Lots of upsets

Pool A: Angels over PS96
Pool B: Breeze over Wild
Pool C: Express over Force
Pool D: Grapettes over Elite
Pool E: Rebels over TS97
Pool F: Rebels over Diamonds
Pool G: Batbusters over Wildcats

Let's get ready to Ruuuuummmmmbbbbbllllle. Angels over Rebels in championship. Big Brawl II. Amie beats up Kenny.
Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.
-Otter
porcupine

by socalsoftball » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:57 pm

A) 1- Power Surge
2- CA - Knighten
B) 1- Raiders
2- Team Smith
C) 1- Angels - Lockman
2- Revenge 96
D) 1- Jynx
2- Valley Tribe
E) 1- BB Snow
2- Lil Rebs
F) 1- CA Rebels
2- Diamonds
G) 1- BB Marquez
2- WC 96
socalsoftball

by bracketologist » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Helpful hints for new Fresno Force Classic coaches. You pitch your #1 in game #1: Why?

1. Notice the number of "hard first round games" this happens every year. Example: This years pool play bracket guarantees BS96 & Ca Rebels will not see each other until late bracket play on Sunday.
2. If you win the first, everything falls into place to "qualify".

Pool A:
1.Power Surge
2.Corona Angels-Knighten

Power Surge over CA Thunder on an error or errors. No defensive errors and Thunder advances. Have a feeling that this will be Thunder’s pitchers best game to date. CA-Knighten win top side. All three will be factors on Sunday. With Thunder running out of gas after two games on Sunday.

Pool B:
1. Team Smith 96
2. Raiders

If Minor’s Gold can get by their 1st game, without using their #1 pitcher – I think they will beat the Raiders in round two. I don't expect that to happen .. as their goal has to be qualifying. Either way if Team Smith plays their A game, they win this bracket.

Pool C:
1.Corona Angels-Lockman
2.Revenge 96'

CA Lockman looks to have the easier path.

Pool D
1.Jynx
2.OC Wildcats 97

The top side of this bracket is heavy, while the bottom is a little lite. Ok I am sticking my neck out picking Jynx over Valley Tribe … but that’s what the poll is telling me.

Pool E:
1.Lil Rebels 96'
2. OC Batbusters Snow

Great pool – The fifth placed team in this pool will likely win the Silver Bracket on Sunday. Don’t over look Sac Fire & Ice. The TNL vs. OC Batbusters game should be a classic (as there is a chance the loser of this game – may not make the gold bracket on Sunday)

Pool F
1. Bomb Squad
2. Strikkers (I like the name)

I like Bomb Squad over Cal Rebels in the one game death match. The bracket gods were kind and gave the winner one games rest before likely meeting the AAs. I like Bomb Squad, Rebels and the AA’s to be contenders on Sunday. One of the finalist will come out of this pool. My vote is for the Rebels.

Pool G:
1. OC Wildcats 96’
2. OCBB M

If they finish 1-2 both teams will be a factor in bracket play – either can afford to finish 3rd because of the extra game and lack of healthy pitchers.
bracketologist

by YellowBalls » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:55 pm

bracketologist wrote:Helpful hints for new Fresno Force Classic coaches. You pitch your #1 in game #1: Why?

1. Notice the number of "hard first round games" this happens every year. Example: This years pool play bracket guarantees BS96 & Ca Rebels will not see each other until late bracket play on Sunday.
2. If you win the first, everything falls into place to "qualify".

Pool A:
1.Power Surge
2.Corona Angels-Knighten

Power Surge over CA Thunder on an error or errors. No defensive errors and Thunder advances. Have a feeling that this will be Thunder’s pitchers best game to date. CA-Knighten win top side. All three will be factors on Sunday. With Thunder running out of gas after two games on Sunday.

Pool B:
1. Team Smith 96
2. Raiders

If Minor’s Gold can get by their 1st game, without using their #1 pitcher – I think they will beat the Raiders in round two. I don't expect that to happen .. as their goal has to be qualifying. Either way if Team Smith plays their A game, they win this bracket.

Pool C:
1.Corona Angels-Lockman
2.Revenge 96'

CA Lockman looks to have the easier path.

Pool D
1.Jynx
2.OC Wildcats 97

The top side of this bracket is heavy, while the bottom is a little lite. Ok I am sticking my neck out picking Jynx over Valley Tribe … but that’s what the poll is telling me.

Pool E:
1.Lil Rebels 96'
2. OC Batbusters Snow

Great pool – The fifth placed team in this pool will likely win the Silver Bracket on Sunday. Don’t over look Sac Fire & Ice. The TNL vs. OC Batbusters game should be a classic (as there is a chance the loser of this game – may not make the gold bracket on Sunday)

Pool F
1. Bomb Squad
2. Strikkers (I like the name)

I like Bomb Squad over Cal Rebels in the one game death match. The bracket gods were kind and gave the winner one games rest before likely meeting the AAs. I like Bomb Squad, Rebels and the AA’s to be contenders on Sunday. One of the finalist will come out of this pool. My vote is for the Rebels.

Pool G:
1. OC Wildcats 96’
2. OCBB M

If they finish 1-2 both teams will be a factor in bracket play – either can afford to finish 3rd because of the extra game and lack of healthy pitchers.

Some other things to consider:

OCBB Marquez - posting for pick-up pitcher, might not have staying power depending on who the injured pitcher is, one has a pretty big bat as well.

CA96 will be missing one of their pitchers and lost a big hitter, defense seems to be struggling lately, could pull it together though.

Wildcats 96 - pitching injuries will also be a factor, but do they have the sticks to compensate - I think so, but not to go all the way.

CA Thunder - could upset PS96 and if they are able to give the '97 a break, could do it again to CA96 and pull double-duty to take the bracket.

OCBB Snow and AA 97 are always a factor for an upset, lots of talent and heart on these teams and I hear MG 97 could also pull some punches... ;)
YellowBalls

Previous

Return to CA