Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

14u SoCal ASA Qualifying Tournamentsi

by anonlooker » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:30 pm

From SoCal ASA website, it looks like the following are tournaments in which you can qualify for 14u nationals:

Hall of Fame qualifier, May 23-24, Orangecrest/Riverside;
it reads the winner advances to HoF in OKC June 12-14, and the top 8 qualify for Nats. I assume that means to top 8 from OKC, not the top 8 from the qualifier... right?

States, Lancaster, June 5-7;
Top 12 teams??

Nat'l Qualifier, Clovis, July 3-5;
How many teams qualify?

14u regional, July 10-12, Vacaville;
is this a National qualifier? How many teams qualify?

I'm trying to figure out how many teams could qualify from SoCal, based on these tournaments.

And add in the teams that have berths already, how many are we looking at going to GA? Or that could go?

And the handful of 14u teams that have been playing almost exclusively in 16u, are they going to play 14's for Nats, or stick with 16's? Or is that closely guarded information? :?
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Platinum » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:39 am

Do "Qualifying Tournaments" mean anything anymore? Last years national team totals were down so why do you think they are now taking top 12 from state. In past years I've heard they gave berths away. Oh yeah it's all about making that money... To me you must earn it, not given it.
Platinum

by Madmun » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:35 am

Do "Qualifying Tournaments" mean anything anymore? Last years national team totals were down so why do you think they are now taking top 12 from state. In past years I've heard they gave berths away. Oh yeah it's all about making that money... To me you must earn it, not given it.

I dont disagree with having to earn it, but....(I know I am opening a can of worms here) a CA team that comes in 12th at CA state most likely will be a top 15 team at nationals and maybe even higher. Its not because we are sooooo good here, we just have an advantage being able to play all year long. Teams from other warmer areas, like Texas, Florida, etc..., seem to do better too. Team from the colder areas just dont get the play time and are at a disadvantage. Doesnt mean they cant win, because they can, they are just at a disadvantage, thats all.

It wouldnt be a true national championship unless the best teams were there.

Its just my opinion, I know I will be blasted from others outside of CA. I will take it like a man, so fire away. ;)
Madmun

by Iluvblue » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:41 am

At 16u Regionals last year, ONLY THE TOP 2 got a ticket to nationals.

The at large NQ in clovis will usually result in top 2 getting to go.

The number of teams getting to nationals out of socal state has to do with number of teams registered and I think they changed a few things this year that allowed more teams in.

In all honesty, only taking the top 3 from socal states was a joke. It is better now.
Iluvblue

Return to CA