Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

New San Diego SUPER ORG?

by outtahere » Sat May 03, 2014 9:56 pm

It has been confirmed today that Renegades and TNL are in talks to create a new Super Organization in San Diego. Post your thoughts here! Will this be a "smart" move for travel ball in San Diego? If not, why?
outtahere

by Hurricane » Sun May 04, 2014 12:19 am

I think you will see more of this happening all over SoCal. Similar to the NCAA conferences. Years before it happened, people were talking about the NCAA alignment to be these 4 or 5 Super Conferenes of 16 teams. That is happening now.

There are just not enough "quality" TB teams out there for all the organizations to field a top notch competitive team. The combining of organizations to create a quality championship team makes sense. Especially for San Diego County as many good players do end up going to OC teams for a variety of reasons (i.e. coaching and dare I say better college recruiting "contacts"?).
Hurricane

by outtahere » Sun May 04, 2014 10:08 am

Absolutely agree. However does shutting down two organizations and creating a whole new one really make that happen? Do colleges recognize coaches or organization names or a combination of both? Did the Batbusters (Fox) have success recruiting his girls (other than to XXX ) since his break with Renegades?

How long does it take to get organizational recognition back and what harm comes to the upper-class athletes trying for college recruiting?
outtahere

by Here comes the boom » Sun May 04, 2014 10:51 am

In theory this seems like a very logical idea, but this is a very complex deal
That has a lot of moving part and at the
End of the day this deal is all about money.
Here comes the boom

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Should have been done a long time ago.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Fri May 09, 2014 11:57 am

IMO its a great idea. Both orgs have a solid history of helping kids get to colleges all over the country.

I am not a fan of the original TNL team structure, but if they figure that out, they will have a chance to be a dominate org in North County.

I wish Jerry and Daniel well with this if they go this route.
ontheblack

by ontheblack » Fri May 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Sometimes "all about the money" can refer to the being financial intelligent and understanding economy of scale. Neither Daniel or Jerry should have to worry about changing tax brackets because of softball.
ontheblack

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:38 pm

BTW I heard yesterday from a very reliable source that this merger is dead in the water.

I understand the hurdles involved with getting two or more of these better orgs to merge, but I fear the end result will be a near monopoly of Firecrackers and Batbusters teams in San Diego that swallow up all the talent.

Sigh...

"In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell..." :cry:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wild thing » Fri May 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Isn't that interesting???
wild thing
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri May 09, 2014 3:10 pm

What was going to make the combined org SUPER?

- Would they end up with an 18U team led by a cornerstone coach that would draw the top players?

- Were the teams going to get stronger by combining the best from both orgs? That only works if coaches agree to work together or move to a different age group.

Bigger isn't necessarily better, so forget quantity. How would the quality improve?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA