... but if a team is going to win the whole thing... they will have to have strong pitching, timely hitting, good coaching, depth and possibly a little luck (probably in that order)...

The best team of the week will work themselves thru a bad draw if need be... During the draw, you will have 4 teams or so not giving a damn where they fall and the rest crossing their fingers and toes... because the good teams know they can withstand it... no one is going to make it thru the week without beating a big boy at some point...

so, when it comes down to it... there are probably only 8 teams (probably less) who have it ALL to sustain a real run through the tournament... without knowing who those teams are, it is safe to say the champion will come out of those teams you all are mentioning...
RaeRae56

by slideby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:43 pm

I would agree with you and on that note I would rule out Bomb Squad ,one good pitcher,a so so
defense and only one not very good coach!!!!
Hmmmmmm last time I checked you needed 2 or 3 good pitchers,a well coached defense behind
and at least 3 good coaches to even be in the race.
JMO :roll:
slideby

by hs dad » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Brackets should be out soon then we can edumacated guesses
the odds of picking the winner is probably close to lottery odds(I have never won)
The other teams could make trouble for us if they win...
hs dad

by pitcher97mom » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Updated 12U Westerns list:
American Pastime OntarioCA
Bomb Squad 97 OrangeCA
CA Breeze '97 Elk Grove CA
CA Thunder Hacienda Heights CA
Cal Haze Sonoma CA
Central California Krush Visalia CA
Clovis Rockets - Diaz Clovis CA
Clovis Rockets - Johnson Clovis CA
Davis Lady Demons Davis CA
Foothill Gold Shingle Springs CA
Fresno Wild Fresno CA
Guerrero's Outlawz Visalia CA
Hollister Heat Hollister CA
Las Cruces Rebels Las Cruces NM
Livermore Xtreme Livermore CA
Madera N-Forcers Madera CA
Minors Gold '97 Menifee CA
Mize Diamonds San Jose CA
Mizuno All American- Curtan Roseville CA
Mystic '96 San Diego CA
Nor Cal Smackers San Rafael CA
OC Elite Mission Viejo CA
Orange County Batbusters Orange County CA
Po'okela Mililani HI
Rocklin Hype - Mudd Rocklin CA
Rocklin Hype - Murchison Rocklin CA
San Diego Power Surge '97 Imperial Beach CA
San Diego Stokes San Diego CA
San Jose Lady Sharks San Jose CA
San Jose Renegades San Jose CA
So Cal Heaters Norco CA
So Cal Justice Garden Grove CA
So Cal Wicked Pico Rivera CA
Something Special Camas WA
Strikkers Milpitas CA
Sudden Impact Federal Way WA
Team Arizona Glendale AZ
Team Smith 97 Chino Hills CA
The Next Level Encinitas CA
Tracy Titans Tracy CA
Valley Stompers Danville CA
West Bay Nuggets San Carlos CA

42 teams now entered. Still a couple of days left for entries...Good luck to everyone. This is gonna be fun!
pitcher97mom
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bracketologist » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:16 pm

slideby wrote:I would agree with you and on that note I would rule out Bomb Squad ...
Hmmmmmm last time I checked you needed 2 or 3 good pitchers.....
JMO :roll:

You really only need 1 very good pitcher if you stay in the winners bracket. Even with 88 teams at Nationals ... that is only 5-6 winner bracket wins to win the tourney. The way Nationals is structured you only play two games a day (max is three and this can only happen one time) and because of the size of the field these games will be at separated by at least a min. 4 hours.

Most of the past champions have given up fewer then 8 runs for the entire tournament. Bomb Squad has a fighters chance, but its' down fall will most likely be a lack of offensive not bad pitching, defensive or coaching.. imo!
bracketologist

by RaeRae56 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:36 pm

i totally agree with you Brack... With the tournament stretched out over a week... You only need one very strong pitcher and maybe one or two others to mop up the messes during the blowout wins that surely come your way if youre a top team...

i will disagree though that you only need 5 or 6 games... i believe that number is closer to 8
RaeRae56

by bracketologist » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:33 am

RaeRae56 wrote:i totally agree with you Brack... With the tournament stretched out over a week... You only need one very strong pitcher and maybe one or two others to mop up the messes during the blowout wins that surely come your way if youre a top team...

i will disagree though that you only need 5 or 6 games... i believe that number is closer to 8

RaeRae56, Once again you are correct - with 83 teams at 14u Nationals last year it took Lakewood Ladies 8 games to win. It would have taken Victory only 7 wins - if they would have stayed in the winner's bracket, because unlike Lakewood they did not have a "play in game". Lakewood never had to play 3 games in one day.
bracketologist

by Under the Radar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:43 am

Question? Does Pool play count this year? It says on the information sheet that there is a DRAW into Elemination Bracket Tues. 7:30 PM 7/28?????
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slideby » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:29 am

there is a sperate draw done after pool play ends
slideby

by PDad » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 am

Under the Radar wrote:Question? Does Pool play count this year? It says on the information sheet that there is a DRAW into Elemination Bracket Tues. 7:30 PM 7/28?????

Word is the pool play games count this year. The second draw might be broken down by pool play finish and done so teams can't throw games in pool play to get a more favorable bracket spot.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA