Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Need Info-Where to begin for traveling teams for my daughter

by katyS » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:44 pm

So my daughter has played since she was 8 years old for the city and her school teams. She was born in '01. Begging me to find a travel team but I know nothing about this world. We live on the West side of LA. Any help would be appreciated!!
katyS

by joaquinjunior » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:36 pm

well, www,heybucket,com is the best place to be.
joaquinjunior
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Luther » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:43 am

I would start with looking in the try-out section for teams that practice in your general area.

I would then give them a call and ask if your daughter can come out to try-out.

I would focus on a coach who appreciates your daughters talents and a team that will give her playing time.

Travel ball requires dedication as the practices and games can be long but the family time and sport in general is very rewarding.

Good luck on your adventure!
Luther

by Martini » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 am

South Bay Surf would be a good start she will get plenty of playing time and its close. As she gets better move her up to stronger teams as she improves. Playing time in games is the key.
Martini

by eclipse09 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Make sure she is ready to move into travel. Playing time is the key and you don't want her to sit early in her travel
experiences.

Take your time in your search. Teams will be doing tryouts from now until September.

Be careful of a team that seems desperate or takes your daughter on too quickly. Work out with them first before committing.

Make sure she is getting better and having fun!!

Good luck!!

PS Yes Hey bucket is the place to get valuable info!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CatcherDad99 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Have her go to a couple of tryouts. Include at least one good team that she may not be ready for. My daughter did this and it showed her what level she needed to take it to be ready. Plus a tryout is a great workout. Good coaches will email you their thoughts on what she did well and what she needs to work on. Don't settle. Find the right coach. As said above someone who believes in her potential and will push her to get better. A good coach makes all the difference.
CatcherDad99
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cereal Kid » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Best advice No Daddy Ball look for a team were coaches have no dd on team. Go to a game to see how they coach a game talk to some parents at the tryouts get there feed back about the team make sure it is the right team for her and the family before you commite your time and money.
Cereal Kid

by Dowhatulike » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:20 pm

eclipse09 wrote:Make sure she is ready to move into travel. Playing time is the key and you don't want her to sit early in her travel
experiences.

Take your time in your search. Teams will be doing tryouts from now until September.

Be careful of a team that seems desperate or takes your daughter on too quickly. Work out with them first before committing.

Make sure she is getting better and having fun!!

Good luck!!

PS Yes Hey bucket is the place to get valuable info!!

Well said!!!
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MommyBaller » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:53 am

Cereal Kid wrote:Best advice No Daddy Ball look for a team were coaches have no dd on team. Go to a game to see how they coach a game talk to some parents at the tryouts get there feed back about the team make sure it is the right team for her and the family before you commite your time and money.

at 14u is there such a thing? IJS
MommyBaller

Return to CA