Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are the best 10u teams out there!!!!!!

by 562Dad » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:46 pm

An update on the OCBB friendly in whitter. Besides the drama between pure and BB Garcia there was great softball. From the games I saw and was privileged to see AB, OCBB GARCIA, OCBB CHAVEZ, and Pure fastpitch.

Gm 1 pure fastpitch and OCBB Chavez. Chavez was up 2-0 earned runs, till last inning. Throwing error lead to Pure to tie the game 2-2 unearned runs. Was a very good game, there was the same drama of girl coach (pure) stealing BB Chavez signs, but both coaching staffs squashed it early, believe they know eachother.

Gm2 OCBB Garica vs AB, Garcia threw strong 1a or 1b was a solid 4-1 win.

Gm3 OCBB Chavez OCBB Garcia. Another close good game. Was a pitching battle both teams threw #1's. Chavez out hit Garcia (1 hit), but a 2-0 win for Garcia.

Gm4 Pure Fastpitch 6-3 over AB

Gm5 was the tie between Pure and OCBB Garcia which was good game with pure on top till last inning. A side note both pure and OCBB Garica threw thier #3's in this game. Both threw thier #1 against Chavez.

Gm 6 AB toped OCBB Chavez 4-2. Sloppy game by Both teams.

Probably didn't shed any light on whos better just another example of how close the teams are. Will be a fun and exciting tournament next week.
562Dad

by uplandmom01 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:25 pm

once the 02's are gone in January it will be much better to see who are the better 03 teams. Right now doesn't make a difference, it will all matter next summer at Nationals. Right now, too early to tell for any of these teams.
uplandmom01

by SoftballCheese2 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Your right uplandmom1 its early in the season but this is great to see how teams did in there friendlies. One thing I have to disagree with you on is, I think most teams that we are discussing have all 03's.
SoftballCheese2

by roccovaldez » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:19 am

Theres a new team that has been catching my eye and that is So Cal Bandits in La Mirada
roccovaldez

by eclipse09 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 pm

uplandmom01 wrote:So I was at the Firecrackers Friendly in Fontana yesterday with my 12U DD (Quakes 01), very well run by the way, good job guys/gals and one of my friends (The Core) was playing against the new Firecrackers 10U 2021 team at the other park and went to see them play. Firecrackers are heavy on the pitching, have good speed and very good defense. All 03's.

They went three for four, they lost their last game to power surge by a couple of runs but I heard they were short 3 girls due to sickness and even played one game with 8 girls and still beat The Core 8-0.

I.E. Hot Shots played well and tied Power Surge 0-0 and won all their games.

The Power Surge coach got kicked out when they were playing against FC and the Quakes coaches also got kicked out when playing against Hot Shots.

So it appears that there was excitement everywhere!!!!!

I also saw the Firecrackers 10U team play in Fontana 3 weeks ago and they beat Rampage, TNL White and TNL Blue.

In no specific order.

1) PowerSurge
2) OC Batbusters - Garcia
3) I.E. Hot SHots
4) Pure Fastpitch
5) Firecrackers 2021

On a side note

Local 12's to keep an eye on

No specific order

1) So Cal A's Mercado
2) Firecrackers Thornburg
3) OCBB - Bracamonte
4) OCBB -Stith
5) Team Nike
6) So Cal Chopper Vidal
7) Firecrackers Manny
8) SoCal A's STidd
9) OC United
10) Firecrackers 2019

The last team, 2019, we played yesterday, good defense, good bats and the catcher that played against my team, Quakes Bolger, was a very good catcher. Couple of our girls played with her in the past and they call her Ocho? First time we saw them but they looked pretty strong.

Let's hope the coaches getting kicked out at friendlies is not a common occurence. And this is at 10u. :roll:
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoftballCheese2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 pm

roccovaldez wrote:Theres a new team that has been catching my eye and that is So Cal Bandits in La Mirada
They are pretty good but
Im pretty sure some of those girls are 02's
SoftballCheese2

by chas04 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:31 am

I agree as well that Powersurge looks like the strongest team out there. I will say that I watched Powersurge play Quakes Romero and it was a very close game. Quakes had a very strong pitcher that looked like she was throwing about 50 plus.
chas04

by SoftballCheese2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:53 am

chas04 wrote:I agree as well that Powersurge looks like the strongest team out there. I will say that I watched Powersurge play Quakes Romero and it was a very close game. Quakes had a very strong pitcher that looked like she was throwing about 50 plus.

She throws hard, but she is a 02 that team will move up come January into the 12u division.
SoftballCheese2

by chas04 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:22 am

I was wondering why no one had them as a top 5 team in 10U. I was talking to a parent from Powersurge and they said have played Quakes Romero 4 times with both teams winning twice. How is that other Quakes team? Are they a true 10U team?
chas04

by chas04 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 am

It's hard to imagine that team is all 02's. Have you seen their website? Some of those girls look small.
chas04

PreviousNext

Return to CA