Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

The Next Lawyer

by SkidMarks » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:46 pm

If I'm TNL, we fire the Board, change the name and start over from scratch as of January 1, 2010. You've got to put as much distance between this mess and your core group as possible. The perception that you have let a predator, right or wrong, into your 'circle of trust', will not be forgotten.

SM
SkidMarks

by H.P.S.D » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:09 pm

The sad thing is that the word on the streets is he started the great organization, and the rumors are he was the same back then when tnl was in its first stages.
H.P.S.D

by SkidMarks » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:16 pm

heretostay wrote:
SkidMarks wrote:If I'm TNL, we fire the Board, change the name and start over from scratch as of January 1, 2010. You've got to put as much distance between this mess and your core group as possible. The perception that you have let a predator, right or wrong, into your 'circle of trust', will not be forgotten.

SM

Do you know the entire story, the board just removed him. He was not proven guilty last time so how do they boot him. To many people are shooting off their mouth when they have no clue what is going on. They had enough info this time to send him walking and now we should all let them move on. Unless you walk in their shoes you would have no clue what you would do.

So, we should give 'the board' a pass for their error in judgment the first time around and applaud them for getting it right this time?

I ask you this, would you allow your DD to play for TNL right now?

SM
SkidMarks

by anonlooker » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:33 pm

jefe wrote:How is anyone surprised? Everyone knew this guy was dirty except the backers who now have to live with that decision and be thankful it wasnt thier daughter. If there is even a hint of something along these line I donot get how people can just roll with it. tough lesson to learn at the potetial expense of your kid.

This is what is so hard to believe, because it was their daughters put at risk, in many cases knowingly (after last years fiasco). What bargain could they have prossibly struck to put their children in harms way?

Unfathomable, even more so considering many of these parents will now entrust their daughters to the same group that ignored all the warning signs. These are the same people who slandered his past accuser, created an "us against the world" mentality within the organization, and knowingly jeopardized the well being of their players. Why would any parent want their child around "leadership" that has demonstrated such poor character, and even worse judgment. Because they are good coaches? Really? What kind of coaches allow this to happen? Repeatedly.

If the safety of the kids is paramount, the prudent response would be to remove their children as far as possible from that unhealthy environment, and obtain restraining orders to dissuade further contact. And even with that, will they really be safe? Maybe, maybe not, but you can't do nothing. You can't buy into the same old hollow "We are TNL" party line. How could you?

The situation is indefensible. These young ladies have suffered enough. Don't subject them to the stigma forever attached to the TNL name. They are still children. Good kids. Precious. And impressionable. They deserve better.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Play ball » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:37 am

heretostay wrote:
SkidMarks wrote:If I'm TNL, we fire the Board, change the name and start over from scratch as of January 1, 2010. You've got to put as much distance between this mess and your core group as possible. The perception that you have let a predator, right or wrong, into your 'circle of trust', will not be forgotten.

SM

Do you know the entire story, the board just removed him. He was not proven guilty last time so how do they boot him. To many people are shooting off their mouth when they have no clue what is going on. They had enough info this time to send him walking and now we should all let them move on. Unless you walk in their shoes you would have no clue what you would do.

UH....HELLLOOO, isn't this the attitude that got them to where they are now...DUH! Think about it, as bad as the charges were last time...and they did nothing! He was still at the games even while the trial was going on. Not yet proven guilty BUT NOT YET PROVEN INOCENT EITHER :!: :!: Am I making this clear enough for ya :roll: Think about something else, what did he finally have to do to get fired????
Play ball

by janicerocks » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:48 am

From reliable source - the board isnt talking right now on the advice of their attorney because the coach has threatened to sue! Last year's incident resulted in suspension for the coach. He showed up places anyway as a public spectator. Pressure was intense on the board that he was innocent, board had to rely on jury. Carlsbad police did not do a good job with the case and the jury was hung. Judge dismissed charges. Board has no choice but to allow him to come back. He controls the minds of many in "his" organization. Many believed he was innocent. Some stuck around to keep an eye on him. Last week 5 or 6 girls came forward with information. Sexual test messages, propositions, sexual conversations, etc. I hear no actual sex this time but not for lack of effort. Board hears and sees evidence and terminates coach immediately. Coach is now on campaign. He is trashing the board, trashing the girls who came forward, making up viscious lies about them, emailing and calling people in the organization to get them to his side and lying, lying, lying. Some parents and players believe him and may leave, some want him back. It's hard to believe but true. Board is standing firm. Girls who came forward are being attacked and lied about. Board is being attacked and lied about. Whole thing is a devestating mess and they could use some support. Some think he will start another team and take some of his players. He is a very cunning individual..knows what to say and how to say it. Some people are weak and want to believe. Others see the truth now. Board is no longer giving him benefit of doubt. Fool me once.... Girls need support. They love each other and want to stay together but he is making it difficult for them. Trying to turn them against each other. That is all I was asked to say.........
janicerocks

by Make_It_Happen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:21 am

The reason TNL is in this position now, is because the organization did not make a strong enough stand and did not put an ethics code in place as soon as this situation became public. The idea that coaches should have close, personal relationships with their players is exactly why it is possible for a guy like Facione to establish a relationship with a teenage girl where he can make inappropriate advancements towards her. By emphasizing over and over that TNL is a family and stands together as a family, they are telling their players that it is OK for an adult coach to be too familiar with them. They are breaking down the barriors that would have protected the girls from Facione in the first place.

In our organization, coaches don't call or text players personally. Coaches don't meet with players privately away from the field. Coaches don't invite players into their hotel rooms or over to their houses. It isn't allowed and everyone knows it. It isn't because we aren't caring people and because we don't understand how difficult it can be for a teenage girl to deal with certain situations. It is because we all know it isn't right and it isn't allowed.

TNL must take responsibility for their part in the situation. If the board and remaining coaches are so naive as to think they are just victims of this guy, then they don't deserve to be trusted with the organization. Disband his business and start over somewhere else. Why would that be so difficult? They wouldn't have uniforms and a name? Who would want to wear that uniform with that name on it? Why the huge pressure to stay together and chant the mantra "We are TNL"? Facione is The Next Level Athletics. He started it, it is his business. If the board can't legally get rid of him, they can surely all walk away and stand on their own. Let him have it. Quit supporting that name and quit paying him to do what he does.
Make_It_Happen

by Surehitter » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:23 am

:oops: This whole organization - the board, the other coach's, the parents who stood beside or behind this guy are just as guilty as he this scum bag for the last incident. I remember when the other parents and victims were railroaded out and treated like dirt the first time around. For the girls sake get real ! pull your heads out of the sand ! and leave this organization no matter what the excuse could be to stay.
Surehitter

by Demonboy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:02 am

d-fense wrote:Apparently you missed the above post where it states the coach in question has been totally removed from the organization??? If the coach was not removed and totally gone, I don't think ANY parent would let their daughter play there right now!! Give those parents some credit. I'm sure this is a very very tough and confusing situation.

Is it just me or are these TNL Stepford parents kinda creepy?
Last edited by Demonboy on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:06 am

It seems to me that the best action at this point is for the softball community to do everything in their individual and collective power to rid our community of this coach. He should not be allowed anywhere near kids. When he is seen at fields, a scene should be made that makes it very, very clear who he is, what he has done and that he is not welcome. Maybe at some point, even current/prospective/future TNL parents will decide that whatever they think this guy can do for their kid's softball "career" is a slightly lower priority than keeping their daughters away from an adult like him. JMO.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA