Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Is it ok for players and parents to call pitch locations?

by The preacher » Wed May 13, 2009 10:12 pm

The inmature bush leaguers dont understand that all they are doing is living their dreams throught their kids. The batters will never learn batting discipline and when they meet up with top notch programs that have good pitching and coaching they wont know what to do when daddy is not behind the home plate fence. Thats proably the difference between the 1% that makes it to a d1 college and a community college, plate discipline.
The preacher

by Nzane » Thu May 14, 2009 8:21 am

The preacher wrote:The inmature bush leaguers dont understand that all they are doing is living their dreams throught their kids. The batters will never learn batting discipline and when they meet up with top notch programs that have good pitching and coaching they wont know what to do when daddy is not behind the home plate fence. Thats proably the difference between the 1% that makes it to a d1 college and a community college, plate discipline.

Amen!! It is SO bush when PARENTS call out pitches. But, you have to laugh when the Daddy calls a change up, and a speed pitch makes his DD look silly.........
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by RACER X » Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 am

True Student wrote:My question is if its Ethical for parents and players to call pitch location before the pitch is thrown? I understand its part of the strategy some teams play but are the batters really learning to be discipline hitters? Do D1 colleges play this way too? Give me youre thoughts so I can understand this better.

Base runners trying to pickup a sign and relay somtheing to the batter - part of the game as long as they aren't standing out there waving their arms as if a swarm of bees are flying by :)

Better coached teams that have catchers that don't give the location away - part of the game.

Parents yelling "inside and outside," or the MUCH more discrete, "go with it and turn on it," -poor sportmanship, and ya sound like a bunch of idiots back there :roll:

Coaches that allow their bench players to call out locations - sooner or later you will play a team that will make your batter pay....upside the cheek! If you want to better prepare your team for the future, teach your kids how to recognize a pitch for cryin' out loud :o Or stay in recball, it would better match your coaching ability :o

JMO
RACER X

Previous

Return to CA