Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Fresno Force Tournament Multiple Vehicles Vandalized

by CALL-IT-LIKE-I-C-IT » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:33 pm

My vehicle was broken into at Buchannan high school and a couple of thousand dollars in personal property and damage to my vehicle is what I am victim to .
So unfortunate that this is our second time out here and my family and team are two for two in disappointment of this tournament.
We are a Los Angeles based team and the $$$ and effort it takes to come out and seek competition here in Fresno both times has been one that the cost was greater than the return.
Last year I did not know what was worse the field conditions or the local blues with what seemed to be inexperienced along with your more than usual god awful calls?
This year, the fields a little better and for sake of not being completely negative the blues as well ( just a little ) and this year I was charged for parking $5.00 and yes I know I could of parked anywhere but for the greater good and to contribute to the cause I chose to park were I did .
And myself along with other victims not only paid for parking we were also taxed in loss and damages.
I would only hope that next time an organization charges it patrons for all the stuff that comes with travel softball i.e... Parking, food, entry, umpire fee’s ,Tournament fee's etc…. maybe add on the cost of some parking lot security, or maybe or just hire all these hot head dads that are part of our travel ball community to walk through the parking lot for good measure and presence and have them beat up a criminal instead of the coaches or each other.
CALL-IT-LIKE-I-C-IT

by geterdone » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:51 pm

I am sorry for your loss and hope that this was an isolated incident and it did't happen across the board. This is not good for a tournament!
geterdone

by sbmama40 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:59 pm

My car was also broken into at the Fresno tournament this weekend. Nothing was out in the open but it didn't matter. They knew where to look. They really do need to get security for their parking lots. It's not too hard for these criminals to figure out that on the last day of an event, every one will be checked out of their hotels and all their stuff in the car ready for the ride home. Jackpot.
sbmama40

by dittoz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:48 am

Also stayed at Picadilly - University.

No problems with us, but we unloaded -everything- and kept it in the hotel room.
The Section 8 housing right next door and the crowd of local teens at the 7-11 out front was enough to know things weren't exactly safe...
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by SoftballG » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:34 am

thats just horrible news... sorry for your loss
sucks that you can't have a weekend with your family and not worry about your car
SoftballG

by KekambuS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:08 pm

:( I bet the thief’s have been planning this for months. I always bring my bags in and make sure nothing is left out in the car for the thief to see. Keep them honest.
Sorry about the lost.

Outlaws 12u
KekambuS

by pasillac » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 pm

sorry about your bad experience.
pasillac

by KekambuS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:14 pm

:lol: I did see a security guard walking around but he looked the same age as the umpire. My 12 girls could kick his A_S. And i bet the security guard could of umped a better game.
KekambuS

Return to CA