Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

14U states rankings

by Cookie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 am

bear down 23 wrote:no actually i wouldn't !! they backdoored thier way in !! its a weak way of getting to Nationals !

you are full of Sh%t, the only one getting backdoored around here is you. They signed up and no one else signed up. bear down change your name to go down
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by Skarp » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:39 am

bear down 23 wrote:no actually i wouldn't !! they backdoored thier way in !! its a weak way of getting to Nationals !

Are you retarded? MG didn't make the rules, and playing out of state for a berth is a very common practice (as it should be, unless we want to entertain the fiction that the New Haven Pink Pansies are a better team than Minors Gold). The fact that nobody else signed up isn't on them. Their berth is as legit as everyone else's.

BTW, Art, this year's state champion, qualified last year by going to Colorado and beating up on a bunch of nobodies. I think he placed 9th at nationals. Perhaps he should have gone to Utah instead. :roll: :roll:
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:11 am

wow, why criticize a team for having a goal to play at asa nationals?
yes, last year we went to colorado, and it was us and 3 colorado teams for a NATIONAL QUALIFIER". we got our 12u berth, and got criticized for it.
It wasn't our only plan, but it was our first option, and it worked.

They have regional qualifiers and state qualifiers.
In fact, in colorado last year, i think they cancelled the state 12u tournament due to lack of teams wanting to play in it.
MG wants to go to nationals, they fundraise all year and have the means to do it.
Just because there wasn't any interest from other teams in whatever state they had signed up for is not their fault.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bear down 23 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:38 am

just keep making excuses !! --- ok its a great way to get in ! send money to another state ! don't bother to play any games and say you qualified !! yea thats a great way to say you qualified !!
bear down 23

by sportzjunky » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:50 am

excuses? They exercised thier right governed by ASA by-laws right? Read the rules! Learn it, live it,, deal with it. You dont like it then lobby ASA. I call them clever and smart to have an inexpensive plan B for thier parents. they were going regardles... OK city.. Regionals,, etc..
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by Madmun » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:55 am

Hey they did what they had to do to get there. They didnt break any rules. MG95 is a team MORE then qualified to go to Nationals. I only wish the top 16 from State got to go. ;)

Off to OKC we go to hopefully get our berth. Should be fun to play where the big girls just played.
Madmun

by Skarp » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:58 am

bear down 23 wrote:just keep making excuses !! --- ok its a great way to get in ! send money to another state ! don't bother to play any games and say you qualified !! yea thats a great way to say you qualified !!

Thanks for answering my question...clearly you ARE retarded. Perhaps you would like to point out where MG is making a big deal out of the fact that they qualified? I'm pretty confident that MG couldn't care less about saying they qualified. They want to go play in the national championship...and more power to them. The rules allow it.

Maybe your beef should be with your own manager for not being smart enough to have a back-up plan. In fact, I'll take this opportunity to say the same thing to mine: "Hey Dummy, why didn't you think of this?!?"
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sportzjunky » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:00 pm

Good luck MadMun. I thought your team looked great this weekend in some tough battles and also your DD did an outstanding job vs CA-Lockman/Tysons team. The plate blue really job'd your team with his poor mechanics calling your one girl out in that game. The game is bigger then one play but when one run seperates you and we all can point to a blues sh!tty mechanics taking away a run well then..
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by bear down 23 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:24 pm

ok you big weenies , in every other sport you have to meet certain requirements !! place 1st , 2nd or 3rd for instance . NBA first 8 from each conference go to playoffs , you don't petition or send a application to keep playing ! College softball you go to regionals to get in , lose , you go home ! yea its the rules but its also BACKING IN --- no other way around it !! its not winning to get in ! A spade is a spade !
bear down 23

by Skarp » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:47 pm

bear down 23 wrote:ok you big weenies , in every other sport you have to meet certain requirements !! place 1st , 2nd or 3rd for instance . NBA first 8 from each conference go to playoffs , you don't petition or send a application to keep playing ! College softball you go to regionals to get in , lose , you go home ! yea its the rules but its also BACKING IN --- no other way around it !! its not winning to get in ! A spade is a spade !

Errr...your logic is impeccable. :roll:
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA