Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are the best 10u teams out there!!!!!!

by uplandmom01 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:32 am

So now that the new year has started, the 02's are now playing up in 12U, the winter shift has taken place with a few players moving to other teams, who are the teams that are now looking to be the best 10U teams out there? Think it was one of the first friendlies of the year with some of the better teams playing, curious to know what were the final results results from yesterdays OCBB 10U friendlies that took place in Baldwin Park.

They had
OCBB-Garcia
OCBB-Nelson
Adrenaline
Firecrackers-Grisley (formerly known as IE Hotshots)
BombSquad
Firecrackers IE 2021 - Traxler

Might be missing one team.

Anyone know final scores?
uplandmom01

by dialingnine » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:52 am

You should know Stephanie- you where there. LMAO
dialingnine

by uplandmom01 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:37 am

dialingnine???? talking to me???? My DD plays on Quakes 12U and was far from those fields and my name is not Stephanie
uplandmom01

by BringDHeat » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:08 am

My family and I are new to the world of travel ball. My daughter is a second year 10U player and the experience has already been quite eye opening to say the least. The rules regarding who is allowed to play and not allowed to play in 10U games are almost as interesting and confusing as the coaches and parents decisions on how to use those rules.

I have been told, though not sure if true:

Before January 1st, a player of any age can play in 10U friendly and 10U tournament games.
After January 1st, a player of any age can play in 10U friendly games, but only players born in 2003 or after can play in 10U tournament games.

If the above is true, does this make any sense to anyone? Why would anyone want their daughter to intentionally play down in a younger division? Isn’t one of the top reasons people leave rec. ball is so their daughters can play against better talent? Why would anyone pay travel ball fees to have their daughter play against younger girls? I hope the answer is not so they can win. Winning does not make players better. Playing against better talent makes players better.

Then there is the massive amount of players jumping from this team, to that team, to the other team. It is really quite a show if you can step back and watch. I am not saying that anyone should be cemented into a team, but the volume of players jumping around seems to be quite excessive. It is a bit comical when one is sitting on the outside looking in. That is just a simple observation by a newbie.

All this leads me to my humble and rookie first HeyBucket post that although it is fun to chit chat to throw hypotheticals around regarding who are the stronger teams, it is also a bit silly if the above January 1st rules above are true. Now that the magical January 1st date has passed and tournaments are eminent, the topic of “Who are the best 10u teams out there!!!!!!” begins to create some credible debate. That is if the age appropriate player marry-go-round settles down.

I think I am catching the travel ball fever and I am not sure that is a good thing…lol

Bring on the tournaments!
BringDHeat
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bugs » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:00 pm

BringDHeat it is very simple and spelled out in ASA rules. You must play in the division your age is after Jan 1. In other words if you are 10 years old after Jan 1 you play 10u, though you can play up. If you are 11 years old after Jan 1 you must play 12u and CANNOT play down.
bugs

by BringDHeat » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Thank you! It may be very simple, but I am told we have played teams since Jan 01 which have one or more 11 year olds. That is not to say the info is correct. It is just what some say regarding players they claim to know. We will see if those players take the field in upcoming tournament games.
BringDHeat
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:42 pm

bugs wrote:BringDHeat it is very simple and spelled out in ASA rules. You must play in the division your age is after Jan 1. In other words if you are 10 years old after Jan 1 you play 10u, though you can play up. If you are 11 years old after Jan 1 you must play 12u and CANNOT play down.

You have it reversed - if they turned 11 BEFORE Jan 1 (e.g. born 2002), they're 12U after Jan 1.

@BDH - Players that turned 11 in 2014 are still age-eligible for 10U, so you may have played against some 11yo's that are legitimately playing 10U.

Friendlies are informal - no one is checking birth certificates and nothing is at stake. With all the player movement you mentioned, some coaches are scrambling to pick up players and some might have temporarily picked up an older player just so their team could play.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by pinoypride1977 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:21 am

congratulations to batbuster garcia for winning so cal A's tournament and batbuster nelson for winning the coastal classic
pinoypride1977

by Baller454 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:49 am

BB Garcia looked good recently but PowerSurge is still the team to beat.
Baller454

by DreDay1980 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 am

Who has the best team out?10U "03"
DreDay1980

PreviousNext

Return to CA