Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

GOOD and BAD tryouts

by fontana10! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:10 pm

It's very sad to see anyone and everyone get a FC team. My daughter played on a FC team when it was a true privilege to wear the jersey. Now I see some FC teams out there that resemble rec teams rather than an elite travel team. There's a song and it goes something like this, Money, money, money..
fontana10!

by Hurricane » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:46 pm

I think FC is just trying to follow the other OC "big name" organizations. It's all about the money and not the girls. How did TB get to this point anyway.

It's becoming now that the players are only known by the numbers on their back. Some "big name coach" organizations don't really know all of the names of the girls on the team that has their name on it. It's "hey you" or "good job 2nd Base" or "good job #12" or whatever.

It's really sad (and gallows-humor funny). In fact, I had heard of one "big name coach" have a player give out the awards to the girls because he didn't know all the names and didn't want to be embarrassed. He wasn't at many of the practices/friendlies/tournaments and he didn't take the time to study the roster.
Hurricane

by Tyler Durden » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Hurricane wrote:I think FC is just trying to follow the other OC "big name" organizations. It's all about the money and not the girls. How did TB get to this point anyway.

It's becoming now that the players are only known by the numbers on their back. Some "big name coach" organizations don't really know all of the names of the girls on the team that has their name on it. It's "hey you" or "good job 2nd Base" or "good job #12" or whatever.

It's really sad (and gallows-humor funny). In fact, I had heard of one "big name coach" have a player give out the awards to the girls because he didn't know all the names and didn't want to be embarrassed. He wasn't at many of the practices/friendlies/tournaments and he didn't take the time to study the roster.

Your whining, criticisms, and dramatics are endless. If Coach didn't find your kids' talents as awesome as you think they are, move on. Your fixation with 'evil coaches who treat pre-adolescents badly' is off the rails.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I think FC is just trying to follow the other OC "big name" organizations. It's all about the money and not the girls. How did TB get to this point anyway.

Your whining, criticisms, and dramatics are endless. If Coach didn't find your kids' talents as awesome as you think they are, move on. Your fixation with 'evil coaches who treat pre-adolescents badly' is off the rails.

TD, You may spot on about why he seems to obsess on this subject. I tend to think you're close.

However, this does not necessarily negate or disqualify some of the points he's making. Even if they come from a bitter perspective.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Difference between the "OC" organization and the Firecrackers is except for Rico's 18g team and 16u Brashear all other Firecracker teams are mediocre at best. The Batbusters were solid from 12u to 18G. Only SA and CA can say the same. It really is sad to see cause I remember when...
tbjd33

by Hurricane » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:03 am

Tyler Durden wrote:

Ha. You're too funny, TD. I think I'm hitting a nerve with you. Close to the truth?

You are off base with my consistent takes on what is wrong with TB softball. I am surprised you aren't debating the issue and say I'm not telling the truth. Probably because I'm picking at that big scab of TB softball and the powers that be know it and don't like it.

Again, I'm hoping that by constantly bringing it up, that ASA and PGF will look inward and try to improve the situation. Please remember I am trying to help the children. The young girls who love the game and want to get better and play at a high level.
Hurricane

by Dowhatulike » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:43 am

you guys are too funny I'm not going to knock his organization because he was in this game before I even knew what fastpitch softball was. But I totally agree with a number of teams though I just think there are too many coaches out there who don't know what they are doing and it's kind of sad because I remember when me and my DD would have to bust our butts and work hard and get ready for a tryout because that's how competitive it used to be.we are thankful to be on a good team with good families and great coaches because itis hard to find all those factors in one.
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:58 am

tbjd33 wrote:

Difference between the "OC" organization and the Firecrackers is except for Rico's 18g team and 16u Brashear all other Firecracker teams are mediocre at best. The Batbusters were solid from 12u to 18G. Only SA and CA can say the same. It really is sad to see cause I remember when...

Agreed.
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:07 am

Hurricane wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Probably because I'm picking at that big scab of TB softball and the powers that be know it and don't like it.

The 'powers that be' are unaware of you. If they were unfortunate enough to run across your incessant repetitive railings on this board, they would be unconcerned. Your complaint is seen by most as 'angry parent who is having trouble facing the limitations of their daughters skill sets', and/or 'angry parent who coddles their kid, gets mediocre results, then blames the coach'.
You would be surprised/outraged/baffled to find that many parents have no problem with over-the-top coaches who provide results/exposure/offers. Many view this as a microcosm of the adult world their daughter will soon face.
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:50 am

Come on now, TD. Let's not make this personal. That is not the issue and you know it. So please don't change the subject. Why are you so angry?

My DD is fine and enjoying TB. She is not the issue. But I'm starting to see what the entire picture of TB has become (or is becoming?).

I am not naive and I do know by putting these posts out there that I will become a target for some "elders" of the game. But I'm just trying to spearhead a movement to make competitive TB more transparent and "user-friendly" for the children. If you read all of my posts you would be able to comprehend that.

Let's all work together and make TB softball better for the young girls, instead of demeaning the messenger.
Hurricane

PreviousNext

Return to CA