Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

The Next Lawyer

by The preacher » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Before tnl gets the support its demanding, it needs to apologize to the softball community because it was tnl who decided to be on the defensive here and become a critic of the softball community and not only that, they also were hypocripts toward the victim or victims. I do believe everyone deserves a second chance and it was given to them with the benefit of the doubt, that being that they allowed this individual to be at friendlies and tournaments putting in danger everyones daughters including theirs and they cannot deny that. My honest opinio is that tnl change its name so that it can move on and not be assoiciated with a name that will be tarnish for ever because no matter what it will always put red flags on parents from this day on. Mathew 7:7 - 10 and Mathews 7:15 - 20 are good passages to read if you believe

ps: playing time and nationals are important but more are the girls dignities.
The preacher

by SSdad » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Isn't TNL more than a softball org.? I heard it's similar to a YMCA where they have all different sports available. Is that true?

If so, I sure hope he doesn't decide to switch to soccer or volleyball and somehow all is forgotten
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by SkidMarks » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:03 pm

The preacher wrote:Before tnl gets the support its demanding, it needs to apologize to the softball community because it was tnl who decided to be on the defensive here and become a critic of the softball community and not only that, they also were hypocripts toward the victim or victims. I do believe everyone deserves a second chance and it was given to them with the benefit of the doubt, that being that they allowed this individual to be at friendlies and tournaments putting in danger everyones daughters including theirs and they cannot deny that. My honest opinio is that tnl change its name so that it can move on and not be assoiciated with a name that will be tarnish for ever because no matter what it will always put red flags on parents from this day on. Mathew 7:7 - 10 and Mathews 7:15 - 20 are good passages to read if you believe

ps: playing time and nationals are important but more are the girls dignities.

For being a man of the cloth, the good lord sure didn't bless you with the writing skill of a second grader.

God Bless...

SM
SkidMarks

by The preacher » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:14 pm

skidmarks, I do agree and thats why you will never see me competing on "whos smarter than a fitht grader" lol
The preacher

by SoCalASABlue » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:14 pm

I sure hope that college coaches in the San Diego area are up to speed with local travel ball situations, because TNL was one of the organizations recently recommended for my daughter at UCSD's all ages softball camp. This is not the first time TNL has been recommended to me for my daughter. She tried out earlier this year with another local travel ball team, after which the manager recommended us going to TNL...curiously he did not mention anything about the previous TNL issues at the time. Luckily I did an internet search before making any contact with TNL and saw the previous stories. There may have been a hung jury, but those kinds of charges do not go to trial at all without some pretty damaging evidence.

Hopefully the girls that have been abused - and it is abuse, regardless of whether the dirtbag ever touched them - will find peace and closure. Hopefully the parents who decided the organization was more important than their daughters health and welfare will be able to look those same daughters in the eyes and find forgiveness.
SoCalASABlue

by Play ball » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:58 pm

The FBI Crimes Against Children unit would very much like to investigate this case. If you are a player, parent, board member, or other individual with knowledge of the facts in this matter, please make our community safer for everyone by contacting the FBI field office in San Diego immediately:

Keith Slotter
Special Agent in Charge
9797 Aero Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone: (858) 565-1255

janicerocks, you came on here speaking for the organization. Please convey the above to all the players and parents in the organization. Dealing with this situation is not as difficult as some of you may think. Please, do this now, not only for the sake of our children, but for the protection and safety of those most at risk - your own daughters.[/quote]

If the people with TNL REALLY want to do something this time, start rebuilding your credibility and PLEASE contact the FBI with everything you know. It's time for you to STEP UP...for everyones sake!
Play ball

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Sorry for the following, perhaps self righteous sermon, but this is stuff I feel strongly about:

I've seen soooo many parents treat youth sports like it is different from every other context that their children are found in. I don't for the life of me see why. Parents allow other adults to treat their kids in ways they would never stand for in any other situation. A specific example to clarify: I watched a kid in a game try to bunt a runner over, foul off two pitches and then hit a weak grounder. While the kid ran the ball out, the third base coach screamed across the infield at her "THAT IS WHY YOU WILL NEVER BAT SECOND FOR ME! BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BUNT! THAT IS WHY YOU WILL NEVER BAT SECOND!" and on and on. This is an extremely well known coach on one of the highest profile teams in the nation. Why does this idiot get away with publicly humiliating kids? Because so many parents, like the TNL parents, treat youth sports differently than, say things so much less important like education. How many people would be up the principal's arse the next day if they watched their kid make a mistake in a spelling bee at school and had a teacher scream at them the way the aforementioned coach did?

Relating back to the particular incident in this thread: Have people not yet learned that predators, adulterers, crooks, etc. can be highly regarded, highly respected people? Haven't there been enough priests, politicians, pro athletes and folks from every walk of life that have been revealed as people no one wants their kid around or looking up to? But this CF scumbag was such a great guy who could further a kid's "softball career" so he deserves loyalty and the benefit of the doubt. I, for one, am not buying this any more or less than I am the attitude in the previous paragraph. I can't help but remember a very similar situation about 5 years ago involving a well-liked, well respected coach for the San Diego Surf Soccer Club. I believe people actually continued to send their kids to him for lessons after he was convicted and got out of jail. He was subsequently sent back and did more time for violating the terms of his parole.

Personally, I have no interest in any apologies. I don't believe I am owed one. At the same time, I'm real tired of the Mark McGwire act. Folks F***ed up. Man up and cut the "moving on" crap. Everyone wants to move on when they've screwed up. And the lame "sorry I'm/we're not perfect like you" is a transparent, pathetic attempt to deflect blame.

Three related first hand experiences:

1. My kid had a friend who was on a track club that she recommended and my kid decided to join. The coach, "Smitty", came to our house, sat on our couch and signed her up. Very nice older guy, very enthusiastic, blah blah blah. My kid lost interest after a short time and quit. A while later, we read about "Smitty" being convicted of improperly touching young girls during warm ups. He was put away, expelled from the track association and is now a registered sex offender.

2. My kid was thinking about joining a team in a fairly well known softball organization. She guested with the team, liked the other kids and the coaches, as did we. Then we heard about allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior between the coach and a player. Talked with a Dad on the team who was a retired cop and he assured us that he had this coach checked out and he was okay. Sorry. Not worth taking the chance with my daughter's well being. Softball just isn't that important.

3. Some years ago my older brother was accused of molesting one of his kids. Nothing had ever happened that would remotely suggest that it could be true. Others, including some in my family, figured his kid was actually touched by the babysitter, not my brother. I immediately banned my brother from ever being around my kids again unless/until it became abundantly clear that he was wrongly accused. My kids never saw him again. Well, shortly before he died, my brother revealed a secret he had kept from everyone, including me, for over 30 years - that he had been molested by a family friend when he was a kid. It turned out that my brother was guilty after all.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by REALLY » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:04 am

Spazsdad wrote:You know, you guys can piss and moan and argue in circles all you want on this subject but quit crying to the admins about every damn post that you don't like. We are not here to take sides. We are not the judge and jury. This is not a babysitting service. If you don't like the topic stay off but we are not your mothers to decide who is right and who is wrong. This is a public forum where people can voice their opinions.
Deal with it.
Christ I need another drink

One of the things that make Heybucket such a great place "limited moderation" Thanks for letting things run their course.

On a side note like you needed a reason for another drink :)
In the immortal words of the great Spazsdad "Don't get all butt hurt" ;)Image
REALLY

Previous

Return to CA