by PDad » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Teamsmith won

Team Smith 96 won it in the 'if' game.

Here are the results - http://haywardareasports.com/files/12U_ ... _final.doc
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 90066DAD » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:59 pm

DodgerBlue's wrote:Central Cal ASA told us there were a couple of opening at Regionals next weekend and we needed to contact our ASA commish, that is the extra berths they were talking about.

In my biased opinion, they should award a berth to the Sorcerer team who took second, strong team who battled in 100 degree weather all weekend.

Sure most will say there was only 13 teams at this tourney, but with the weather the way it was all these young ladies played great! And to fall just short in your 4th game of the day, dont force them to do it again this weekend and then get a handed down berth, give it to them now.

Based on your logic, I guess we would need an amendment to the ASA Code to read as follows:

“A team shall be awarded a berth to ASA Nationals despite finishing second in a one berth only National Qualifier, so long as such team:

a) was deemed to be a “strong” team by any person posting on a nationally recognized fastpitch related website,

b) was one game away from winning the tournament,

c) played its games throughout the tournament at an average temperature equal to or in excess of 100 degrees, and

d) such team would most likely earn a Nationals berth at a subsequent Regional Qualifier played within two weeks following the conclusion of said National Qualifier.”
90066DAD

by DodgerBlue's » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:14 pm

hey 90066dad when you do that trick you do so well (pulling your head out of your ass) read my post where it says in my biased opinion.

I was giving them props for kicking our ass.
DodgerBlue's

by 90066DAD » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:49 am

I know you said it was your "biased opinion" the first time I read it. There's no need for you to ask me to read it again.

You went on to list the factors which formed the basis of your "biased opinion". I merely restated those factors for you. The problem here is that you seem to think that by qualifying your opinion as "biased", it should then be protected from attack. I don't agree with that, and I certainly don't agree with the logic behind your "biased opinion."
90066DAD

by DodgerBlue's » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Wow "check out the big brain on Brett"

did you just finish a game of Scrabble, using such big words 90066dada you told me
DodgerBlue's

by Demonboy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Nzane wrote:Talked to Numero Uno today at the fields. He heard a rumor they were giving 4 berths up there, not just 1. Anybody know if this is true or not?

God I hope not. At the rate they are going ASA Nationals will be just like a TC event, only without the good weather.

With the exception of Gold, it pretty much is.
:lol:
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Demonboy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:52 pm

DodgerBlue's wrote:hey 90066dad when you do that trick you do so well (pulling your head out of your ass) read my post where it says in my biased opinion.

I was giving them props for kicking our ass.

90066dad's post was funnier than hell. Perhaps it's your head that is in need of removal from
a certain orafice.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

Previous

Return to CA