Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Catching lessons

by crashdavis » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Looking for quality catching instructor in the so. ca. area. Any names or contact information that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
crashdavis

by barton » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:23 pm

If you want to make the drive to Escondido (N. San Diego County) Troy Afenir (760 743 6074) is great. He is an ex MLB catcher (1st round draft pick). My son plays catcher in the Poway H.S. program (ranked #1 in CA and #8 nationally last year) and Troy is who Poway coach Tom Brunansky (ex MLB all star) has recommended to us for the finer points of catching. Yes, he works with girls too. You can search him on the internet to find his credentials.
barton

by sportzjunky » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:17 am

Hey Crash - how old and how experienceed is the girl?
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by crashdavis » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:23 am

14 and been playing travel A ball for 4 years.
crashdavis

by DODGERFAN » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:35 pm

heretostay wrote:I am not sure if she gives lessons but if you can get Lena from Minors Gold to teach your catcher you will end up with a great catcher. I have seen what she has done with a lot of catchers and everyone of them is great. If you have the drive and will to learn she has all the tools to teach. The best catching coach I have ever seen.

You are right,Lena Lovelace is the best catching coach...Lena has done a great job with my daughter took her to the next level on her game..

Thank you leener>>>>>>>>>
"Slump ? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hittin." - Yogi Berra
DODGERFAN

Return to CA