Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Rec All Star vs Travel Team question...(12U)

by MoeFoes » Sun May 10, 2009 9:44 pm

artomatic wrote:
crazycoach23 wrote:Why would it be bad for the Rec All Stars?? Because they could lose their eligibility or the travel team would embarrass them on the field? What's the risk?

eligibility.

in socal anyways, rec all stars are considered "B", or "C".
Travel team are considered "A". Doesn't matter their level of talent.
rec all stars are not supposed to play travel teams, or they can have their classification changed to "A", which would make them ineligible to play rec districts, state, western ""B, etc...

bringit wrote:Last year in all stars we were unable to play any travel team until after state. We were in the socal central district.
:?

Atro, How would it ruin their eligibility? They can play friendlies (Practice games) cant they. I thought that the only time this would come into question is if they played a non-asa LEAGUE team or if they registered as A travel team. Am I wrong?

If you qualify for western B's from state, you still can't play any travel teams after state, because you are still in championship play, unless you decline the berth.
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

by crazycoach23 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:58 pm

MF-

???

SM-

They will be looking for you after the last tournament. That way, you can still do them a "favor". :lol:
crazycoach23

by Sftbll4ever » Mon May 11, 2009 5:59 am

Spazsdad wrote:I remember in 10s we played an allstar team. Pitcher took a comebacker of the hand and I believe it ended her season :cry:

Ha, I was waiting to read all the comments and then I was going to post this. You are right though, she did have a fracture in her hand and was done for the rest of the All Star season. Hey, I hear she is throwing over 60 now. :D
Sftbll4ever

by Play ball » Mon May 11, 2009 7:56 am

This is directly out of the ASA yellow pages.

Players who have participated on a team other than their own recreation league teams after March 31st of the current season are not eligible; (i.e. a player shall not participate with any other All-Star or travel type team, including ASA and non-ASA after March 31st)
NOTE: "Participate" in the above shall be defined as ~~A PLAYER TAKING PART IN A PRACTICE, PRACTICE GAME, SCHEDULED GAME OR TOURNAMENT.

We've been advised ( region 14 ) that an all star team playing against a travel team in a practice game = "participation."
Play ball

by artomatic » Mon May 11, 2009 8:16 am

Play ball wrote:This is directly out of the ASA yellow pages.

Players who have participated on a team other than their own recreation league teams after March 31st of the current season are not eligible; (i.e. a player shall not participate with any other All-Star or travel type team, including ASA and non-ASA after March 31st)
NOTE: "Participate" in the above shall be defined as ~~A PLAYER TAKING PART IN A PRACTICE, PRACTICE GAME, SCHEDULED GAME OR TOURNAMENT.

We've been advised ( region 14 ) that an all star team playing against a travel team in a practice game = "participation."

our last year in socal all stars was 2006.
at that time, this was all kind of a grey area, but even then, they said you shouldnt do anything with a travel team.
in the last couple years, i've been told by people still playing all stars that they are saying don't do anything with a travel team, including practice, game, scrimmage, tea party, bowling....anything....

there is also a rule that says an all star team can't have more than 4 players who have played travel that year, even if they stopped by the 3/31 deadline. in 2005, there was an all star team from orange county that was disqualified at districts because they had more than 4 players who had played travel earlier that year...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coachyof5 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:04 am

In Northern District ASA (Brenda Marsh's old territory RIP) there was no problem playing TB teams. We did it last season in 10U to prep for States and Nats. :)
Coachyof5
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to CA