Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Bonita Valley ASA "B" All-Star Teams

by joaquinjunior » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:53 am

Bonita Valley ASA "B" 10U , 12U , & 14U All-Star Teams from Chula Vista, Ca. 91911 Representing San Diego. a Shout out to all the Girls, coaches and there families. Praise the Lord for our Teams. from coach Joaquin Farfan jr. Thank You God!
joaquinjunior
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:22 pm

????

Good For San Diego County!

But...what does it mean?

Did they win Championships at each of those levels in the ASA "B" tournament?
Hurricane

by joaquinjunior » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:10 pm

What it means, is that there are 12-14 girls in each Team from Bonita Valley, representing our league and Chula Vista, and other girls and families in the ASA "B" Nationals. those are the Best "B" all-star teams in this part of the Country. I don't know what else to tell you. regardless on what level, or what sanction... its ASA Nationals. they earned there way to this Tournament. Is a matter of fact, since I've been around for a few years in Travel Ball, I can tell you this. that There's plenty of Rec. Ball All-Star teams ("B") Teams that can beat plenty of so called Travel ball teams out there in the circuit ... I'm sorry, but I'm just saying. blessings brother. any more questions, you can PM me, thank you God bless
joaquinjunior
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Congrats BV!

This makes me wonder about rec player numbers. I know Bonita Valley has about 600 to 700 players registered per year (or at least recently). Is there any other rec leagues out there with that many or more?
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm

eclipse09 wrote:Congrats BV!

This makes me wonder about rec player numbers. I know Bonita Valley has about 600 to 700 players registered per year (or at least recently). Is there any other rec leagues out there with that many or more?

BV has been a huge rec league (close to 800 kids at one point I believe) as long as I can remember and they have almost always done very, very well.

My DD's rec league (San Dieguito) here in north San Diego county topped out at 270 when she was playing in the mid to late 2000's and is now down to somewhere around 200 from what I have heard. I think Poway has close to 500 or 600 and Vista's is pretty big as well, but don't quote me on those numbers.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:31 pm

joaquinjunior wrote:What it means, is that there are 12-14 girls in each Team from Bonita Valley, representing our league and Chula Vista, and other girls and families in the ASA "B" Nationals. those are the Best "B" all-star teams in this part of the Country. I don't know what else to tell you. regardless on what level, or what sanction... its ASA Nationals. they earned there way to this Tournament. Is a matter of fact, since I've been around for a few years in Travel Ball, I can tell you this. that There's plenty of Rec. Ball All-Star teams ("B") Teams that can beat plenty of so called Travel ball teams out there in the circuit ... I'm sorry, but I'm just saying. blessings brother. any more questions, you can PM me, thank you God bless

That is fantastic! Success at ANY LEVEL is to be recognized. Agreed that some rec ball All-Star teams can compete at any level if necessary.

BTW....I wasn't criticizing your original post. I just was wondering if there was more information. I have heard about BV. Great community and program.
Hurricane

by joaquinjunior » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Hurricane, i'm sorry too if I came on defensively. I didn't mean it that way. please forgive me if I sounded like a jerk. But, yes B.V. is one of the biggest in the Country, and were proud of that. But then again, you have smaller leagues like Imperial Beach or Alpine, here in San Diego that have done good in years past. So everyone, I didn't mean anything bad by my original Post. I was just giving props to our young ladies. Thank you for understanding. God bless you all. thanks :D
joaquinjunior
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:09 pm

no worries at all. Bonita Valley is well known for quality players, coaches, and fans, too.
Hurricane

Return to CA