Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

GOOD and BAD tryouts

by 59Invicta » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:21 am

. And let me complement you on an excellent tone in your reply to 59's input. A breath of fresh air in your reasoned response. Unlike my usual approach.

Agreed.
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

by yosoftball18 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Thanks. Do you guys know of a good pitcher and catcher that will take a chance? Lol.
yosoftball18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dowhatulike » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Everyone thinks they have it all figured out such as dads coaching. They play a few good tournaments and all the sudden they are pros. :lol: It kinda sucks because the good coaches have to compete with these guys, dads!!! The good coaches that try to teach the game such as Myers, Stith, Tyson, Campbell and so on are becoming hard to find now. We are fortunate to play for a good coach now because he gets nothing out of it, plus he is very familiar with the game. Yes this is an active topic because it is so true and yes I wish everyone the best but come on if you dont know the game then stop pretending to sound good in front of parents and other dads because its selfish!!!
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Dowhatulike wrote:Everyone thinks they have it all figured out such as dads coaching. They play a few good tournaments and all the sudden they are pros. :lol: It kinda sucks because the good coaches have to compete with these guys, dads!!! The good coaches that try to teach the game such as Myers, Stith, Tyson, Campbell and so on are becoming hard to find now. We are fortunate to play for a good coach now because he gets nothing out of it, plus he is very familiar with the game. Yes this is an active topic because it is so true and yes I wish everyone the best but come on if you dont know the game then stop pretending to sound good in front of parents and other dads because its selfish!!!

Your spot on... I find it funny to watch the crowd and coaches when they face a big name coach. Most say nothing so they don't expose themselves, but every now and then one of them gets big ones and try's to puff their chest. They simply look like fools after the game. Us parent laugh cause they have no clue. They are trying to win and we are looking at getting better. They care about their record we care about college opportunities. We care about small things like how to throw and being athletically fit and they well....

Yea you can't convince me Dads know better cause the numbers aren't in their favor.
tbjd33

by artomatic » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:21 am

Stith, Tyson, Campbell, as well as many others coached their daughters.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by respectthegame » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:05 am

Exactly Aromatic. I love all these people out here that say oh Stith, Tyson, etc etc are coaching and don't have kids on the team. At one time they did and now they aren't doing it because they just love the game and love to coach. They are doing because they are making a ton of money off everyone. They definitely know the game and are well respected but don't kid yourself into thinking they are only doing it because they love to coach.
respectthegame
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BearsDad » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:49 am

I have No problem paying a lil extra for a coach with no kid on the team. but to say they are making a TON of money? how much are THEY making? IJS
BearsDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dowhatulike » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:06 am

artomatic wrote:Stith, Tyson, Campbell, as well as many others coached their daughters.

Oh course they did but someone had to start it but are you comparing them to other Yahoo's that coach now...come on!?? You guys know who I am talking about because we see it all the time. :o
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 59Invicta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 am

BearsDad wrote:I have No problem paying a lil extra for a coach with no kid on the team. but to say they are making a TON of money? how much are THEY making? IJS

I know of one coach working only 3 days a week giving hitting lessons making $2000 per week. Cash. :shock:

I think that's bank.
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 am

Dowhatulike wrote:
artomatic wrote:Stith, Tyson, Campbell, as well as many others coached their daughters.

Oh course they did but someone had to start it but are you comparing them to other Yahoo's that coach now...come on!?? You guys know who I am talking about because we see it all the time. :o

Agreed... It's idiotic to compare most these coaches. Most have no clue and that's not a point of view. Watch a few of these games and it's obvious.

That's like asking what came first the chicken or the egg! Everyone starts in softball because of there DD. If they didn't then they are weirdos we would start a tread about. Add the fact those guys are National Champions and have sent hundreds of DD's to top schools. These dad-coaches usually transition from rec ball!

Why is this even a comparison?
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to CA