Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

R&R Gold Memorial Day Shootout

by luv2catch » Mon May 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Are there any suprises from this weekend at the gold level? How do the gold teams look for the opening weekend ? Any scores?
luv2catch

by wadeintothem » Mon May 25, 2009 7:29 pm

If you really cared, you would have made an appearance ;)

IMO, everyone I saw has a lot of work to be considered championship caliber gold team. Many teams missing people, not gelling, pitching was not great, no one could steal a base, etc. Its not unusual to see teams not exactly full steam for the first few tournies though and I'm sure there will be marked improvement between now and the NQ's.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Surehitter » Mon May 25, 2009 7:35 pm

You guys are kidding right !!! - half of our gold team will be in CIF until next weekend as I am sure many other teams players are. Don't even pay attention until mid June.
Surehitter

by Missinit » Tue May 26, 2009 6:03 am

DD played her first travel tourney in 3 years so other than a little coaching at 12's I haven't got to see travel in a long time till this weekend at RR tourney.

I gotta say, I was a little shocked at the level of play.
She played 18's not gold so I didn't get a chance to see any gold games.

Anyone know how some of the 18 teams that played gold did?
Just wondering if that might be part of reason...

Very sorry if I'm offending any 18's out there. I'm trying to be gentle here.
If you show no mercy... you deserve no mercy!
Missinit

by Iluvblue » Tue May 26, 2009 7:44 am

Most 18u teams up here stink, because most of the best players are playing Gold, so 18u gets what is left.

3 years ago my 1st year 14u team that was less than 1 month removed from 12u was asked by R&R to fill in and play 16u. Sure I said, it was free, so why not. I knew he would not stick us against the better teams.

4 days later he asked us to play 18u, again, no problem I knew we wouldnt be asked to play the better teams.

we went 2-3 and very easily could have been 4-1 that weekend. 18u is no mans land for the most part.
Iluvblue

by NorCal LVer » Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 am

luv2catch wrote:Are there any suprises from this weekend at the gold level? How do the gold teams look for the opening weekend ? Any scores?

Flat as a pancake.. However, AASA looked very sharp. Best team I watched.
NorCal LVer

by wadeintothem » Tue May 26, 2009 10:36 am

NorCal LVer wrote:
luv2catch wrote:Are there any suprises from this weekend at the gold level? How do the gold teams look for the opening weekend ? Any scores?

Flat as a pancake.. However, AASA looked very sharp. Best team I watched.

- As an org - AASA is very strong this year (I think I've worked every team but the 16s)

I liked All american Mizuno as well, but it could be because I have always enjoyed their stud of a catcher KDog -- IMO, a model of a catcher and shes always been totally High Speed. (and their coaching staff is awesome)
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by west coast » Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 pm

were ther any good 10u at rand r gold turney
west coast

Return to CA