Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

For the love of the game!!!

by getoutoftheway » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 pm

As a current parent on Lethal Rage it is embarrassing to have SoftballRetard saying demeaning things about 13 year old girls who could possibly read this forum. To clear a couple of things up, I was at the games the day that those players left and they absolutely did not leave because of playing time. There was some confrontations about the coach lying to one of the parents and it just seemed to blow up from there. I am starting to realize that there may be some truth to what those parents were saying and it could possibly be time to start looking for a new team. Live and learn.
getoutoftheway

by anonlooker » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:56 pm

silverado1 wrote: But since you want to get personal, I will. Every girl that left that team were the better players. You failed to realize that the only reason they played bad was because they could not stand their coach.
Don't give the BS of sayin it was the girls attitudes that wasn't a good chemistry, or the parents.

So what you're saying is that all the best players got together (of their own accord, without parental involvement) and decided they would show their dissatisfaction with the coach by performing well below their capabilities? And that this behavior / attitude had no affect on team chemistry?

umm, okay :roll:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by anonlooker » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:09 pm

Spazsdad wrote:No, it's MMM-Kay

MMM-Kay, then. MMM-Kay! :idea:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by angels fan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Actually anonlooker I think that after the coach called the girls embarrassing and threatened to quit and not go to any nationals the girls thought what was the point if he is going to tell us how much we suck every time we play? It is hard to believe that he would pick a team and there couldn't be a single play to compliment them on?
angels fan

by travelball4me » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:41 am

I just want to say "Thank You" to silverado1 for starting this post!!! All you have done is hurt the girls who remain on this team and who don't share your same opinions about the coach.

You may have your concerns and opinions about him but not all share that opinion and now my daughter and her teamates who remain and want to make this team a success have little chance of that. Let people judge for themselves and if they have issues they are always free to leave and find another team.

If you think your daughter is not going to hear a cuss word in high school or college ball or is not going to be challenged by a coach to be a better player then you are in for a rude awakening.

This post has been nothing but hurtful to 13 year old girls who are trying hard to play softball with out the drama that parents create!
travelball4me

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:06 am

travelball4me wrote:I just want to say "Thank You" to silverado1 for starting this post!!! All you have done is hurt the girls who remain on this team and who don't share your same opinions about the coach.

You may have your concerns and opinions about him but not all share that opinion and now my daughter and her teamates who remain and want to make this team a success have little chance of that. Let people judge for themselves and if they have issues they are always free to leave and find another team.

If you think your daughter is not going to hear a cuss word in high school or college ball or is not going to be challenged by a coach to be a better player then you are in for a rude awakening.

This post has been nothing but hurtful to 13 year old girls who are trying hard to play softball with out the drama that parents create!

Sorry, that is the BIGGEST line of Bulls#(t. When is it OK to cuss out kids that are NOT in college? Don't make excuses. It it NEVER ok to cuss kids out at that age and say that it will happen in college. THEY WILL BE 18 IN COLLEGE!!!!

Had a coach do this to my kid when she was 11. She almost quit the sport for good and now I am glad we have found better coaching and coaches who lead by example.

Shame on any parent who thinks it is ok and make excuses about it. :evil:
Sftbll4ever

by travelball4me » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:26 am

Never said it was OKAY! He used a cuss word when expressing his frustrations about how they played as a team (was not directed at any one girl). They played terrible that game. Wasn't OKAY but he apologized and said it would not happen again and it has not. It's not an excuse by any means! If the parent had issues with it they should have walked away right then! Not send out negative postings that only hurts girls who remain on the team!!!

And if you think your kids aren't hearing cuss words from adults and kids in high school and even grade school then "shame" on you for being so naive. No one says it is OK but it is a fact!
travelball4me

by smash » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:28 am

I have been coaching for some time now from 10U to 18U and I can honestly say I have never cursed at a girl. I have kicked many a buckets and cursed to myself, but would never curse at the girls. Hearing a curse word and using it against girls are two different things. If you think it is normal to curse at young girls and you are okay with it as a parent you deserve to be where you are. Earlier in this post it was said that the coach early on cursed at the girls and apologized for it. This should have been a clue and I am sure many of the parents learned their lesson. I have seen coaches before curse at girls, intimidate girls and put them down. This is wrong and I don't care who the girl is, I guarantee you she will not perform better under that environment. Coaches like this should not be coaching.
Just my personal thoughts.
smash

by travelball4me » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:33 am

:x The bottom line is that this post has been nothing but hurtful to many people including families and kids. Hurtful to the kids that left and the kids that remain!! NO GOOD HAS COME FROM IT!!
travelball4me

by smash » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:51 am

I am sure this post is hurtfull to the team and I am sure you want it to just go away. You as a parent need to look closely at the coaching and do what is best for your DD. I have been in this situation myself as a parent and the coach told me he was going to change and work on his demeanor. It changed for a short time, but his demeanor came back as soon as the team was not performing like he wanted. Maybe this post will do some good and wake him up, but maybe I am too optomistic. I hope the best for your team and good luck.
smash

PreviousNext

Return to CA