Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Lancaster City Park

by Tucson » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:23 pm

I am working with a coach right now, that both he and his wife get so nervous that they can't eat on game day. It is 10U rec!

Fortunately, my little pitchers have a better hold on things. But, he tells them that he is afraid they will lose.

I don't get it. I just have never had a nervous sense about ball games.

How do these types manage when there is a real emergency in their family?
Tucson

by Skarp » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:40 pm

NavinR wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:who needs google when he has you :)

I have a question:

Coaches and parents do you get nervous before a big tourney like this? Is you stomach in a knot the day before or a week before the games? Do you wake up at night thinking about the tourney? Are you still mad about the redraw?

My give-a-s**tometer peaked at 12's and is now showing a steady decline.

lol...ditto.

Used to watch every minute of practice. Now I hardly watch any of it.

Now other parents have to tell me about many of the plays dd makes, because I was too busy fiddling with my iPod or some such.

Now I have very little advice/criticism to offer dd, whether at the field or after (except when we actually go out and practice together).

In short, now it's all about me, not her... :mrgreen:
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nzane » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks for the smart ass reply. I was out the door for work, so I figured I'd post up and see it. But, thanks for the heads up about Google. Maybe I'll Google A--hole, and who knows, maybe your pic will pop up. ;) :).

Hey Uno, really, alchol is legal in the park? Maybe I'll bring a bottle of Grey Goose!!

REALLY wrote:
Nzane wrote:I know it's Lancaster City Park this weekend for State. But, can someone post up the actual address? Thanks, in advance....

Man there's a thing they invented a while back called google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=la ... q=&aqi=g10

43011 N. 10th Street West
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Bruwinfan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Nzane wrote:Thanks for the smart ass reply. I was out the door for work, so I figured I'd post up and see it. But, thanks for the heads up about Google. Maybe I'll Google A--hole, and who knows, maybe your pic will pop up. ;) :).

Hey Uno, really, alchol is legal in the park? Maybe I'll bring a bottle of Grey Goose!!

Oh don't do that T !!! Don't you remember what happened up in Vegas at BP after your last round of the goose? Some kid hit you with a linedrive as I recall.... :oops:
Good luck to all the 14's up there!
Bruwinfan

by Nzane » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Bruwinfan wrote:
Nzane wrote:Thanks for the smart ass reply. I was out the door for work, so I figured I'd post up and see it. But, thanks for the heads up about Google. Maybe I'll Google A--hole, and who knows, maybe your pic will pop up. ;) :).

Oh don't do that T !!! Don't you remember what happened up in Vegas at BP after your last round of the goose? Some kid hit you with a linedrive as I recall.... :oops:
Good luck to all the 14's up there!

Oh yea, good times!!
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Nzane » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:38 pm

NumeroUno wrote:who needs google when he has you :)

I have a question:

Coaches and parents do you get nervous before a big tourney like this? Is you stomach in a knot the day before or a week before the games? Do you wake up at night thinking about the tourney? Are you still mad about the redraw?

When I was coaching, I would lose sleep. Thought about it all the time. Not coaching now, yet I still think about it ALL THE TIME!! Nervous anticipation, I guess...
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by REALLY » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Sorry you won't see a pic of me under a--hole now if you google sh-thead there's a 1-4 chance you'll get me ;)

I lived at EdwardsAFB/Quartz Hill for 5 years is it still as god foresaken now as it was 15 years ago?

I can't sleep through the night before a tournament I'm up 2 hours earlier on a saturday for pool games then I would ever think of getting up for work on a Monday.

8am pool games I'm up at 4am pacing

REALLY wrote:
Nzane wrote:I know it's Lancaster City Park this weekend for State. But, can someone post up the actual address? Thanks, in advance....

Man there's a thing they invented a while back called google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=la ... q=&aqi=g10

43011 N. 10th Street West
In the immortal words of the great Spazsdad "Don't get all butt hurt" ;)Image
REALLY

by Nzane » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:35 pm

REALLY wrote:Sorry you won't see a pic of me under a--hole now if you google sh-thead there's a 1-4 chance you'll get me ;)

I lived at EdwardsAFB/Quartz Hill for 5 years is it still as god foresaken now as it was 15 years ago?

I can't sleep through the night before a tournament I'm up 2 hours earlier on a saturday for pool games then I would ever think of getting up for work on a Monday.

8am pool games I'm up at 4am pacing
[/quote][/quote]

LOL! Yea, if you Google A--hole, you'll probably get me!! And, I'm like you, up WAAAYYYY early for games......
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Buttermaker » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 am

Got in early and did a light warm up with DD...clouds rolling in and out and breezy but it is not too cold...perfect softball weather if the wind doesn't pick up ;) Fields are prepped and look great.
Buttermaker

Previous

Return to CA