Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are the best 10u teams out there!!!!!!

by onlooker » Mon May 12, 2014 1:24 pm

SammySosa21 wrote:
The biggest surprise was So Cal A's Rojas. They were touted as the team to beat after moving from 12's to 10's. I mean, this team was supposedly hand picked with the best pitching duo but can't make it to the finals of their own tournament. On top of that, I heard they're still recruiting players for State. Why on earth would you be recruiting other players if this team was hand selected? What does that say about the girls on the current roster? It seems wins are more important than developing players.

C'mon now Sammy - You mean outside of what you just said about the 2 pitchers on their team? and the other hand selected girls? Sounds like not a big surprise but the ammo you were hoping for to come on here and point out who they were/are. For the record, it's 10U and NO ONE is touted, NO ONE has their "own tournament" and NO ONE stops recruiting talent. Welcome to softball, where fair is not the goal or norm (without a bat in hand).
onlooker

by SammySosa21 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:43 pm

onlooker wrote:
SammySosa21 wrote:
The biggest surprise was So Cal A's Rojas. They were touted as the team to beat after moving from 12's to 10's. I mean, this team was supposedly hand picked with the best pitching duo but can't make it to the finals of their own tournament. On top of that, I heard they're still recruiting players for State. Why on earth would you be recruiting other players if this team was hand selected? What does that say about the girls on the current roster? It seems wins are more important than developing players.

C'mon now Sammy - You mean outside of what you just said about the 2 pitchers on their team? and the other hand selected girls? Sounds like not a big surprise but the ammo you were hoping for to come on here and point out who they were/are. For the record, it's 10U and NO ONE is touted, NO ONE has their "own tournament" and NO ONE stops recruiting talent. Welcome to softball, where fair is not the goal or norm (without a bat in hand).

Touted...predicted to win everything...what's the difference?

So Cal A's didn't host the Mother's Day Classic?

I'm confident most of the top teams, who have a roster of 12,13, or 14 are NOT recruiting players this far in the season. Most are practicing and preparing the committed girls they have. And yes, they're 10. What message are you sending these girls who've been promised the world then told you're not good enough, we need to find better one's one month before State. I agree, there is recruiting but typically not when the season is winding down. I've had two daughters play 10's, 12's, 14's and now are in high school and I've never seen a team so aggressive in recruiting this late in the season.
SammySosa21

by DreDay1980 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:24 pm

You guys are all ridiculous. All you guys are the ones hiding behind your fake online names and have a big mouth to talk with then.
This is travel ball get use to it. Don't think for one second that all coaches aren't secretly trying to acquire additional talent to their team.
What's the big deal if a player is unhappy on a team they will leave. If they are happy they will stay. Why are all these coaches acting like the kids on their team our their property. All these guys claiming to have been through the circuit before should know. Instead you guys are turning this into a big circus show.

There was a lot of good play this weekend.
Congrats to FireCracker (MDC winner)- the pitcher did a great job. Way to go "Cheese"
Congrats to Cal Breeze- they are playing great. For everyone else bring your A game those are the teams to beat.
DreDay1980

by SammySosa21 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:58 am

DreDay1980 wrote:You guys are all ridiculous. All you guys are the ones hiding behind your fake online names and have a big mouth to talk with then.
This is travel ball get use to it. Don't think for one second that all coaches aren't secretly trying to acquire additional talent to their team.
What's the big deal if a player is unhappy on a team they will leave. If they are happy they will stay. Why are all these coaches acting like the kids on their team our their property. All these guys claiming to have been through the circuit before should know. Instead you guys are turning this into a big circus show.

"Secretly trying." What you're doing is different. You set your chair down to an unsuspecting parent and ask if their 11 year old daughter wants to leave her current team whom she's played and practiced with for months, has developed a relationship with these girls, a sisterhood if you will, and go play for a team who cares more about recruiting than actually developing their players. How about you grab a fungo and hit a few ground balls instead of troweling at Friendlies. Not so secretive, is it? It's just dirty. I bet most go home and have to take a shower after a conversation with you.

Take a lesson from a team within your own organization...So Cal Athletics - Sanchez. He's taken a rec ball team and has made them into a fine travel team without troweling. Now that guy can coach!!!

You're the exception to the rule. Most of the coaches actually care about the girls on the team and become protective to the likes of you who, again, are troweling trying to snag this one from this team or that one from that team. You see, they actually invest the time to make the girls better softball players. They don't treat them like mincemeat and toss them aside when they're done and then go find another one.

Good day and have a pleasant tomorrow.
SammySosa21

by kevin » Tue May 13, 2014 12:30 pm

"Secretly trying." What you're doing is different. You set your chair down to an unsuspecting parent and ask if their 11 year old daughter wants to leave her current team whom she's played and practiced with for months, has developed a relationship with these girls, a sisterhood if you will, and go play for a team who cares more about recruiting than actually developing their players. How about you grab a fungo and hit a few ground balls instead of troweling at Friendlies. Not so secretive, is it? It's just dirty. I bet most go home and have to take a shower after a conversation with you.

Take a lesson from a team within your own organization...So Cal Athletics - Sanchez. He's taken a rec ball team and has made them into a fine travel team without troweling. Now that guy can coach!!!

You're the exception to the rule. Most of the coaches actually care about the girls on the team and become protective to the likes of you who, again, are troweling trying to snag this one from this team or that one from that team. You see, they actually invest the time to make the girls better softball players. They don't treat them like mincemeat and toss them aside when they're done and then go find another one.

Good day and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Robert Young coaches 10u :lol: :lol: couldn't resist
kevin

by DreDay1980 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Look here Mr. Anonoymous!! Oops I mean "SammySosa21"

I don't have time for all of your shenanigans you must be really butt hurt :oops: cuz I have not talked to you. Look here have a good future.

Be a man if you have something else to say don't hide behind your skirt. Oops I mean online status. Who knows maybe the skirt works best for you.

Good day and have a pleasant tomorrow!
DreDay1980

by Softball 03 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Both of you guys have great points

Re: "DreDay1980"- from the talk your style is a little aggressive and it makes some uncomfortable. This is my third time through the circuit. To your defense parents better get use to it. If the kid is any good many coaches are going to approach them. They are not going to ask the coach "Can I have your best player"

Re: "SammySosa21"- you do seem a little but hurt LOL! Wouldn't you prefer a coach to ask you first to see if there is any interest. It's your job to say yes/no and do what you feel is best for your daughter.

Parents- As you move further into the circuit you will get use to it. Everyone here just are not use to it yet. That's why all the gossip is on the 10u POSTS!

All these coaches are the same, my daughter is on one of the 10u teams and so far these are the teams that have asked us to join their team:
1- OCBB- Nelson
2- Both SoCal A's team
3- FireCracker

None of them asked our coach on the team first, but I didn't run to spread rumors either. So it starts with the parents all the coaches are the same. That's just how the game goes. :D

Coaches- If you are a good coach you don't have to worry about your kids leaving. Have a game plan and run a good practice. Don't think for a second that your not eventually going to lose a player and pick up another.

Thanks for the talk! :roll:
Softball 03

by softballdad28 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Softball 03 wrote:Both of you guys have great points

Re: "DreDay1980"- from the talk your style is a little aggressive and it makes some uncomfortable. This is my third time through the circuit. To your defense parents better get use to it. If the kid is any good many coaches are going to approach them. They are not going to ask the coach "Can I have your best player"

Re: "SammySosa21"- you do seem a little but hurt LOL! Wouldn't you prefer a coach to ask you first to see if there is any interest. It's your job to say yes/no and do what you feel is best for your daughter.

Parents- As you move further into the circuit you will get use to it. Everyone here just are not use to it yet. That's why all the gossip is on the 10u POSTS!

All these coaches are the same, my daughter is on one of the 10u teams and so far these are the teams that have asked us to join their team:
1- OCBB- Nelson
2- Both SoCal A's team
3- FireCracker

None of them asked our coach on the team first, but I didn't run to spread rumors either. So it starts with the parents all the coaches are the same. That's just how the game goes. :D

Coaches- If you are a good coach you don't have to worry about your kids leaving. Have a game plan and run a good practice. Don't think for a second that your not eventually going to lose a player and pick up another.

Thanks for the talk! :roll:

Wow your Kid must be a stud if she gets asked by all those teams, and I'll tell you this our coaches won't go to any player that is on a team and tell them to come on our team. I know that for a fact.
softballdad28

by Softball 03 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Hey I'm not here to argue, make friends or enemies. All I can do is tell you what teams that contacted me and I don't play for any of these teams.

What team are you on? Is it one of the ones above. If so your wrong!
Softball 03

by P-townPOP » Mon May 26, 2014 8:19 am

well I guess we know who the best team is now. SoCal A's!!!
P-townPOP

PreviousNext

Return to CA