Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are the best 10u teams out there!!!!!!

by rocknfire » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:54 pm

I agree with most of you PS 03 looks like the team to beat all 03 right now and they will only get better they have the best coaching staff X college coach and High school Forrest Levinson is there Hitting coach and the best best defence coach in San Diego Jeremy Bechtell make a great team together other teams that look good are
Batbusters
Pure fastpitch
IE hotshots
I dont know how many 02 kids they have we will have to see come Jan.
TNL is a rec ball team they did not look that good to me thats just my opinion
rocknfire

by Lovethedirt » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:28 am

Pretty much agree with most From what I have seen so far Pure Fastpitch and Powersurge are the top teams. In recent friendlies I believe pure Fastpitch has beat both batbuster teams and quakes ? Powersurge has been very impressive as well. I give the edge to Powersurge but not sure anyone can compete with the BATS of PURE. My top 3 order would be (excluding quakes because they are not true 03)
Powersurge
Pure Fastpitch
BB Garcia
Lovethedirt

by Papageorgio » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:09 am

I was a casual observer of the Pure Fastpitch vs. OCBB/Mizuno Garcia in yesterday's games waiting for our game after. Both teams are solid. However, I was very disappointed on how Pure Fastpitch and their parents conducted themselves. I saw one of the coaches for PF stealing signs, which is perfectly legal, but bush league. A PF player fouled it off and almost his a BB coach and one of the parents screamed out, "Great foul ball, you almost hit him." After the game, one of PF parents walked over to BB side and started jawing at BB parents. These are 10 year old girls for crying out loud. Calm down people.
Papageorgio

by itsallinyourhead » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Agreed, Powersurge is coming out on top right now. I truly believe that on any given Sunday these teams can beat each other. They are all very strong with strong pitching, fielding and batting. Any given Sunday.

Powersurge
OCBB: both Garcia & Chavez
Pure Fastpitch.

and on a side note. People need to remember that these are only 9 and 10 year old girls. They do not understand or have the thick skin (yet) for the ugly part of the game. Such as telling a 10 year old girl not to thrown inside pitching if she can't control it. Their 10 its going to happen, kids are going to get hit. Stealing signs, shouting out rude things from the dug out. They are to young to understand any of that.

There were some great, great games this weekend. Much respect to those girls on both sides of the dugout for playing hard.
Last edited by itsallinyourhead on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsallinyourhead

by BrigitteNielsen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Results from Sunday Friendly at Amelia Mayberry....
OCBB Garcia ties Pure Fastpitch in a rematch from the weekend before. 3-3; things only got intense and interesting in the last inning when BB had a rally and tied with the winning run on 3rd base! The sad thing is when a parent from Pure Fastpitch calls out on a foul ball, in front of his daughter, "nice foul ball, you almost hit the other coach, just missed him", then you have a young lady, who is stealing signs from BB, talking incredibly disrespectful to adults on the other team, and finally, you have a coach, rather multiple coaches, come and threaten BB coaches to "let's take it out into the parking lot".

This last game, Pure Fastpitch displayed very poor judgement in front of young players who just love the game. You as coaches, role models, and of influence should know better then to subject your players, daughters to that type of behavior. Call it what you want, but the actions of The Pure Fastpitch coaching staff was atrocious. I don't see how they can be one of the top teams with the way they conduct themselves on the field. Parents should learn from their 10 year old daughter, "stay out of the drama, treat people as you want to be treated, and have fun,"
BrigitteNielsen

by Pure Fastpitch 10U » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Hey guys, first off let me say as a coach of pure Fastpitch I will be the better person and say I don't think either side handled the situation correctly. One member of the staff was stealing signs and this was discussed and handled after the game. This was not the time or age for this behavior. I apologize if this offended the staff of BB or the parents and will not happen again. I do need to clear the air though and I'm not here to point fingers but there was one parent on BB Garcia that I felt started the issue by verbal and racial attacks. These attacks I believe instigated the situation and need to be addressed by the organization and not here publicly. We will handle the situation as adults within organization and off a public forum though. I have the upmost respect for the BB organization and team Garcia. We both have great teams and will be some great games ahead. Myself, my staff and my parents will have a meeting as I ask the same from BB Garcia that this about the girls - yes 10 year olds girls. I really wish the episode turned out different but I urge all involved to take responsibility and to learn and grow from it. I will keep all gossip and attacks of the forum and handle this within the organization. Much respect for you guys as team and let's keep playing competitive softball. Again I apologize to the BB staff, family and organization that BOTH sides ,......we couldn't realize that this was not the place for fighting, threatening, or verbal attacks. Bottom line is every kid deserves more than that !
PURE FASTPITCH 02-03
Commit * train * succeed
Pure Fastpitch 10U

by Lovethedirt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:40 pm

I personally am not on either team but I saw the game. Sounds like coach wants to squash the drama but as a spectator I must say what I saw. There was a lady (think scorekeeper) on bat busters that verbally abused a member of pure staff. I don't know if she was stealing signs but sounds like coach said she was but is that a reason for racial attacks? Think she also made a comment on how she was dressed. I witnessed the attacks and pure coach message me if you need witness but sounds like you and Garcia ?? Are handling it internally. All should learn lesson and move on, two great teams ! That mom should be talked to by bat buster organization though or at least staff
Lovethedirt

by uplandmom01 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:33 pm

So I was at the Firecrackers Friendly in Fontana yesterday with my 12U DD (Quakes 01), very well run by the way, good job guys/gals and one of my friends (The Core) was playing against the new Firecrackers 10U 2021 team at the other park and went to see them play. Firecrackers are heavy on the pitching, have good speed and very good defense. All 03's.

They went three for four, they lost their last game to power surge by a couple of runs but I heard they were short 3 girls due to sickness and even played one game with 8 girls and still beat The Core 8-0.

I.E. Hot Shots played well and tied Power Surge 0-0 and won all their games.

The Power Surge coach got kicked out when they were playing against FC and the Quakes coaches also got kicked out when playing against Hot Shots.

So it appears that there was excitement everywhere!!!!!

I also saw the Firecrackers 10U team play in Fontana 3 weeks ago and they beat Rampage, TNL White and TNL Blue.

In no specific order.

1) PowerSurge
2) OC Batbusters - Garcia
3) I.E. Hot SHots
4) Pure Fastpitch
5) Firecrackers 2021

On a side note

Local 12's to keep an eye on

No specific order

1) So Cal A's Mercado
2) Firecrackers Thornburg
3) OCBB - Bracamonte
4) OCBB -Stith
5) Team Nike
6) So Cal Chopper Vidal
7) Firecrackers Manny
8) SoCal A's STidd
9) OC United
10) Firecrackers 2019

The last team, 2019, we played yesterday, good defense, good bats and the catcher that played against my team, Quakes Bolger, was a very good catcher. Couple of our girls played with her in the past and they call her Ocho? First time we saw them but they looked pretty strong.
uplandmom01

by BrigitteNielsen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:39 pm

It was the Pure Fastpitch young lady who was stealing signs from BB, and I agree both sides are to be held accountable for their actions. I really do hope both teams speak to the parents and remind them of the proper etiquette while cheering on their teams. These teams will be seeing each other agian in tournaments, this weekend to be exact.
BrigitteNielsen

by softballdad28 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:01 pm

I was at the friendly in Fontana and saw some great games. It was my first time seeing IE hotshots 03 and they are a really good team, very deep pitching staff. They have 3 different pitchers that throw well. I saw a very good power surge team who also has great pitching and defense. I believe the Hotshots and power surge tied and then they each won 3 other games. Power Surge beat Firecrackers 2021 4-1 and Hotshots beat TNL white 8-1.

I would rank 10u teams in this order

Power Surge
IE Hotshots
Oc BB Garcia
Pure Fastpitch
TNL White
softballdad28

PreviousNext

Return to CA