Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

TCS Red, White and Blue (10U)

by catcherzrule » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:56 am

What a great weekend of softball in Laguna! I wanted to take a moment and congratulate a group of young ladies who, until this point, have not gotten the recognition they deserve here on HB.

OCBB-McArthur is a talented, hardworking, dedicated group of '03 and '04 young athletes who have proven, not just this weekend, but on many others, that they indeed belong in the conversation of "who are the top 10U teams in so cal?"

On more than one occasion both on HB and out at the fields, people didn't even know we existed...we do. Or perhaps even more comical, they thought we were the Garcia or Nelsen team. We are not...

This weekend we competed against, and beat, some of the teams who are consistently "ranked" in the top 5 10U teams in so cal. We played fundamentally sound softball, and except for perhaps the worst call I have ever seen in all my years in this game, should have played in the Championship game vs. SCA-Natividad (TCS, kindly review the 'obstruction' rules with your umpires).

Ladies, you deserve recognition and have earned a spot at the top of your age group through hard work and dedication. Congratulations on an outstanding season and enjoy your time in Reno and play hard, as you always do.

:D
catcherzrule

by softballdad28 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:53 am

I agree that team played very well this weekend, but the reason nobody knows who you are is because you guys don't go to the friendlies week in and week out with the So Cal A's or the firecrackers or the power surges of the world. Did they play in any of the big tournaments, the Mothers Day Classic, St. Paddy's day, or even State. I don't think they did and that's why people don't know who they are.
softballdad28

by Dodgerqt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Can't say BB Mc Arthur would even be considered in the top five teams. They don't attend any of the friendlies or even well known tournaments that all the other competitive teams do week in and week out. Yes the team seemed to play well this weekend but not to where they stood out over the other teams....
Dodgerqt

by catcherzrule » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:35 pm

Sorry you feel that way softballdad28 and Dodgerqt...but playing that well against quality teams, coming from the toughest pool, isn't a fluke. Parents don't choose what to attend, unfortuantely, so with that being said, when the girls got their opportunity to play against the top teams, they showed up and competed. If they had the chance to do it again next weekend, and the following, I truly believe they would have the same sort of showing.

It is all "IMHO" here...so take it as that.

:)
catcherzrule

by fontana10! » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:54 pm

It sounds like the parents need to chat with the coaches. I haven't seen any 10u teams play this season but if your team is as good as you believe it is then they need to play the top teams week in and week out. I'm really surprised this chat hasn't happened yet.
fontana10!

by MyLifeInMySUV » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:51 pm

OCBB McArthur parents aren't like most 10u parents. We know how lucky we are to have the coaching we have. Sometimes it can be frustrating to not be in the tourneys and friendlies with the top teams but really, when closely examined, that's just about ego - and not the ego of 10 year old girls! McArthur is not chasing a HB Best 10u title, he is a dedicated coach teaching solid fundamentals, teamwork, hardwork and respect for the game. Everything a 10 year old and her parents could hope for with no-nonsense or drama. To the person that started this thread - well said!! Our girls are very lucky! I am first in line on the ego check and am always humbled by our awesome coach.
MyLifeInMySUV

by artomatic » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:06 pm

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballdad28 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:45 pm

MyLifeInMySUV wrote:OCBB McArthur parents aren't like most 10u parents. We know how lucky we are to have the coaching we have. Sometimes it can be frustrating to not be in the tourneys and friendlies with the top teams but really, when closely examined, that's just about ego - and not the ego of 10 year old girls! McArthur is not chasing a HB Best 10u title, he is a dedicated coach teaching solid fundamentals, teamwork, hardwork and respect for the game. Everything a 10 year old and her parents could hope for with no-nonsense or drama. To the person that started this thread - well said!! Our girls are very lucky! I am first in line on the ego check and am always humbled by our awesome coach.

So what you are saying is the coaches of these other teams that play tough teams week in and week out are not teaching the girls? Playing good teams that are well coached is a great way to learn, I don't think it's a ego thing to put these young ladies against tough competition. I think you are doing them a discredit by playing weaker teams all the time.
softballdad28

by fontana10! » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 am

Mylife, I can appreciate your support for the coaches, which I'm sure they deserve. But what catcherzrule stated in his/her post was your team doesn't get the recognition they deserve. The best must play the best. That's the bottom line. It's not just coaches who have egos, but 95% of parents with talented kids do as well. Coaches with a talented group of players should seek to play at a talent level equal or greater than theirs. I won't let my 14u play on a team that doesn't consistently play top competition. I would rather her have a tough day against great competition than a great day against weak competition. Just my opinion though.
fontana10!

by MyLifeInMySUV » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:02 am

I totally agree with points in the responses. There are many layers to all of this and I should not have worded my post to sound like playing tough competition was strictly about coach's ego. I see all views and just am grateful for a positive thread to read and share.
MyLifeInMySUV

Next

Return to CA