Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

a few questions about teams from last year

by ManitouDan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:50 am

Hey --was looking at the 12u polls for Ca. and wondering about a couple teams we saw at the 12u in Alabama last year. I don't see the grapettes in any poll but if my memory serves me correct they had a 6'1" or 2" pitcher that was an 11 yr old --was she actually 12 and move up in 09' OR playing with someone else his year ?

Team Smith had either mainly all or mostly all 11u's last fall --They still have the core group of girls that played in alabama ?

The Corona Angel's 96 team finished top ten I think --are they ranked 1 or 2 now ?
How is the Salinas Storm team that are now 13u's ? They stick together --We (ohio stingrays)blew a 2 run lead with 1 out in the 6th against them , could have moved into the round of 16 with no loses but the better team propably came out on top.

Does Ca hold their ASA state tourney in July ? Thats when us midwesterner's usually have it ?

Thanks - MD
ManitouDan

by artomatic » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:52 am

ManitouDan wrote:Hey --was looking at the 12u polls for Ca. and wondering about a couple teams we saw at the 12u in Alabama last year. I don't see the grapettes in any poll but if my memory serves me correct they had a 6'1" or 2" pitcher that was an 11 yr old --was she actually 12 and move up in 09' OR playing with someone else his year ?

From what I've been told, some of the grapettes players from the Alabama team moved to San Jose Sting and AASA. There are now two 14u grapettes teams, not sure who is on them. We played the San Jose Sting 14u Sunday in Fresno. The tall pitcher and the shortstop from last year's 12u grapettes are on that team. The coach from last year's 12u team stayed in 12's and is coaching that division's team.

Team Smith had either mainly all or mostly all 11u's last fall --They still have the core group of girls that played in alabama ?

I believe this year's 14u teamsmith is a different team from the one that was in Alabama. I don't know if the team that went to Alabama is still together.

The Corona Angel's 96 team finished top ten I think --are they ranked 1 or 2 now ?
They finished 13th in Alabama. They are a top 12u team this year....if you don't believe me, just ask them. :D

How is the Salinas Storm team that are now 13u's ? They stick together --We (ohio stingrays)blew a 2 run lead with 1 out in the 6th against them , could have moved into the round of 16 with no loses but the better team propably came out on top.
don't know.

Does Ca hold their ASA state tourney in July ? Thats when us midwesterner's usually have it ?
Socal 12's states are usually Memorial Day weekend, 14's are the following weekend.
Thanks - MD
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rbi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:07 am

Art, you were close on the last years Grapes, 3rd base for Grapes is now SS for Sting, SS for Grapes is now SS for AASA. Two Grapes went to Sting the 96' Tall rise baller (did she throw against Angels on Sunday?), and 3rd. Four moved to AASA (3 slappers and SS), one is on 14U Grapes Corey Reid, and three are on Grapes Paul Lee (if he is still coach after Fresno), and one 96' still plays for 12U.

The 12U Grapes this year won the Silver bracket at Fresno, but are not on the same level overall as last years team, but still scrappy, and well coached.
Last edited by rbi on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 am

yeah, my kid and I recognized the two players i mentioned Sunday when we played Sting.
One was at SS, and the tall girl was hitting but not pitching.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ManitouDan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 am

art --thanks for the info . So the tall pitcher for the grapes that moved on is a 96 ? But playing 14u this year ?

Just think in only 2 more weeks us midwestern folks actually start playing outside (with any constient weather) any wonder we have a hard time keeping up . MD

Looked back at my records --it was actually the SJ Sting we blew the 2 run lead against , not the Storm.
ManitouDan

Return to CA