Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Rumor has it

by #16'sbiggestfan » Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 am

Is this true what im hearing about SoCal Crunch 12u folding?If so then why?
#16'sbiggestfan

by Iluvblue » Thu May 28, 2009 8:39 am

If it is true, and I have NO CLUE if it is or isnt, dont know anything about ANYONE involved with this team, it would be the same reasons all teams fold; the coaches dont know what the heck they are doing.

Running a team isnt for everyone, but if done properly it isnt that hard. Every year you hear about this team or that team and the problems they are having. They have parents causing problems, the coaches are fighting amongst themselves, too much testosterone, and before you know it, the reasons why you get involved in a team become a burden.

Result, team folds.

Or the other reason, coach has slept with a team mom.
Iluvblue

by hotwheels » Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 am

Iluvblue wrote:If it is true, and I have NO CLUE if it is or isnt, dont know anything about ANYONE involved with this team, it would be the same reasons all teams fold; the coaches dont know what the heck they are doing.

Running a team isnt for everyone, but if done properly it isnt that hard. Every year you hear about this team or that team and the problems they are having. They have parents causing problems, the coaches are fighting amongst themselves, too much testosterone, and before you know it, the reasons why you get involved in a team become a burden.

Result, team folds.

I agree with your statement in general but NOT IN THIS CASE......I have no idea if Crunch is folding or if this is just a "Hear Say" rumor but I can tell you from experience that Javier (Manager) DOES KNOW what he is doing......My younger daughter was working out with them for a few weeks back in August/September and those were some of the best practices she has ever been part of......

He is a genuine guy and tells you like it is.....Pulls no punches.......My daughter would absolutely play for him.....He is a very good coach and if this is true I can't imagine why......But, I do know that it would NOT be because he doesn't know what he is doing.......He is a class act as far as I'm concerned and I wish them nothing but the best.......Their coaching staff was great!! Parents seemed happy.......JMHO......Wes, Corona Xpress
hotwheels

by Phantom » Thu May 28, 2009 9:00 am

I heard OC Batbusters 12U Ray imploded as well
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom

by goodeye » Thu May 28, 2009 9:36 am

hotwheels wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:If it is true, and I have NO CLUE if it is or isnt, dont know anything about ANYONE involved with this team, it would be the same reasons all teams fold; the coaches dont know what the heck they are doing.

Result, team folds.

Agree with your assessment of this coach. Good guy, good coach. Maybe the parents were not happy with their performance at States? But they did get the draw from hell so not much they could do about that.

I agree with your statement in general but NOT IN THIS CASE......I have no idea if Crunch is folding or if this is just a "Hear Say" rumor but I can tell you from experience that Javier (Manager) DOES KNOW what he is doing......My younger daughter was working out with them for a few weeks back in August/September and those were some of the best practices she has ever been part of......

He is a genuine guy and tells you like it is.....Pulls no punches.......My daughter would absolutely play for him.....He is a very good coach and if this is true I can't imagine why......But, I do know that it would NOT be because he doesn't know what he is doing.......He is a class act as far as I'm concerned and I wish them nothing but the best.......Their coaching staff was great!! Parents seemed happy.......JMHO......Wes, Corona Xpress

Agree with your assessment of this coach. Good guy, good coach. Maybe the parents were not happy with their performance at States? But they did get the draw from hell so not much they could do about that.
goodeye

by TheCloser » Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

If OC Batbusters 12U Ray broke up it may be a good opportunity for that '98 player they have to jump on a good '98 team that she can build with!
TheCloser

by TShark » Thu May 28, 2009 10:13 am

TheCloser wrote:If OC Batbusters 12U Ray broke up it may be a good opportunity for that '98 player they have to jump on a good '98 team that she can build with!

Thats what I was thinking :D
TShark

by TheCloser » Thu May 28, 2009 10:20 am

goodeye wrote:
hotwheels wrote:

Result, team folds.

Agree, Javier is a good guy and solid coach.

Unfortunately, losing always brings out the worse in parents, and second you're not to win even if you're Vince Lombardi if you don't have the horses to compete. If there is a fault with Javier is that he probably can't recruit and initially evaluate players as well as some of the other coaches and organizations out there.
TheCloser

by lnm1999 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:32 am

Dont believe the rumors. L the 98 wont be joining any 10u team no time soon. Victory or Dynasty sorry fellaz.
lnm1999

by Iluvblue » Thu May 28, 2009 10:48 am

Unfortunately, losing always brings out the worse in parents, and second you're not to win even if you're Vince Lombardi if you don't have the horses to compete.

Bingo. Parents mus take the good with the bad. Ask yourself if you are happy with a team and the coach PRIOR to the big tournament. If the answer is yes, losing in the big tournament should not change that. The players are the ones that win and lose. Obviously good coaching has an impact, but the best coach cant win without having the right players.

Nothing wrong with being disappointed, but big expectations in youth sports can be a killer.... nowhere to go but down. Let things happen on their own. But too many parents go around to pitching and hitting lessons talking smack, then when they lose they are embarrassed and feel the need to lash out and blame someone.
Iluvblue

Next

Return to CA