Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12u State Draw

by Clean_up » Wed May 20, 2009 6:39 am

ARCHRIVAL wrote:CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS AGAIN IS IT ME OR WHY ARE ALL THE TOP 12 TEAMS ON THE SAME BRACKET EXCEPT FOR POWER SURGE 96! THE BRACKET GODS MUST LOVE THEM! :?

True, the top bracket is a little weighted, but the bottom still has CA Rebels, Corona Angels, Irvine Sting, Cal Thunder, Valley Tribe, Revenge 96, Nemesis and maybe a sleeper or two.
Clean_up

by hotwheels » Wed May 20, 2009 7:19 am

Am I missing something here???? 10 teams in the top bracket have a shot at going all the way and 8 in the bottom bracket have the same shot in my opinion.....Hardly an overloaded bracket.....Give some of these other teams a little credit here......

Top - Franchise, Xpress, Wildcats 96, Raiders, Jynx, TS 96, BS 96, Crunch, BB Marquez, and Firecrackers........10 total

Bottom - Thunder, Sting, Valley Tribe, Rebels, Nemesis, TNL, Angels Knighten, PS 96.....8 total

I think any of these teams listed here having the chips fall the right way could be standing when it's all over.......Remember......There is ALWAYS upsets at State.........
hotwheels

by Clean_up » Wed May 20, 2009 9:11 am

hotwheels wrote:Am I missing something here???? 10 teams in the top bracket have a shot at going all the way and 8 in the bottom bracket have the same shot in my opinion.....Hardly an overloaded bracket.....Give some of these other teams a little credit here......

Top - Franchise, Xpress, Wildcats 96, Raiders, Jynx, TS 96, BS 96, Crunch, BB Marquez, and Firecrackers........10 total

Bottom - Thunder, Sting, Valley Tribe, Rebels, Nemesis, TNL, Angels Knighten, PS 96.....8 total

I think any of these teams listed here having the chips fall the right way could be standing when it's all over.......Remember......There is ALWAYS upsets at State.........

YUP YUP YUP... You are so right! You never know who is going to BRING IT and who is going to LOSE IT with 12U..... What seems like an easy path, never is and teams better come ready to battle regardless of who they are playing...

Good Luck to all teams!!
Clean_up

by ocdad » Wed May 20, 2009 9:33 am

Any word on the loser's bracket yet?

Looks like a lot of strong teams will be fighting their way out of it early.

Will this be like an Easter Egg hunt, where we all search through the ever so easy to navigate ASA website to find the loser's bracket? I am sure I am not the only one who has spent hours clicking links that should get you to the documents you need, but to ASA's amusement they move them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank God for Heybucket, I knew they would have the brackets out before ASA would post it.

Like everyone has said, good luck to all - be careful on taking any team too lightly.

Outside of game 52, I don't see no easy entrances into the final 8. I guess this is why no matter how much we complain about ASA we are always there. I don't think you are goin to see a better weekend of softball.
ocdad

by hotwheels » Wed May 20, 2009 9:40 am

ocdad wrote:Any word on the loser's bracket yet?

Will this be like an Easter Egg hunt, where we all search through the ever so easy to navigate ASA website to find the loser's bracket? I am sure I am not the only one who has spent hours clicking links that should get you to the documents you need, but to ASA's amusement they move them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank God for Heybucket, I knew they would have the brackets out before ASA would post it.

Like everyone has said, good luck to all - be careful on taking any team too lightly.

Outside of game 52, I don't see no easy entrances into the final 8. I guess this is why no matter how much we complain about ASA we are always there. I don't think you are goin to see a better weekend of softball.

I hear you......Look at this way too........Last night Ann said that this schedule wasn't the official schedule and that the official one would be a different color handed out at the check...... :o
hotwheels

by Clean_up » Wed May 20, 2009 9:54 am

hotwheels wrote:

I hear you......Look at this way too........Last night Ann said that this schedule wasn't the official schedule and that the official one would be a different color handed out at the check...... :o

I doubt they would change it and hand out a different one at check-in, that could be a scheduling disaster... And if they move teams around, why have a draw then? I assume she may have meant game times/parks may change AFTER the initial games or in case a team drops and gives someone a bye?... Scary..
Clean_up

by Wicked » Wed May 20, 2009 10:01 am

Here is the link to where the brackets SHOULD be. They are not posted yet and do not even have all the teams listed. :x

http://socal-asa.com/index.php?ct=jo_tr ... e_tourn_09
Wicked

by AgentIceMom » Wed May 20, 2009 11:28 am

I sure hope the post both brackets *prior* to check-in. It would certainly help with hotel issues. Does anyone have an "in" with ASA???
AgentIceMom

by Wicked » Thu May 21, 2009 7:41 am

Wicked

Previous

Return to CA