Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Fresno best games this weekend???????????????????

by Iluvblue » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:34 pm

well yes she is but only probably the 4th or 5th fastest on that team. a couple of those leftys can run lyk lightening.

I am sorry, I guess my sarcasm was not very good. In FP it is IMPOSSIBLE to steal home on the pitch. The only way to do an actual STEAL of home is to take off when the catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher.

Everything else would be scoring on a wild pitch or a passed ball, not an actual steal of home like can be done in a baseball game.
Iluvblue

by wadeintothem » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:52 pm

rbi wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:besides in TNL vs Crackers champ game.. as art can attest.. it was Jerry's runner that left early.. and I called it..

Flattery indeed...

and he cried like a mofo..

but i still think hes a riot!

Dont know Jerry at all, but when we played them he had a controversial call that after UIC came over and made a ruling, and IMO probably not the right calll, he was not happy but didnt make a big deal out of it and the game went on. As well as in last inning time was seriously running out and he was home team up by 2 with 2 outs and full count on his hitter. He called time and I was like oh here we go hes gonna milk it and games gonna be over, but he DIDN'T, he made it real quick in his conversation with hitter and she was out on next pitch. Long story short as I looked at Wade he motioned to play another inning, and said we had 12 seconds left. Jerry could have VERY easily milked that time out longer and not given us another at bat. I know TONS of coachs who would have milked that timeout until blue said lets go, but he didnt and I give him credit for that.

HMM..I had a game like that with him.

If this was AASA vs TNL, that was me as home plate umpire.

The call by the BU and subsequent affirmation of the rule by the UIC was 100% correct.. in fact I told jerry the BU was was correct and the protest was a big waste of everyones time, but he still wanted to go through with it... but he was very good natured and professional throughout the protest IMO and perfectly within his rights to be 100% wrong ;)
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by wadeintothem » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:06 pm

I shoulda protested his protest. :lol:

Nah, if theres a rules issue and they want to talk to the UIC and get a ruling.. that is typically allowed. To me, this protest was a no brainer - but he had a legit misunderstanding of the rule and it was properly handled IMO.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by 16<3sfastpitch4evr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Iluvblue wrote:well yes she is but only probably the 4th or 5th fastest on that team. a couple of those leftys can run lyk lightening.

I am sorry, I guess my sarcasm was not very good. In FP it is IMPOSSIBLE to steal home on the pitch. The only way to do an actual STEAL of home is to take off when the catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher.

Everything else would be scoring on a wild pitch or a passed ball, not an actual steal of home like can be done in a baseball game.

well wtv. i dont kno baseball, fp is my game and the technicalities of it are mostly hooey to me. she scored with out the ball being hit. sounds lyk a steal to me :lol:
great hitters are able to hit a great pitch poorly; doesnt that mean a great pitcher is better than a great hitter?! ha!
16<3sfastpitch4evr

by dittoz » Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am

Grapettes played the 'Canes on Saturday and went 4 or 5 ITB's. Something like that...?
Grapes had the game won several times, only to see the 'Canes keep coming back.

'Canes finally won, but oh man what a nail biter!
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by rbi » Fri May 01, 2009 9:21 am

wadeintothem wrote:I shoulda protested his protest. :lol:

Nah, if theres a rules issue and they want to talk to the UIC and get a ruling.. that is typically allowed. To me, this protest was a no brainer - but he had a legit misunderstanding of the rule and it was properly handled IMO.

Wade, so tell me how the ruling was explained to TNL, did you rule that runner would have made it to 2nd had there been no obstruction? because TNL was arguing that runner would have been nailed by 10 feet had there been no obstruction, and UIC confirmed to me that "obstruction is not a free pass"? Just curious?
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Fri May 01, 2009 10:24 am

Dont know what UIC said, but that is TOTALLY umpire judgment as far as where runner would have ended up.
Iluvblue

Previous

Return to CA