Firecrackers
Sac. Fire & Ice
OC BB- Snow
Team Smith 97
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SB drama » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:53 pm

The Orange County Batbusters 12U Ray are hosting the "Best of the West" Tournament on June 27th & 28th in Anaheim Hills, California.

The field will be limited to 24 invited teams from throughout California, Arizona and Nevada.
SB drama

by Halo-Effect » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:45 pm

This is the link to the Pools and the bracket including the pool seeding

http://www.eteamz.com/OCBatbusters12URay/files/BestofWestTourney2009updated.pdf

All games are 1 hour 30 min, no new inning...(Not Drop Dead)

Most of the top SoCal 12u teams will be playing.
Come down and see some of the best softball all year.
Games are at Yorba and Peralta parks...June 27-28
We will also be updating scores all day both days on our website...
Halo-Effect

by RudeDog » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:38 pm

Kind of an odd bracket :?:
C1 and D1 win two to get to the final game while A1, B1, E1, F1 all have to win 3 in a row to get to the championship game? 4 in a row to win it all. C1 & D1 play two then a game break then the championship game. Is game time for game #21 a typo? All other games start at 2:30 that round, game #21 shows start time of 3:30
"Even if you are on the right track you will get run over if you just sit there." ~ Will Rogers
RudeDog

by Clean_up » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:05 am

RudeDog wrote:Kind of an odd bracket :?:
C1 and D1 win two to get to the final game while A1, B1, E1, F1 all have to win 3 in a row to get to the championship game? 4 in a row to win it all. C1 & D1 play two then a game break then the championship game. Is game time for game #21 a typo? All other games start at 2:30 that round, game #21 shows start time of 3:30

Are you bored tonight? Two IT games missed in Hemet and you're all over the Bucket causing trouble.... :lol: Glad they pulled through those two games... :)
Clean_up

by RudeDog » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:18 am

You know me, if there is trouble I'm either finding it or causing it. :twisted:

Is it me or does the bracket play seem a little odd?

A lot of good teams here & you'll have to beat them to get to the final so I guess it doesn't matter all that much............unless you're one of the lucky ones who has to play 4 in a row (or more) to win it!
"Even if you are on the right track you will get run over if you just sit there." ~ Will Rogers
RudeDog

by RudeDog » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:08 am

Hopefully the snackbars will be better than Fresno and they don't charge us all $5 a day to watch our kids play!
RudeDog

by Halo-Effect » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Snack Bars are Hosted by...
Peralta - OCBB-Ray
Yorba - OCBB-Jesse

OCBB-Ray has hosted several snack bars for showcase tournaments...and food has always been received very well. Jesse may do carne asada...I am not sure...But I know his parents know how to BBQ very well.

The snack bar at Peralta will be going pretty early...7am ish...
Coffee will be brewing and all of the breakfast burrito ingredients will be cooking.
We make the burritos to order...so you get what you want...not pre-assembled.
You know they are good because all of our parents will be eating them as soon as they are ready...We may try to get some tri-tip cooking early and add that option to the burrito.

We always try to have onions grilling on a burner...if we don't ask you if you want some on what you are having...ask us...no extra charge...we'll even put some on your donut if you want.

Our basic menu is...
Breakfast Burritos
Donuts
Muffins

Fruit Cups

Hamburgers / Cheese-Burgers
Hot Dogs
Chicken or Meat Ball Sandwich
Tri-Tip Sandwich
Nachos
Cup Of Noodles

Baked Potatoes

Candy / Chips / Seeds / Corn Nuts

Gatorade / Water / Soda / Coffee / Tea / Hot Chocolate

We will also have game schedules and scores at the snack bar if you are interested in checking.
Halo-Effect

by Halo-Effect » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:24 am

Just a reminder... :lol:
OCBB is hosting the 12U Best of the West Tournament in Anaheim at Peralta and Yorba Parks this Saturday and Sunday.

Best of Luck to all teams...Battle until the last out...and stay hydrated...it should be a hot weekend... :mrgreen:

We will also be updating scores all day both days on our website...
:arrow: :arrow: http://www.eteamz.com/OCBatbusters12URay/news/index.cfm?cat=549335

There will be great snack bars to boot. :o

===========

Come see some of the Best 12U Fastpitch any where this year. Most of the top So Cal and top Nevada-Arizona Teams are playing. :twisted:

All games are 1 hour 30 min, no new inning...(Not Drop Dead) :idea:
Pool games start at 8am...and are scheduled to begin every 2 hours...last set of pool games start at 6pm. :ugeek:
Halo-Effect

by Halo-Effect » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:16 pm

:arrow: I thought for sure someone would have at least forecasted the pool results...if not a shot at how the brackets would unfold. :o

Where has Mr Bracketologist been hiding...maybe on a quiet vacation before Regionals/TCS WS. :ugeek:
He may be there watching your team...analyzing them...is he the guy with a slide ruler and pocket protector...or the guy with a blue cup :?:

My only prediction is that there will be some monster players making monster plays (or pitches) or hitting monster shots. :mrgreen:

It looks like it will be pretty hot this weekend. 8-)
There is shade at both parks but not necessarily from every where you might view the games. :lol:
EZ-E-Ups are great because they protect you from the sun and the foul balls.

Please remember to hydrate the girls and don't forget the spf protection.

Yorba Snack Bar will be having Carne Asada :D
I believe Mr Doug Finch will also be at Yorba.

Sports Training Complex will have a booth at Peralta...check it out.
Photofire Impressions will also be at Peralta Saturday to take pictures of the action....look for Bill all over the place taking sports shots of the great plays.
Halo-Effect

Next

Return to CA