Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

what is the new 14u top 10 after force classic?

by Madmun » Fri May 08, 2009 9:57 am

Iluvblue wrote:The top 4-5 socal teams are just better overall then any norcal teams. That is a given, but after that, the better norcal teams can and do compete with that next tier of socal teams.

I did laugh last year at regionals as the socal parents stood at the board to predict a butt whipping of my team by socal batbusters. It was fun to send them to the losers bracket in game 1, then to do the same to the socal wildcats in game 2, and then send home Mizuno Pride on Sunday only to lose the final game of the tournament after blowing a 2 run lead in the last inning to SD Braeakers.

On any given day a good norcal team can pop up and beat a socal team... especially if that socal team is foolish enough to think they are just gonna roll.

I agree. Any team can beat any team on any given day. Thats why we play. This isnt NCAA Division I Football. The winner of a tournament is the winner and we all know many factors go into it, even luck. But you have to tip you hat to anyone left standing late Sunday night.
Madmun

by NoNothin » Fri May 08, 2009 11:36 am

dodgerblue wrote:
socal teams need to stop looking down on norcal! ya kno maybe if some of u socal teams used all that money u have to come up here and play us a lil more often, u might find some respect for what we're doing. you've always been on top so i guess u just wouldnt understand how hard it is to be in norcal where the best up here is only good on your standards, and all of socal who thinks they are superior to all of norcal really needs a reality check. u ought to respect that when u cant always afford to play 200miles from home, nobody knows who u r, and u simply go unrecognized because the all mighty socal teams never like to admit that they might actually have some competition. ya ya ya, just forget norcal bcuz we aren't playing in your little 'we'r the best' loop of teams. stop stereotyping norcal as being worse than yourselves, bcuz if some of us norcal teams could b able to play in socal evry weekend, imagine how much better we'd b...better than socal

How about you bring your best 2 teams to a Hurricane friendly and see how you measure up with So Cals best? I doubt any of us will travel up north get a hotel spend lots of money to try to get an answer for something we already know. :o You seem to have something to prove we don't we're alright down south beleive me.

Easy Blue.....we call that sturrin the pot. No need to even go there....just let it simmer.

NoNo
Respect All Fear None!!!!
NoNothin

by 310joe » Tue May 12, 2009 2:56 pm

I would definitely make a strong vote for Team Easton95 being in the top 5. They have three very strong pitchers that most teams cannot figure out.
310joe

by 310joe » Tue May 12, 2009 3:00 pm

Team Easton also has a '96 that is batting over 600 against all 14u teams this season!!
310joe

by anonlooker » Tue May 12, 2009 3:04 pm

310joe wrote:I would definitely make a strong vote for Team Easton95 being in the top 5. They have three very strong pitchers that most teams cannot figure out.

Wow! They sound awesome!

How about some more info before we officially go to the polls:

What tournaments have they played in, where did they finish?
What is their record vs Top 10 teams? vs Top 25 teams?

And anything else you would like to add that might warrant them being ranked so high?
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Dilligaf » Tue May 12, 2009 3:34 pm

310joe wrote:I would definitely make a strong vote for Team Easton95 being in the top 5. They have three very strong pitchers that most teams cannot figure out.

LMFAO, top 5 of what? Please tell me this is a joke. Never heard of them before, "three very strong pitchers that most teams cannot figure out" ??? Where do you play, NoCal? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dilligaf

by pitcher97mom » Tue May 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Curious...Does Team Easton have 2 "95" teams? American Pastime 12's played and beat Team Easton 95 3-0 at a 14U AFA qualifier in Walnut just before Easter...just wonderin' :?
pitcher97mom
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Tue May 12, 2009 4:45 pm

The "3" in that 3-0 loss is probably attributable to high winds, bad blues, and a freakish series of uncharacteristic errors by the (otherwise) airtight infield, likely due to substandard groundskeeping.
As for the "0", that's open to conjecture. .
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by darkaspain » Wed May 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Aren't they a "newer" L.A. team? If they are the same team I saw play, they were slaughtered in each game played. On the flipside, that means they would have a good weekend in Nocal at a friendly.
darkaspain

by Iluvblue » Thu May 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Id say the top 4-5 teams are above the top norcal teams overall, but after that, a weak team in socal is gonna get pummeled up here just like down there.

Just being a socal team doesnt make a team good..... I figured that out a long time ago. But you can keep thinking like that if you want. I especially like playing teams from down there that think like you.
Iluvblue

PreviousNext

Return to CA