Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are the best 10u teams out there!!!!!!

by softballdad28 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:38 pm

I wouldn't say that So Cal A's Rojas is the best team in 10's I don't think you can label any team that in the division I think there are 3 teams that standout above the rest So Cal A's, firecrackers- Grisley and power surge.

If you look at those three teams they have all beat each other. Firecrackers Grisley beat So Cal A's in the MDC and So Cal A 'a beat them in State, firecrackers and power surge have beat each other in tournaments and the same can be said for A's and Power surge, so for someone to say one of these teams is that much better than the other hasn't been watching. All 3 of these teams are really good.
softballdad28

by TheBallisYellow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:14 am

I agree all 3 are very good teams!
TheBallisYellow

by MyLifeInMySUV » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:11 pm

TCS Red, White and Blue tourney this weekend has 16 teams participating including all these top teams mentioned (both So Cal A's teams, 4 BB teams, Firecrackers Grisley and Powersurge). Not all these teams are going to nationals and not all are going to the TCS World Series but they are all in this tournament. With 3 pool play to single elimination and the fact that they are 10 year olds, it will only answer who is the best this weekend, not overall but it should be great 10u softball.
MyLifeInMySUV

by Dodgerqt » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:17 pm

10u season has come to an end. Who do you think the top teams are now???
Dodgerqt

by ONE FOR THE ROAD » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:31 pm

TENNESSEE MOJO
ONE FOR THE ROAD

by pinoypride1977 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:24 am

first I would like to congratulate all the ca teams for making the trip to Tennessee and representing cali with pride and respect. theyre was a lot of bad coaches and rude parents but for the most part cali stayed classy.

Congratulations to batbusters Garcia for placing 2nd in nationals he might not have the best team but he peaked when it mattered and had the girls playing their best during nationals. he was able to beat 2 good texas impact teams and the powersurge team to get to 2nd great job

powersurge had another good showing and after the first couple of days were probably the favorite when they met Garcia as 1 of the last 4 teams in the winners bracket but came up short. lost to a good impact team in the losers bracket to get eliminated. (Garcia didn't face the ace like powersurge did going 1-1 against impact) nothing to be ashamed of a good showing and definitely a top 5 team in the nation

so cal athletics I think had a rough week but showed their heart when they battled from the losers bracket to stay alive. they did lose to both impact teams though. I know they were missing a couple of girls but theyre sticks didn't show up like any one in 10u knows they have I think this team is best suited for 12u next year and expect them to be considered one of the contenders next year as a young 12

cal breeze from Sacramento had a disappointing week and im sure they expected to do much better lost to impact gold to place 2nd in their pool then lost a close 1 to texas glory their first bracket game (I think they were the better team but lost) was able to get a couple of wins intill they meet impact applebee to get eliminated

pure fastpitch I think was alittle out of their element in a tournament this good their bats didn't show up and that's how the team was built winning just 1 game (maybe 2 not sure how pool play went) but not sure what the coaches and parents expected and battled even though they struggled put up a decent fight

the top 5 teams im sure can state a case for being the best (even though mojo didn't lose I think the hardest team they played was batbusters twice I would of loved to see them against top competition back to back like the other teams) I was really impressed with the impact applebee team knocking off breeze, athletics, and powersurge and I don't know how batbusteres would of faired against their ace. ( powersurge sent them to the losers bracket to begin with a pretty convincing 4-2 win) athlectics won states (and beat Garcia 13-1 in red white and blue tournament a month ago) and impact0 3 beat them and the breeze and was clearly the most boastful team.

top 5 any order
impact gold applebee
batbusters Garcia
Tennessee mojo
powersurge
impact gold 03

honorable mentions Birmingham vipers, so cal athletics, and Atlanta premier

this is just a parents observation not meant to cause any ruckus but I have seen all the top cali teams play against each other and can't wait for the girls to start 12u in the fall good luck to everyone and hopefully will see yall (tennesee joke sorry) at pgf next year. Good Luck and play ball
pinoypride1977

by softballdad28 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:34 pm

What about the teams in Triple Crown, no consideration how about Firecrackers-Grisley winner of TCWS or the runner up BB MacArthur???
softballdad28

by txfastptchcoach » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:57 pm

On behalf of Impact Gold Applebe we have BIG respect for all the California teams we played. I have the upmost respect for Power Surge and its Coaching staff. I pride my kids on having Good fundamentals but this team was by far the most fundamentally sound team we saw ALL week. No disrespect; all the Cali teams were sound fundamentally they just looked very Tight (in a good way). #5 pitched her 2 best games during the week against So Cal A's and Power Surge. I would have loved to of had her in the circle for the Bat Buster game but for us to win it ALL she had to rest a game. I give props where props are due. The Bat Buster pitcher was a pitcher for sure!! She threw 3 different speeds and kept us off balance the whole game so I don't know how it would have turned out either way. You are right about the A's they were scary offensively you could see it all though #5 kept them in check. Like I said one of her best games in the circle. The 3rd baseman and Catcher for A's are the REAL deal!! I don't know what happened between our parents and the Breeze parents and Coach but it was ugly. Something provoked our side and as a coach I can only control our kids. I spoke to several parents later and they were ashamed in their actions. We look forward to seeing all of y'all next year. (Had to throw in the y'all). It's a southern thing. We befriended the Mojo and they did what they do and that was take care of business on who was infront of them. Congrats to them they EARNED it!!
txfastptchcoach

by chav7 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:18 pm

txfastptchcoach wrote:On behalf of Impact Gold Applebe we have BIG respect for all the California teams we played. I have the upmost respect for Power Surge and its Coaching staff. I pride my kids on having Good fundamentals but this team was by far the most fundamentally sound team we saw ALL week. No disrespect; all the Cali teams were sound fundamentally they just looked very Tight (in a good way). #5 pitched her 2 best games during the week against So Cal A's and Power Surge. I would have loved to of had her in the circle for the Bat Buster game but for us to win it ALL she had to rest a game. I give props where props are due. The Bat Buster pitcher was a pitcher for sure!! She threw 3 different speeds and kept us off balance the whole game so I don't know how it would have turned out either way. You are right about the A's they were scary offensively you could see it all though #5 kept them in check. Like I said one of her best games in the circle. The 3rd baseman and Catcher for A's are the REAL deal!! I don't know what happened between our parents and the Breeze parents and Coach but it was ugly. Something provoked our side and as a coach I can only control our kids. I spoke to several parents later and they were ashamed in their actions. We look forward to seeing all of y'all next year. (Had to throw in the y'all). It's a southern thing. We befriended the Mojo and they did what they do and that was take care of business on who was infront of them. Congrats to them they EARNED it!!

Coach for Impact Gold Applebe, We have to give you big props. You are one class act coach in our eyes. Our DD #77 played 3rd for Power Surge and for her to be told after 2 great games against your team directly from you/your coach that they have great respect for her as a player means a lot. Not many coaches go out of their to do that now a days. We had a very talented team and were very fortunate to be apart of such a wonderful group of girls, coaches, and parents! Your #5 pitched awesome all week and we are sure she will be lights out next season. Tennessee was a lot of fun, we made a ton of new friends from all over the country, we will have lots of great memories, and the pictures taken were awesome! We too hope to see y'all next year....with all that talent spread all over it can only get better...so much fun to watch and cheer for eachother!!! Good luck to you!
chav7

by SammySosa21 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:31 am

The (not so) shocking results came from the OC Batbuster teams. They sent three teams to the tournament and they were a combined 2-6! All three teams bounced out on the first day. The Garcia team had the easiest road to the finals and still could not make it. That team is getting bad as fast as the So Cal 3D team is getting good. Not sure how anyone, except the parents on those teams, can talk about any of the BB teams when speaking of the best out there. I know the Flores team is a 04 team so they clearly get a pass. It is painfully obvious that Garcia and Nelson are both ships taking on massive amounts of water. Each team winning only a singl
:lol: game.

Glad SammySosa21 has stopped crying. Dude, really?[/quote]

I guess that's why they build ships with life rafts. And sometimes to really survive, you have to get rid of the heavy expensive luggage. It sounds like Garcia played well in July going into Nationals. It shows you don't have to be the most talented to be successful. Speaking of talent, the (not so) shocking result of SoCal A's. Many times when you assemble that many ego's on one team, dis functionality soon follows.. My guess this team will not live to see another day. Good run for six months though.

My guess this thread was for Cali teams since it's on the CA Regional News. My final 5:

1. BatBuster - Garcia (came together when it mattered)
2. Firecracker - Grisley (won TC). Would have done well at Nationals
3. Power Surge (lost to BatBusters in Nationals)
4. SoCal A's (finished behind both PS and BB in Nationals)
5. Batbuster - McAurther (hard to say how they fair at ASA level but competed with some of the top teams - runner up at TC)
SammySosa21

Previous

Return to CA