Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

So Cal Top 12u teams. Second poll of 2014 page 4

by CoachJ75 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:15 am

How does 3D make the top 20? Sorry, no way!
CoachJ75

by juandoe » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:09 am

Leftoutfield wrote:It's been fun watching the teams listed in above poll playing and improving the last 6 months. We are blessed in So Cal to have a whole lot of talented young ladies competing against the best of the best, week in week out. I think the Top teams could beat each other on any given day so it's hard to say that one or two teams are going to dominate everyone else. Some teams do well consistantly in friendlies and some don't, but in tournaments, the cream rises. So based upon what I've seen, my take on the Top 10 teams right now:

1. OCBB Steele
2. So Cal Athletics Mercado
3. Firecrackers Thornburg
4. Choppers Black
5. OCBB Stith
6. OCBB Bracamonte
7. Choppers Vidal
8. OCBB Young (Definitely the Most Improved!!)
9. Corona Angels Slye
10. So Cal Breakers

Firecrackers Manny, OC United, Firecrackers Blanco, EPOCH, OCBB Montoya and Williams,
Corona Angels '02, So Cal Athletics Quarles, could all fill the next 10 spots. There are just alot of young and improving teams out there.

Best of luck to all the 12U teams as they head towards PGF or ASA Nationals.

I agree with most on your list, except #1. I don't know how you can put them ahead of Thornburg's team. They are playing as well as anyone right now. But I guess you did not see what happened at Brenda Marsh. I agree OCBB Young are going to be a team to watch. You DON'T want to draw this 02' team at PGF. With the pickups they have made, they are going to be the top team heading into next year, and should be in the top 10 of the rankings. Bownet Black did not fare to well at PGF. I see them dropping in the next poll. Corona Angels Slye are a good team, but after losing to two good NorCal teams in Vegas and losing to So Cal Fire ? in the TCS March Mayhem tourney, I do not see them staying in the top 10.. So Cal Breakers ,Epoch , and Case Batbusters Hickman should be added to the rankings on the next poll. The Breakers team that qualified. Is that Niestas.? Montano? A little help...I will update the poll after TCS Aprils Finest . Alot of very good teams entered for that tourney. The next couple of weekends should be alot of good match ups at Friendlys. Choppers Vidal is hosting a mega friendly with most if not all the top teams there. And next weekend, Firecrackers Thornburg and Manny are hosting seperate Friendlys with many of the top teams.
juandoe

by eclipse09 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:45 am

Breakers team is Montano.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Leftoutfield » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:39 pm

[quote="CoachJ75"]A lot of the top teams listed are playing each other this Sunday at a friendly, so we'll see how they do.

I agree that the top three are all pretty even. OCBB Steele won Vegas beating SCA Mercado, but firecrackers Thornburg destroyed Steele at the Brenda Marsh.

Bownet Agnetti is now Bownet Black. I know they have had a few girls leave recently and their top pitcher is out for a while with an injury. They also don't play top competition.

SCA Quarles has had at least three girls leave in the last two weeks. Only one girl left from their championship team.

Angels Slye also does not appear to play any of the top teams. Who knows how good they are.

Choppers Vidal is okay. Just not sure they have the pitching. Also a no show at the PGF Qualifier. What's up with that? Even the teams with no prayer of getting a berth were there.

How does OCBB Stith rank so high and they got a berth. Confusing to me since I've seen them play and I'm unimpressed.[/quote

So who's your Top 10 and why? If you qualify for PGF you get some credit. OCBB Stith beat OCBB Bracamonte in a very close game. I gave Choppers props for winning a couple tournaments in the fall. As to Top 1-3, it could be any of them. I do think the Crackers definitely have the biggest bats. Could move them to 2 and Mercado to 3, but on any given day... The Steele pick was most for the Vegas showing.
Leftoutfield

by Fastpitch4Life » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:44 pm

juandoe wrote:
Leftoutfield wrote:It's been fun watching the teams listed in above poll playing and improving the last 6 months. We are blessed in So Cal to have a whole lot of talented young ladies competing against the best of the best, week in week out. I think the Top teams could beat each other on any given day so it's hard to say that one or two teams are going to dominate everyone else. Some teams do well consistantly in friendlies and some don't, but in tournaments, the cream rises. So based upon what I've seen, my take on the Top 10 teams right now:

1. OCBB Steele
2. So Cal Athletics Mercado
3. Firecrackers Thornburg
4. Choppers Black
5. OCBB Stith
6. OCBB Bracamonte
7. Choppers Vidal
8. OCBB Young (Definitely the Most Improved!!)
9. Corona Angels Slye
10. So Cal Breakers

Firecrackers Manny, OC United, Firecrackers Blanco, EPOCH, OCBB Montoya and Williams,
Corona Angels '02, So Cal Athletics Quarles, could all fill the next 10 spots. There are just alot of young and improving teams out there.

Best of luck to all the 12U teams as they head towards PGF or ASA Nationals.

I agree with most on your list, except #1. I don't know how you can put them ahead of Thornburg's team. They are playing as well as anyone right now. But I guess you did not see what happened at Brenda Marsh. I agree OCBB Young are going to be a team to watch. You DON'T want to draw this 02' team at PGF. With the pickups they have made, they are going to be the top team heading into next year, and should be in the top 10 of the rankings. Bownet Black did not fare to well at PGF. I see them dropping in the next poll. Corona Angels Slye are a good team, but after losing to two good NorCal teams in Vegas and losing to So Cal Fire ? in the TCS March Mayhem tourney, I do not see them staying in the top 10.. So Cal Breakers ,Epoch , and Case Batbusters Hickman should be added to the rankings on the next poll. The Breakers team that qualified. Is that Niestas.? Montano? A little help...I will update the poll after TCS Aprils Finest . Alot of very good teams entered for that tourney. The next couple of weekends should be alot of good match ups at Friendlys. Choppers Vidal is hosting a mega friendly with most if not all the top teams there. And next weekend, Firecrackers Thornburg and Manny are hosting seperate Friendlys with many of the top teams.

Looks like a lot of the top teams with be at the MDC so that might be a good opportunity for an update.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 714fastpitch » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

After watching several of the top teams playing this weekend, I have compiled my top ten. No disrespect to any teams I have left out.

1. OCBB Steele
2. Firecrackers Thornburg
3. SoCal Athletics Mercardo
4. Choppers Black
5. OCBB Bracamonte
6. Choppers Vidal
7. OCBB Young
8. OCBB Stith
9. Corona Angels Slye
10.SoCal Breakers Montano
714fastpitch

by Onlooker50 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:34 am

Welcome to Heybucket Fastpitch714!!! Now can we get some credible rankings here, didn't know friendlies counted in ranking teams.
Onlooker50

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:33 am

Onlooker50 wrote:Welcome to Heybucket Fastpitch714!!! Now can we get some credible rankings here, didn't know friendlies counted in ranking teams.

Have at it! 714 gave an opinion. What's yours?
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 714fastpitch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks for the welcome :D My assessment was based on the second half of season, and in reality the most important. The rating was not bias towards anyone team, even my DD, team did not crack top 5 spots. And as far credentials go, I have been fortunate and blessed to be part of a few championship runs in the D1 and know what a solid team needs to be successful. Looking forward.to the remainder of the season and discussing my favorite sport. :D
714fastpitch

by CoachJ75 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 pm

I was at the Choppers Vidal friendly this past Sunday and was able to get scores from some of the games.

Firecrackers Manny 4, so cal 3D 3

OCBB Steele 8, SCA Mercado 2

Choppers Black 9, OC United 2

Firecrackers Thornburg 5, Choppers Vidal 1

SCA Mercado 7, choppers Black 4

Salinas Storm 6, So cal 3D 1

OC United 1, Choppers Vidal 1

Firecrackers Manny 7, OCBB Montoya 6

OCBB Steele 4, Firecrackers Thornburg 3

Firecrackers Thornburg 4, Choppers Black 3

Choppers Vidal 5, so cal 3D 5

Firecrackers Thornburg 12, SCA Mercado 5