Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

New San Diego SUPER ORG?

by cent » Sat May 10, 2014 9:11 am

I vehemently disagree with Fastpitchdad05. As I have said before on this site our San Diego organizations can stand on their own and their own merits and achievements. The organizations that have come down from Orange County will have their work cut out for them because of the long standing traditions set by the current San Diego organizations. Plus, hopefully their still is that loyalty thing called supporting your own here in San Diego. As I have said before, our San Diego organizations will fight like heck to keep their organizations healthy and competing at the highest level I assure you.

As for a merger it has been talked about with my organization as well. Probably what someone said earlier it is dead in the water at least for us. We at Power Surge are very pleased at how our organization is progressing. We do not feel the need for a merger. In fact we are in talks with an organization in Arizona about them joining Power Surge. We will see as we at Power Surge as someone else said Quality over Quantity is what we want.

Scott Berndes--President San Diego Power Surge
cent
Premium Member
Premium Member

by firecrackers619 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Progress is inevitable !!
FCSD

"Separation is in the Preparation ! "
firecrackers619
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dabill » Sat May 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Thank you spazdad! You took the words right out of my mouth.
dabill
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun May 11, 2014 3:56 pm

cent wrote:I vehemently disagree with Fastpitchdad05. As I have said before on this site our San Diego organizations can stand on their own and their own merits and achievements. The organizations that have come down from Orange County will have their work cut out for them because of the long standing traditions set by the current San Diego organizations. Plus, hopefully their still is that loyalty thing called supporting your own here in San Diego. As I have said before, our San Diego organizations will fight like heck to keep their organizations healthy and competing at the highest level I assure you.

As for a merger it has been talked about with my organization as well. Probably what someone said earlier it is dead in the water at least for us. We at Power Surge are very pleased at how our organization is progressing. We do not feel the need for a merger. In fact we are in talks with an organization in Arizona about them joining Power Surge. We will see as we at Power Surge as someone else said Quality over Quantity is what we want.

Scott Berndes--President San Diego Power Surge

Scott,
I hope you are right. I certainly want you to be right.

But we have to ask, why are so many of San Diego's most talented girls going north instead of playing for great coaches and organizations like those in Power Surge, Renegades, Breakers, etc?

I have talked about this perceived issue every year I've been on HB, but my time is almost done. My DD will likely be verballed in the next few months and this will no longer be an issue for me.

That said, in the last few years I have seen the problem get worse, not better. The opinion I have expressed that some of the top SD orgs should band together to make a "Super Org" was formed because I think that it is a way, maybe the only way, for these great SD orgs to fight back against these invaders from the north.

It was bad enough when all they did was swoop in and take these players north. But now they have the audacity to move into our backyard, take our land and try and take what we have left.

Scott, we are on the same side. I think the world of you as a coach, org leader and as a person and have always enjoyed and appreciated our friendly and candid conversations. Unfortunately it would seem that this time we just don't see the same things happening in regards to this particular issue.

As I said...I hope you're right. I learned long ago that I am often wrong, and that's okay.

I wish you all the best,
Jeff Smith aka Fastpitchdad05
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
firecrackers619 wrote:Progress is inevitable !!

How arrogant you come off just like when you first posted about SD crackers coming to "save" San Diego TB. Like it needed help
Not everyone thinks your avenue of choice is progress.

Unfortunately too many people like firecrackers619 are drinking the kool-aid. By the time he realizes it isn't progress for anyone but the FC org it will be too late.

Remember this, FC619...you can be replaced. Easily. And probably without too much remorse.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by firecrackers619 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:30 pm

If these two SD orgs. want to merge IMHO this is progress for San Diego, (2) SD top orgs willing to work together and create something special and better for the young athletes than so be it. All this personal bashing is unfortunate and is viewed by many including our daughters this type of negativity only clouds the main goal here and that is creating the best possible environment and culture for our local young athletes to succeed at the next level including life. We are supposed to be teaching them against this type of hate and bitterness.
FCSD

"Separation is in the Preparation ! "
firecrackers619
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:14 pm

firecrackers619 wrote:If these two SD orgs. want to merge IMHO this is progress for San Diego, (2) SD top orgs willing to work together and create something special and better for the young athletes than so be it. All this personal bashing is unfortunate and is viewed by many including our daughters this type of negativity only clouds the main goal here and that is creating the best possible environment and culture for our local young athletes to succeed at the next level including life. We are supposed to be teaching them against this type of hate and bitterness.

FC619 - Like your assistance in helping the FC org spread into San Diego, you are again misguided. The merger being discussed in this topic would IMO help prevent the FC expansion here.

And don't try and play the victim. No one here hates you and no one's buying your sympathy routine either.

We all remember your incendiary post when you announced that you would be the ambassador of FC softball here in SD and our savior.

SD travel (again IMO) doesn't need the "help" you are offering.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun May 11, 2014 6:21 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
firecrackers619 wrote:If these two SD orgs. want to merge IMHO this is progress for San Diego, (2) SD top orgs willing to work together and create something special and better for the young athletes than so be it. All this personal bashing is unfortunate and is viewed by many including our daughters this type of negativity only clouds the main goal here and that is creating the best possible environment and culture for our local young athletes to succeed at the next level including life. We are supposed to be teaching them against this type of hate and bitterness.

FC619 - Like your assistance in helping the FC org spread into San Diego, you are again misguided. The merger being discussed in this topic would IMO help prevent the FC expansion here.

And don't try and play the victim. No one here hates you and no one's buying your sympathy routine either.

We all remember your incendiary post when you announced that you would be the ambassador of FC softball here in SD and our savior.

SD travel (again IMO) doesn't need the "help" you are offering.

Maybe things haven't worked out the way FC619 had hoped... How are those LoCal Firecracker teams doing?

Your "invaders" characterization was amusing. Is anyone from OCBB or FC really coming down to Sandy Eggo or are they merely licensing their name? Are they actively recruiting teams or just responding to coaches that want to affiliate with them?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by outtahere » Mon May 12, 2014 9:36 am

Okay boyz...Getting back to the "heart" of the actual topic: :D

What WOULD it take to become a Super Org? :idea:
Coaches? - How do you get the "BEST" of the best under one umbrella? (with out an ego fight?
Athletes? - Who is the "BEST" and finding/identifying these athletes and "recruiting" them so they stay in SD?
Organizational structure? What is the "BEST" structure: independent? Unified?
Facilities? - How critical is this to being the "BEST?

Please list with reasons and order of importance, can you also note if you are a coach, parent or "other - what is your role"

Keep posting, I am learning a TON!
outtahere

by Here comes the boom » Mon May 12, 2014 7:32 pm

From what I have been told there are a lot of unanswered questions on both sides, and both sides of parents and coaches do not want any type of merge.
Here comes the boom

Previous

Return to CA