Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Stockton 18U Gold Qualifier

by lv2earat8 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:41 pm

"Because if Iluvblue was any further off base, there'd be a pick off throw."

I guess you threw the ball to the outfield and ILB scored!
God is great,beer is good,people are CRAZY!
lv2earat8

by Demonboy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:
lv2earat8 wrote:I still have to wonder why top college programs aren't trying to get verbals from more 14 year olds if it is so obvious, so early, who the best players will be in college"

Well how old are the high school sophmore's and freshman that have already verbaled? My guess is 14 or 15. I think there are more than you think

Actually, there are very, very few 14 year olds who verbal to a major softball program (anyone besides Fowler in the past few years?). The first round of early verbals seems to largely be during the summer before the junior year, at least based on what I saw a couple of years ago. Am I wrong?

Even there, Fowler was a sophomore when she committed.

I don't agree with the statement "nothing changes". I've seen dramatic shifts at the top between 12U and college over the years.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Old Darter » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:22 pm

[quote]Anyone have a list of the pre-sophmore kids who have already committed this year and to where?/quote]

ALLY CARDA (UCLA)
DANIELLE HENDERSON (CAL)
CHEYENE CORDES (CAL)

All verbaled either before the first day of their sophomore year. In fact all had verbaled prior to 16u Nats last summer. All Pac10 schools, which I think meets the major college criteria. And that's just from the Lady Magic team.
Old Darter

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Old Darter wrote:
Anyone have a list of the pre-sophmore kids who have already committed this year and to where?/quote]

ALLY CARDA (UCLA)
DANIELLE HENDERSON (CAL)
CHEYENE CORDES (CAL)

All verbaled either before the first day of their sophomore year. In fact all had verbaled prior to 16u Nats last summer. All Pac10 schools, which I think meets the major college criteria. And that's just from the Lady Magic team.

Then it looks like the trend toward earlier and earlier verbals continues. I don't believe it was nearly as common as recently as when Fowler verballed. So my info was outdated. My usefullness on this board is clearly, largely over. Waaa.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Per the Oregon qualifer list, the following teams disbanded:

3rd Degree
Raiders
California Thunder (Van Kirk)
Crunch
San Diego Breakers

Guess it is better to do it now so that those girls can get on pick up players.
Sftbll4ever

by sportzjunky » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Old Darter wrote:
Anyone have a list of the pre-sophmore kids who have already committed this year and to where?/quote]

ALLY CARDA (UCLA)
DANIELLE HENDERSON (CAL)
CHEYENE CORDES (CAL)

ya ya, #54 & the mighty SS are straight-up studs! I am BIG fans of these players after watching them play. It took 2 innings of watching them for me to see they had something very special there. Congrats on the win! Beyond the talent, THIS TEAM HAS OUTSTANDING MOJO going for it. I cant imagine Lady Magic Gold not making noise in any event they play in from now until they graduate. Check them out at he champions cup if you dont believe me or the others. seriously.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 am

Blind Squirrel wrote:
Old Darter wrote:

ALLY CARDA (UCLA)
DANIELLE HENDERSON (CAL)
CHEYENE CORDES (CAL)

Then it looks like the trend toward earlier and earlier verbals continues. I don't believe it was nearly as common as recently as when Fowler verballed. So my info was outdated. My usefullness on this board is clearly, largely over. Waaa.

John

Not really John. Cal and Arizona State have been leading the nation in this kind of recruiting behavior for awhile now. Those two schools may have accounted for more than half of the total sophomore commits two years ago.

That said, it is becoming increasingly common.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

Previous

Return to CA