Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Where should my daughter tryout?

by Coachdarryl » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 pm

So many 16u teams are "Reloading", where should my daughter tryout? Brashear ? Briggs? Athletics? Bat busters? Firecrackers? Hell, the entire Choppers 16 u division is starting over? New coaches?
Coachdarryl

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Coachdarryl wrote:So many 16u teams are "Reloading", where should my daughter tryout? Brashear ? Briggs? Athletics? Bat busters? Firecrackers? Hell, the entire Choppers 16 u division is starting over? New coaches?

I guess you posted this in two areas because no one has answered your question yet?

Read this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68448

My advice is to read that thread and then go to as many tryouts as possible, BUT...do your homework as much as you can on those teams. Those are all top teams so your DD better be either very good, or just good enough to make the team and be okay not playing a whole lot.

Good Luck

P.S. Fair warning...You'll get the HeyBucket police all over you if you post the same thing in two different spots. Don't be surprised if one of them disappears.

EDIT: Look at that...one of them is already gone. Either you deleted it or the HB Police are working fast today. :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by joaquinjunior » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:41 am

:lol: :roll: :oops:
joaquinjunior
Premium Member
Premium Member

by blue1956 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Coachdarryl wrote:So many 16u teams are "Reloading", where should my daughter tryout? Brashear ? Briggs? Athletics? Bat busters? Firecrackers? Hell, the entire Choppers 16 u division is starting over? New coaches?

this is your first post? way to go coach.... and you forgot CAngels, all top teams good coaches , recruiting, and very competitive softball you cant go wrong chosening one if your DD is ready to play...
blue1956

by bigdog310 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Make sure your DD can play if not she will see the pine close up on these teams. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigdog310

by Hurricane » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Well, that's not entirely true. Even if your DD can play, you have to make sure you have done your homework on the team you are trying out for. IF it's a daddy-ball situation or a "relative" situation or a "good friend's DD" situation, then even if you can play the game, you still might see the pine close up.

In a different thread there's a list of questions you might want to find the answers to before making a firm commitment.
Hurricane

by Hurricane » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:53 am

blue1956 wrote:

this is your first post? way to go coach.... and you forgot CAngels, all top teams good coaches , recruiting, and very competitive softball you cant go wrong chosening one if your DD is ready to play...

All true, Blue!

However, you need to make sure that the the name of the coach on the team is actually at the practices doing the coaching and evaluating the girls. Many of these organizations with a "coach name" are actually run by underlings. These underlings' opinions of the player's performance might be a bit biased if there's a daddy-ball or relative-ball or friend of DD-ball situation going on. So, do your homework.

You'll also find that many of these "name" teams will use the 14's and 16's like a farm system to weed out the girls they don't want for their 18-Gold roster. So, make sure you have a back-up plan for your DD in case.
Hurricane

by blue1956 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Hurricane wrote:
blue1956 wrote:

All true, Blue!

However, you need to make sure that the the name of the coach on the team is actually at the practices doing the coaching and evaluating the girls. Many of these organizations with a "coach name" are actually run by underlings. These underlings' opinions of the player's performance might be a bit biased if there's a daddy-ball or relative-ball or friend of DD-ball situation going on. So, do your homework.

You'll also find that many of these "name" teams will use the 14's and 16's like a farm system to weed out the girls they don't want for their 18-Gold roster. So, make sure you have a back-up plan for your DD in case.

I don't see a problem with teams using their 14 and 16 to weed out player's to promote to their 18 teams....but I was trying to think what teams have daughter's on their teams these so called DADDY BALL... I couldn't think of any teams. Does anyone know of any DADDY BALL?
blue1956

by Hurricane » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:10 pm

awww. They are so cute when they are young and naive.

or you forgot to put the sarcasm icon at the end of your post.

Please tell me you're not serious,
Hurricane

by Lefty123 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:27 pm

also if you can find out what positions are still open, I went to a tryout, “open to all positions” which was BS, the team was already picked, they just want 3 girls additional fielders. If coaches could be honest and only requested that positions that are open instead of wasting all of the girls time, life would be a lot easier. Coaches you are not gods, please only advertise the positions you are in need of, and thanks to all the ones that do. Sorry if I got long winded.
Lefty123

Next

Return to CA