Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

GOOD and BAD tryouts

by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:00 am

Hurricane wrote:Come on now, TD. Let's not make this personal. That is not the issue and you know it. So please don't change the subject. Why are you so angry?

My DD is fine and enjoying TB. She is not the issue. But I'm starting to see what the entire picture of TB has become (or is becoming?).

I am not naive and I do know by putting these posts out there that I will become a target for some "elders" of the game. But I'm just trying to spearhead a movement to make competitive TB more transparent and "user-friendly" for the children. If you read all of my posts you would be able to comprehend that.

Let's all work together and make TB softball better for the young girls, instead of demeaning the messenger.

You are an oblivious spearhead. Carry on.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:36 am

TD why are you talking negatively about someone's child. Maybe your initials should stand for Total Dumba$$. You can disagree with a poster or post without attacking the poster's child can't you?
fontana10!

by eclipse09 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:01 am

Dowhatulike wrote:What were some good tryouts lately and what were some bad??? Heard a lot of teams are not having descent tryouts lately!

While the skirmash goes on I will try an answer the OP. Down here in low cal I haven't heard about too many bad tryouts. Most were pretty good. Power Surge, Socal Breakers, TNL, etc. I am sure others were good, but those are the ones I know about. Hope everyone ends up on a team that is a good fit.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 pm

fontana10! wrote:TD why are you talking negatively about someone's child. Maybe your initials should stand for Total Dumba$$. You can disagree with a poster or post without attacking the poster's child can't you?

"Attacking a poster's child"? Take it easy Sally. If you think my references to someone's daughters "limitations of their skill sets" , or getting "mediocre results" after coddling punkin, is 'attacking their daughter', you are a fragile flower indeed.

My daughters have limitations to their skill sets. My daughters also have sometimes produced mediocre results for various reasons. That isn't an attack, that is life. I am tangled up in this off-topic part of this thread because Hurrycane is harping on this same complaint across multiple threads. The madness has to end.
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Hurricane

by exD1dad » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Guess what Hurricane no one wants to change things from the way they are or where they are going. TB has turned into a business where people actually make money, like with the boys baseball & the volleyball coaches that have been bilking well heeled parents for decades. If you want to help I suggest you volunteer at a hospital, old folks home, homeless shelter, veterans anything & there you will find personal satisfaction & actually make a difference. It is what it is & the sooner you learn that the better. you want transparency? please you chose the wrong door... like whomever invented "Six Sigma" otherwise know as common sense in business mixed with a precis MBA classes into a pot of stew which has been sold to politically correct HR & management peeps & all these out of work people end up teaching their "principles" hahahha kinda like the majority of people that obama surrounded himself with (mirror images of himself IE: those with no real world experience)

Now FC Rico.... tony pulls the best players from his org, Blanco & TX & AZ teams weren't 2 & out at PGF were they?(don't quote me on that JMO/spazz I'm just trying to remember off the top of my head) but yes generally a dozen FC teams are not what they used to be. So what, Rico is making money, giving opportunities & hope (whether it's real or not) . Think of all the teams that didn't even try to qualify, what about the 2nd tier teams that do USA Preps & USSSSSSA stuff? some upgrade to Platinum teams but a lot of these teams fill voids the "big orgs" who are like high end Beverly hills retail that only send their girls to top 50 teams (which aren't always that MUCH better than other players who don't live in orange county or whose parents & the DD's themselves want to give up their life (by spending 40 hours a week in a car going to practice, lessons, friendlies just to be on "that" team). Who are we to tell other people what to do with their life?

Hey Tylerr Durden I have never heard spear head used that way.. :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by yosoftball18 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:55 pm

It's a tough road to haul when so many teams are under the big team umbrellas. Parents would rather have their kids getting marginal playing time as long as they can say their DD is with one of those teams. Then there are teams like ours that was a 1st year 14u team, finished a respectable T-24th at PGF premier, and can't get any catchers or pitchers to respond to an ad. Now that is frustrating.
yosoftball18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 59Invicta » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:01 pm

yosoftball18 wrote:It's a tough road to haul when so many teams are under the big team umbrellas. Parents would rather have their kids getting marginal playing time as long as they can say their DD is with one of those teams. Then there are teams like ours that was a 1st year 14u team, finished a respectable T-24th at PGF premier, and can't get any catchers or pitchers to respond to an ad. Now that is frustrating.

Yo......it could be that your team has 5 coaches, which is a problem in and of itself. But when 4 of them are dads, that's a red-flag heading into 2nd year 14U. JMHO.
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

by yosoftball18 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:54 am

You're right that there are five "coaches'. The head coach has no kid on the team. He's been in the org. pretty much as long as its been around. He makes all of the decisions regarding playing time. Not that i'm an expert but I've been around the game for 11 + years I pretty much help where it's needed and with recruiting. The other three are fairly new to travel but are there to warmup girls before and during games.. Our manager is in there but mainly keeps score and helps the girls with making adjustments to the game. Maybe it appears that its just a bunch of dads trying to run a team, but its really not like that. I mean we play in the right tournaments, field a very competetive team, are coached well, and are reasonablly priced. I hear from some people, that the org. doesn't have a reputation of putting girls in big schools. With this group I think we can change that. At least I'm trying. I suppose I can't change what people think of us but they will never know until they come out and take a look. Thanks for the heads up on the appearance. maybe we'll have to make an adjustment.
yosoftball18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:02 am

yosoftball18 wrote:You're right that there are five "coaches'. The head coach has no kid on the team. He's been in the org. pretty much as long as its been around. He makes all of the decisions regarding playing time. Not that i'm an expert but I've been around the game for 11 + years I pretty much help where it's needed and with recruiting. The other three are fairly new to travel but are there to warmup girls before and during games.. Our manager is in there but mainly keeps score and helps the girls with making adjustments to the game. Maybe it appears that its just a bunch of dads trying to run a team, but its really not like that. I mean we play in the right tournaments, field a very competetive team, are coached well, and are reasonablly priced. I hear from some people, that the org. doesn't have a reputation of putting girls in big schools. With this group I think we can change that. At least I'm trying. I suppose I can't change what people think of us but they will never know until they come out and take a look. Thanks for the heads up on the appearance. maybe we'll have to make an adjustment.

Yo, I agree with 59 that, whether it is accurate or not, most parents will take one look at your '4 dads in coaching roles' team setup, and walk the other way. And let me complement you on an excellent tone in your reply to 59's input. A breath of fresh air in your reasoned response. Unlike my usual approach.
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA