Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Where should my daughter tryout?

by 59Invicta » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Lefty123 wrote:also if you can find out what positions are still open, I went to a tryout, “open to all positions” which was BS, the team was already picked, they just want 3 girls additional fielders. If coaches could be honest and only requested that positions that are open instead of wasting all of the girls time, life would be a lot easier. Coaches you are not gods, please only advertise the positions you are in need of, and thanks to all the ones that do. Sorry if I got long winded.

Thanks for putting that out there Lefty! Saturdays and Sundays in August are limited, and there are usually several good try-outs competing. We've already been to 2 that were entirely a waste of time.
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BB2830 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:21 pm

So true. Might be more about keeping players away from other tryouts or willingness to drop existing players if they see something they think is better. Unless it's a new team being formed you pretty much know when you see "all positions open and earned" what that really means. Wish more coaches would heed Lefty's advice. Stop wasting everyone's time.
BB2830

Previous

Return to CA