Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Diamonds Softball 14u

by frednorris » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Sorry if this dumb question but I am new to this message board thing. Has anyone heard anything about DIAMONDS SOFTBALL14u? Are they related to the 18u. My daughter is looking for a new team. Her current team good but with living in Temecula and traveling to Chino twice a week is difficult and expensive. We could spend that money on private lessons and play with a local team. I work with one of the Dads on the team and it sounded promising. it hard to tell anything about a team at a tryout, everyone is on their best behavior We left our last team over with what I call “Drama MOMA’S” and we don’t want to start that over again. She just wants to earn a spot and play ball. Love to hear anything good or bad.
frednorris

by frednorris » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 pm

I totally agree I am just trying to do alittle homework before commiting to a team.
frednorris

by catch12 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Yes, the 14U and 18U are the same organization. There is also a Diamond's 96 team which my daughter plays on. This is our first year in travel ball and we had many of the same concerns as yourself when finding a team. This year with the Diamond's has been a very positive experience for my daughter. The coaching staff does a good job of getting the girls equal playing time, no "Daddy Ball". We have a good group of kids and parents. Come see for yourselves.
catch12

by iamafan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:15 am

Our daughter is on the 96 team and it has been a tremedously positive experience. She has improved overall very quickly since joining this team. The coaches have lots of fastpitch experience and know how to teach it. It's a no drama organization with great kids and parents. It's all about the girls as it should be. No screaming, belittling or daddy ball.

We are glad we took the plunge and our daughter is having fun, getting playing time and learning, which at her age is so important. Ride the pine with a big name organization and a 15-16 player roster or get playing time and be ready when it counts. No brainer choice for us. Good luck to you and your daughter!
iamafan

by frednorris » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 pm

What about the coaches? Experience etc.
frednorris

by suicidesqueeze » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Look in to the Fury Program out of Murrieta. Saw them at a 16u Tournament and they played very well. I was told they were an all 95 team. Good Luck..
suicidesqueeze

by jpc4bigd » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Do the Diamonds have a web site or email address?
I like the part about no daddy ball. Thanks
jpc4bigd

by frednorris » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm

I hear they have three teams and and the coach has three daughters? Makes you wonder.
frednorris

by iamafan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Here is the link to 12U website, older division site under construction.

http://www.eteamz.com/diamondssocal12u/

As for making you wonder Fred, do your homework and don't assume anything. Don't be lazy and rely on other peoples opinions (especially those posted on this forum) your daughter is worth your time and effort. There is a lot of crap out here in travelland and the grass isn't always greener...just saying
iamafan

by outlaw1 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:21 am

Fred
My name is Mike Tarin and I am the head coach for the So Cal Lady Outlaws 14U team. We are based out of the Murrieta/Temecula region. We could be another local option for you. Come check us out.....

http://www.eteamz.com/LadyOutlaws14U/
outlaw1

Next

Return to CA