Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

14U Park City

by Surehitter » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 pm

:lol: Oh boy!! write a check earn a birth and spend a bunch of $$ to go play in one very large freindly tournament. Don't forget to go ride the ponies or white water raft do the zip line or the bounce house.
Surehitter

by Surehitter » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:28 pm

:o Triple Crown is a business, you pay $ and you pay $ and then you spend more $ and go to what they call nationals. It is a shame because most of these kids could continue to play league ball, get better make our leagues larger and stronger. It would also keep the $$ in our own communities - wow what a thought. Probably 80% of the teams at Triple Crown get beat down hard when they play a true travel team.
Surehitter

by Donnie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:02 am

Play league ball? Are you kidding me? You still have kids coming to rec. ball in 14u with no experience. How much fun is that? Routine flyballs turning into 3 run homeruns. I have a first year travel team with every girl but one with no travel experience and we have been competitive with several of the giants! This trip to Utah has the entire team as well as me very excited. When we made the jump to travel we all understood what TRAVEL means, so why make this sound anything less than a wonderfull memory for a group of girls. You still have to go and play great softball in order to come home a champion, so where is the shame in that?
Be The Hunter
Donnie
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Scoop n K » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Donnie wrote:Play league ball? Are you kidding me? You still have kids coming to rec. ball in 14u with no experience. How much fun is that? Routine flyballs turning into 3 run homeruns. I have a first year travel team with every girl but one with no travel experience and we have been competitive with several of the giants! This trip to Utah has the entire team as well as me very excited. When we made the jump to travel we all understood what TRAVEL means, so why make this sound anything less than a wonderfull memory for a group of girls. You still have to go and play great softball in order to come home a champion, so where is the shame in that?

Donnie: Great Post. We are in the same position as a 12u team. The girls are excited and ready to play ball.
"Surehitter"-sounds to me like you are a natural pessimist. Either that or just an A**! Probably both. Just because you have the right to post stupid comments here, doesn't necessarily make it a good idea. Sure, it cost some $$$ to do this Park City thing. Ask the teams that are going to ASA Nationals how cheap that is. I bet that costs a hell of a lot more when all is said and done. By the way, we don't do this for a $10.00 trophy. It's called a "life experience" for the girls. ( That's why we do this, remember?) Perhaps you are just a bit jaded by all the exquisite happenings that have occurred in your life. :o Don't detract from what others choose to experience.
Scoop n K
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hit_It-Far » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:44 pm

:roll: TCS qualifier. Funny but you do not have to qualify anymore. If you play in 2 TCS tourney's you get to sign up. Very watered down. It is a fun event. Good luck to everyone going and have fun. We will be playing ball in So Cal.
Hit_It-Far

by as the world turns » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Having done both ASA nationals and TCSWS, I would say that TCS does a much better job at running a tournament. Ask the girls and families and they would tell you that TCSWS is a better overall experience. You can't compare both, but in your daughter's softball career you have to do both. Enjoy! It will be a great experience :D
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Surehitter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Boy the truth about Triple Crown has everyone all fired up, just put your sunscreen on grab your hat and head to the pony ride, take some water too.
Surehitter

by as the world turns » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:06 am

Surehitter wrote:Boy the truth about Triple Crown has everyone all fired up, just put your sunscreen on grab your hat and head to the pony ride, take some water too.

Sounds like sorehitter was beat by a Utah team at TCSWS and is not over it yet :lol:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Surehitter » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:11 am

:P Yea my team got run ruled by the team "Pink Machine" and I have never gotten over it. My daddy said it was ok because it really does not matter who wins or loses. In fact he told me next year they arn't even going to keep score so everyone has a great time.
Surehitter

by RaeRae56 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:07 pm

I've never done triple crown with my daughters.. but from what I hear, it is a very well run tournament that is enjoyed by many...

Why some grown adult, supposedly a mature father of a softball player, would come on here and thump his chest as if its too inferior for him is beyond me... maybe it makes him feel better. who knows? I, for one, dont really want to know what he's thinking.
RaeRae56

PreviousNext

Return to CA