Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Looking for instructor on the mental aspects of softball

by Coach11 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:15 pm

REALLY wrote:How quickly you forget "Louie and Anthony" Not only will you learn the mental side but also the ethical side

http://www.freewebs.com/lmfastpitch/index.htm

Pretty sad I knew exactly where that link headed without ever clicking on it.

I'm spending WAY too much time here!
Coach11

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:17 am

Coach11 wrote:
REALLY wrote:How quickly you forget "Louie and Anthony" Not only will you learn the mental side but also the ethical side

http://www.freewebs.com/lmfastpitch/index.htm

Pretty sad I knew exactly where that link headed without ever clicking on it.

I'm spending WAY too much time here!

Loved the following delusional, self-serving quote from the site:

"It boils down to great coaching. That’s the only possible answer. As players get older it’s certainly true that talent can make a difference. But talent still has to be coached. An athletic player under a poor coach will never achieve her full potential."

Uh, strictly speaking, neither will an athletic player under the best coach in the world "achieve her full potential."

I just have to wonder whether the reference to great coaching should attract kids or inform them that they should go elsewhere?

Don't mean to diss coaches in general. Many (most?) have selflessly helped countless kids and are deserving of respect and gratitude. But self absorbed coaches who grossly overestimate their impact turn my stomach.

Great. Another one of my non-value-added rants but this is something that recently hit close to home. So I vent like a 6-year old. I feel better now.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to CA