Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

ASA Rules

by mdupuy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Looking for some clarification. I heard that a girl didn't show up to the States for her team
(No warning signs or conversation) and then looked to get on another team. Original coach denied the transfer to another team and ASA overuled. Why do we have the rules and why do we have a governing body that overules what they have developed?
P.S. Not my dd's team either way, but a friends.
mdupuy

by DDG » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Spazsdad wrote: who said ASA has any clue or consistency regarding their own rules.

Consistency is not always an ASA strongpoint.

Why would a coach not release a player? Simple. To send a message to everyone else… “Don’t come to my team if you are going to pull that cr*p. I will not release you.”

I have a question, why would someone want the player that is willing to walk away from their current team at a critical time, without any warning or discussion? She must be a stud to get away with that.
DDG

by GAM » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm

mdupuy wrote:Looking for some clarification. I heard that a girl didn't show up to the States for her team
(No warning signs or conversation) and then looked to get on another team. Original coach denied the transfer to another team and ASA overuled. Why do we have the rules and why do we have a governing body that overules what they have developed?
P.S. Not my dd's team either way, but a friends.

I heard about the same situation recently. The girl had a good reason to leave right before states.
There is always three sides to each story. The Coach, the player and the truth.
GAM

Return to CA